ImageImageImage

Draft Night Conversation Between Tom and Ed

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Rx
Sophomore
And1: 0

Draft Night Conversation Between Tom and Ed 

Post#1 » by Rx » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:10 pm

I know that my fellow Pistons fans were likely confused about what transpired last night.

Fortunately, I can clear up some of the misconceptions about the draft evening.
The following conversation between owner Tom Gores and Ed Stefanski was acquired via.....well, it's really not important:

It should not be read while driving or while operating heavy machinery. You are forewarned....

Tom: Okay, we need to capitalize on the huge momentum we have from the Snell trade. I can smell the #7 seed from here - at least out of one nostril.
Ed: So what's the plan for tonight then?
Tom: Well, we can't expect Tony Snell~ to play all 48 minutes, we're going to need someone to play a few minutes here and there. Are there any college players who've tapped out their potential already and might be a poor man's poor man's Tony Snell~? That's setting the bar too high...... forget it, just trade the pick for that French guy, you know the one.
Ed: The French guy?
Tom: Yeah, you know the one. From the Magic maybe?
Ed: (seeing opportunity) So if I use the 15 pick on the French guy I won't get fired?
Tom: You got it. Now go do it and don't bother me until my team is trending on Twitter again so I can brag to my friends.
.....45 minutes later
Tom: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU KNOW I DON"T LIKE PLAYERS WITH 'POTENTIAL' - IF THEY DON'T PAN OUT YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT! ONLY SIGN PLAYERS WHO ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND PAY THEM BASED ON THE FIVE BEST MINUTES OF THEIR CAREER! WHY YOU....
Ed: (interrupting) I just got you 4 more draft picks...
Tom: YOU'RE JUST MAKING THINGS WORSE
Ed: And 5 million dollars
Tom: Well......I guess.....we can overlook this......just this one time....but don't do it again! But get rid of those other picks!
Ed: Got it. Give me till the end of the night
(30 minutes later)
Tom: You did it again! You drafted someone, I saw it!
Ed: No I didn't
Tom: Yes you did, This Woj guy said so. He knows even before the TV does!
Ed: Nope, same guy. Long arms, long name, you tried to pronounce it and failed 8 times? Remember?
Tom: Well...okay.....I believe you for now, but when I'm done with my coc.....dinner party....I'm going to check and see if it was really the same guy!
Ed: No problem. Happens to the best of us. The fans are kind of miffed though, in a 'dangerous mob' sort of way
Tom: Of course they are! Drafting the same guy twice! How stupid can you be? I don't blame them for being mad. But I want them to like me. I'm a great guy! I guess you could do a little something for them. A LITTLE something. But get rid of those picks!
Ed: Oh, 3 of them are already gone sir. But are you suggesting that we throw the fans a bone?
Tom: Yeah, sign some local guy after the draft, I don't know. Just make them like me!
Ed: So you're saying I can throw them a Bone
Tom: YES, WHATEVER, A BONE. JUST GET RID OF THE PICKS. PICKS = HOPE.
Ed: Got it. Will do
Tom: You drafted a guy!
Ed: Yes I did. But I also signed that local guy you were talking about. MSU Spartan! And a special surprise for you......
Tom: It better be good..
Ed: Two words: Bennie Boatright
Tom: Should that mean anything to me?
Ed: He's the guy who was a teammate of the guy the majority of the fans wanted at the pick I sold for your dinner party.....
Tom: Ed......my boy.....let's talk an extension!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Re: Draft Night Conversation Between Tom and Ed 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:51 pm

:o

Return to Detroit Pistons