This guy will be what Stanley Johnson should have been
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Re: WELCOME sekou doumbouya 

Post#62 » by El Chivo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:17 am

engelbert321 wrote:This guy will be what Stanley Johnson should have been

He's way more fluid and agile.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
the_l_train
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#63 » by the_l_train » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Let's say he plays good enough defense for Casey to start him...With Blake playing more of a point-forward role anyways, wouldn't it make more sense to shift Blake to SF and start Sekou at PF?

My fear is us trying to shove a round peg into a square hole like we did with Stanley.

We gotta throw him into the fire ASAP, I don't care if he is 18.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#64 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:06 pm

the_l_train wrote:Let's say he plays good enough defense for Casey to start him...With Blake playing more of a point-forward role anyways, wouldn't it make more sense to shift Blake to SF and start Sekou at PF?

My fear is us trying to shove a round peg into a square hole like we did with Stanley.

We gotta throw him into the fire ASAP, I don't care if he is 18.

There are no positions on offense when Blake’s on the floor so it really doesn’t matter because it works defensively.
Danets
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#65 » by Danets » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:14 am

So, how about that Sekou DAMNboya kid? Look, I’m not even a fan of the Pistons (Nets fan trying to run away from The Kyrie Circus). I loved Doumbouya going into the draft. I thought the potential was clear to everyone, so I was kind of surprised that he fell to you guys. I like watching him play, and I think he has the potential to be one of the 3 best players in the 2019 draft.

Did I have something clever to say? Absolutely not. I just came here to declare my love for Sekou. I love that kid.
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#66 » by subbed sub » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 am

Danets wrote:So, how about that Sekou DAMNboya kid? Look, I’m not even a fan of the Pistons (Nets fan trying to run away from The Kyrie Circus). I loved Doumbouya going into the draft. I thought the potential was clear to everyone, so I was kind of surprised that he fell to you guys. I like watching him play, and I think he has the potential to be one of the 3 best players in the 2019 draft.

Did I have something clever to say? Absolutely not. I just came here to declare my love for Sekou. I love that kid.

The sole ray of light in a dark, forgotten basement full of stale urine and dead prostitutes.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#67 » by hoophabit » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Danets wrote:So, how about that Sekou DAMNboya kid? Look, I’m not even a fan of the Pistons (Nets fan trying to run away from The Kyrie Circus). I loved Doumbouya going into the draft. I thought the potential was clear to everyone, so I was kind of surprised that he fell to you guys. I like watching him play, and I think he has the potential to be one of the 3 best players in the 2019 draft.

Kind words for the promising young player. His talent is obvious, but one of the best things he has going for him is his calm professional attitude/disposition. I'm excited to see his maturation as a player.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#68 » by MotownMadness » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Read yesterday he was the youngest to do it but guess Kobe is

Sekou Doumbouya became the 2nd youngest player (19 years, 23 days) in NBA history to score 24+ pts on 75+% FG in a game. The only player to do this at a younger age was Kobe Bryant back in April of ’97

Impressive company though
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#69 » by 440BB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 pm

It's as if the basketball gods decided to give the Pistons another chance to draft wisely out of pity over the Stanley Johnson pick.

Sekou falling into our laps as a draft pick was divine providence and Stefanski didn't buckle for a safer short term choice. Well played.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver

Return to Detroit Pistons