ImageImageImage

Bradley Beal

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Re: Bradley Beal 

Post#21 » by Kilo » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:20 pm

Drummond, Kennard, 2 FRP's is a competitive offer for Beal, who is signed through next season. If Washington chooses a different offer, so be it. But that is a legitimate offer.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#22 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:05 am

We're not trading Drummond

Hopefully we offer a deal surrounding Kennard+multiple 1st rounders.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#23 » by DCintheD » Fri Jul 5, 2019 2:01 am

Neptune wrote:We're not trading Drummond

Hopefully we offer a deal surrounding Kennard+multiple 1st rounders.

You’re right. Drummond doesn’t have the value to bring Beal back in any package.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#24 » by DetroitDon15 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:52 am

I’d say nothing. I don’t see a realistic deal. I could easily see them asking for more than the PG13 trade cost.
ocellatus921
Junior
And1: 14

Post#25 » by ocellatus921 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:19 am

Trade Jackson, Galloway, Maker, Thomas & 2 1st round picks for Beal. If they want 3 1st round picks then I'd want them to throw us a 2nd round pick(2020).

Rose/Frazer/Napier
Beal/Kennard/Brown
Snell/Sekou/Svi
Griffin/Morris
Drummond/Noah
Then sign Joakim Noah & Shabazz Napier to veterans minimum
Bartender
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#26 » by Bartender » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:52 pm

If they trade Beal, they are going to want to unload Wall's contract as well... from what I read.

Jackson, Snell, Galloway and Maker for Beal and Wall work.

Wall / Rose / Bone
Beal / Brown / Kennard
Mykhailiuk / Doumbouya / Robinson III
Griffin / Doumbouya
Drummond / Zaza
TSE wrote:Wow I actually like this trade, good job Mayhew!
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,525

Post#27 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Bartender wrote:If they trade Beal, they are going to want to unload Wall's contract as well... from what I read.

Wall / Rose / Bone
Beal / Brown / Kennard
Griffin / Doumbouya
Drummond / Zaza
I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I dont really care about Wall, but if he does somehow comeback healthy(low chance in my mind)great.

Rose
Beal
Frenchy
Blake
Andre

Is a hell of a team.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Post#28 » by flow » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
Bartender wrote:If they trade Beal, they are going to want to unload Wall's contract as well... from what I read.

Wall / Rose / Bone
Beal / Brown / Kennard
Griffin / Doumbouya
Drummond / Zaza

So in other words, Beal & Wall for a box of Crackerjacks. I'm sure the Wiz will be all over this. If they ever stop laughing.

Generally, there is value in expiring contracts for albatross contracts. But this isn't nearly enough. They'll want many picks on top of this.

coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#29 » by coordinator0 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Miami being interested in Beal and willing to take Wall and his contract on does not mean the Wizards are actually interested in trading Beal.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#30 » by Manocad » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 am

coordinator0 wrote:Miami being interested in Beal and willing to take Wall and his contract on does not mean the Wizards are actually interested in trading Beal.

Wait a minute...are you saying that in order for a trade to happen, the OTHER TEAM HAS TO HAVE INTEREST IN IT AS WELL?!?!?

mind = BLOWN

You have just torn the fabric of the RealGM Detroit Pistons forum space time continuum.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#31 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:13 am

flow wrote:[instagram][/instagram]

Wall / Rose / Bone
Beal / Brown / Kennard
Griffin / Doumbouya
Drummond / Zaza

So in other words, Beal & Wall for a box of Crackerjacks. I'm sure the Wiz will be all over this. If they ever stop laughing.

Generally, there is value in expiring contracts for albatross contracts. But this isn't nearly enough. They'll want many picks on top of this.

Taking on Wall's contract is a huge price to pay already but yeah, I agree we would still need to add some more. I would offer Jackson, Snell, Galloway, Kennard, and 2 future FRPs of the Wizards choosing. I think that is more than fair for Beal.

Wall/Rose/Frazier
Beal/Thomas
Doumbouya/Brown/Mykhailiuk
Griffin/Morris
Drummond/Maker

Championship team right there.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#32 » by ducler » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#33 » by Canadafan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:06 am

Snell LG Luke Sekou and 2020 unprotected 1st for Beal.
F*** it.
We're not likely starting Luke. Beal is a massive upgrade for us.
We're not likely playing Sekou at all. And who knows what he'll be in the future.

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Brown JJ
Beal Rose
RJ Frazier

Or we give them RJ and we keep Snell and LG

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Snell JJ
Beal LG
Rose Frazier

I'm bored. Dont kill me for reviving this thread :crazy:

Gotta pay to get this guy.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#34 » by Manocad » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Canadafan wrote:Snell LG Luke Sekou and 2020 unprotected 1st for Beal.
F*** it.
We're not likely playing Sekou at all. And who knows what he'll be in the future.

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Brown JJ
Beal Rose
RJ Frazier

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Snell JJ
Beal LG
Rose Frazier

Not to do the broken record thing, but I don’t see the point. I don’t see a championship roster there and obviously there’s no money left to build the team further. I get that some people would rather see a maxed out salary cap team that can win 48 games and get to the second round of the playoffs vs a maxed out salary cap team that wins 41 games and barely misses the playoffs or barely makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round. It would be one thing to add Beal, win 48 games, and lose in the 2nd round knowing that you had either salary cap space or trade assets to then make another step up the next year to a 53-55 win team that looks like a lock for a conference finals. I don’t see that as being an available scenario here, so give me the 41 wins, conservation of salary cap room/assets and higher draft pick option.

Simply put, building a team up via big steps followed by finishing touches baby steps works if you start that way. It doesn’t work if you’re paying out like you’ve got a nearly championship roster but are really a middle to low tier team; you get maybe one decent step (Beal) and no baby steps.

Tear it down, or in this case let it run its course out, and then start with the big steps followed by baby steps to finish it off.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#35 » by Neptune » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:55 pm

I'll trade Sekou, Kennard, two unprotected 1st rounders for Beal without question. Our future would be building around Beal, Dre and Griffin!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#36 » by Canadafan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:46 pm

Manocad wrote:
F*** it.

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Brown JJ
Beal Rose
RJ Frazier

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Snell JJ
Beal LG
Rose Frazier

Not to do the broken record thing, but I don’t see the point. I don’t see a championship roster there and obviously there’s no money left to build the team further. I get that some people would rather see a maxed out salary cap team that can win 48 games and get to the second round of the playoffs vs a maxed out salary cap team that wins 41 games and barely misses the playoffs or barely makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round. It would be one thing to add Beal, win 48 games, and lose in the 2nd round knowing that you had either salary cap space or trade assets to then make another step up the next year to a 53-55 win team that looks like a lock for a conference finals. I don’t see that as being an available scenario here, so give me the 41 wins, conservation of salary cap room/assets and higher draft pick option.

Simply put, building a team up via big steps followed by finishing touches baby steps works if you start that way. It doesn’t work if you’re paying out like you’ve got a nearly championship roster but are really a middle to low tier team; you get maybe one decent step (Beal) and no baby steps.

Tear it down, or in this case let it run its course out, and then start with the big steps followed by baby steps to finish it off.

Ya I hear ya.
Not sure what our cap outlook would look like but maybe we'd have some wiggle room to add a good SF and then use our bird rights to resign Dre and RJ.(something I'm not overly excited about)

Anyways. Sometimes I drink way too much coffee or booze lol and post my crazy thoughts. Hopefully ol eddy Stefanski has this **** figured out
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#37 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:24 am

Canadafan wrote:
Manocad wrote:
F*** it.

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Brown JJ
Beal Rose
RJ Frazier

Andre Thon
Blake Kieff
Snell JJ
Beal LG
Rose Frazier

Ya I hear ya.
Not sure what our cap outlook would look like but maybe we'd have some wiggle room to add a good SF and then use our bird rights to resign Dre and RJ.(something I'm not overly excited about)

Anyways. Sometimes I drink way too much coffee or booze lol and post my crazy thoughts. Hopefully ol eddy Stefanski has this **** figured out

Manocad's belief is to try and be the worst team in the league and end up with a couple more Stanley Johnsons for a few years as that is the most likely outcome as per odds in sucking arse.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#38 » by Manocad » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:16 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
Manocad wrote:Not to do the broken record thing, but I don’t see the point. I don’t see a championship roster there and obviously there’s no money left to build the team further. I get that some people would rather see a maxed out salary cap team that can win 48 games and get to the second round of the playoffs vs a maxed out salary cap team that wins 41 games and barely misses the playoffs or barely makes the playoffs and gets crushed in the first round. It would be one thing to add Beal, win 48 games, and lose in the 2nd round knowing that you had either salary cap space or trade assets to then make another step up the next year to a 53-55 win team that looks like a lock for a conference finals. I don’t see that as being an available scenario here, so give me the 41 wins, conservation of salary cap room/assets and higher draft pick option.

Ya I hear ya.

Manocad's belief is to try and be the worst team in the league and end up with a couple more Stanley Johnsons for a few years as that is the most likely outcome as per odds in sucking arse.

:lol:
Yeah, that’s exactly my belief as much as maxing out the salary cap and trading away draft picks every year is yours. You funny.

The mistake you’re making here is that this is not my ideology for every team no matter what. This is what I believe is the best route for THIS TEAM to take AT THIS POINT IN TIME. I’m not a “do anything to squeak into the playoffs every year no matter what” fan. I like championships.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#39 » by NYG » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:13 am

I posted a deal where the Kings get Beal on the trade board for Ferrell, Bogdanovic, Bjelica and Hield

1. If Washington wanted more assets would the Pistons be open to adding an outgoing first to a Snell and Galloway for Bjelica and Bogdanovic swap as the third team?

2. If so, what protections?
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#40 » by DetroitPistons » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:41 am

NYG wrote:I posted a deal where the Kings get Beal on the trade board for Ferrell, Bogdanovic, Bjelica and Hield

1. If Washington wanted more assets would the Pistons be open to adding an outgoing first to a Snell and Galloway for Bjelica and Bogdanovic swap as the third team?

2. If so, what protections?

That's not terrible. We need a SF and both of those guys are above average role players.

Jackson/Rose/Frazier
Brown/Kennard/Thomas
Bogdanovic/Doumbouya/Mykhailiuk
Griffin/Bjelica/Maker
Drummond/Morris/Wood

I like that depth

Return to Detroit Pistons