Re: Pistons Sign Markieff Morris 

Post#81 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:35 am

Edit: removed response to flow cause he deleted his post
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#82 » by pistonsbball » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:49 am

Based on Keef's twitter you'd say we're getting Mook as well.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#83 » by thesack12 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:52 am

pistonsbball wrote:Based on Keef's twitter you'd say we're getting Mook as well.

Sign and trade with Boston. Galloway and Svi going to their way
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#84 » by GreekAlex » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:55 am

thesack12 wrote:
pistonsbball wrote:Based on Keef's twitter you'd say we're getting Mook as well.

That would be great.... Marcus was one of my favorite Pistons!
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#85 » by Kilo » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:58 am

[instagram][/instagram]

I think it could also just reference Morris boys finally signing.

The hashtag is confusing as Bad Boys were the Isiah Pistons, but Bad Boy Records would be the Sean Puffy Combs label out of NYC. Motown Records would be the Detroit musical reference.

For the record I wouldn't want them both here. So I hope Mook signs for big money elsewhere.

Mook obviously put in a good enough word for Kieff to sign here, eventhough it was under a different regime BUT he said he didn't really enjoy his time here and kept distance from teammates because he has/had trust issues after how Phoenix traded him. It was mentioned in a large interview about his mental health and seeing a sports psychologist when in Boston.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
thesack12
RealGM

Post#86 » by thesack12 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:01 am

Kilo wrote:

I think it could also just reference Morris boys finally signing.

The hashtag is confusing as Bad Boys were the Isiah Pistons, but Bad Boy Records would be the Sean Puffy Combs label out of NYC. Motown Records would be the Detroit musical reference.

For the record I wouldn't want them both here. So I hope Mook signs for big money elsewhere.

He also retweeted something about the NBA being better when the Morris twins are on the same team. But yeah, likely nothing to see here.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#87 » by Kilo » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:03 am

Mook doesn't fit here with Snell. Once we traded for him, and given he's paid 12 M for two seasons, we can't bring in Mook and pay him near full MLE as well out of the SF position.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#88 » by pistonsbball » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:07 am

Would have to be some sort of sign and trade where Mook gets ~ 10mil per. He's a better player than when we last had him, a better spot up shooter and plays within the offense more. Other thing contract wise is he probably wants and could get more than 2 years. Doubt it happens, but wouldn't be against it if we didn't give up anything.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#89 » by thesack12 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:10 am

Kilo wrote:Mook doesn't fit here with Snell. Once we traded for him, and given he's paid 12 M for two seasons, we can't bring in Mook and pay him near full MLE as well out of the SF position.

I don't disagree in theory, have said as much in the past myself. Still, if they can snag a guy like Morris in a S&T for only something like Galloway + Svi, they have to do it. Marcus Morris on a 7-9mil/season contract is an asset and a huge talent upgrade to Snell.

Having Tony Snell on the team shouldn't preclude any upward moves. Hell, they benched Leuer with 2 seasons left on his deal they can do the same with Snell.
Exit 9
Junior
And1: 191

Post#90 » by Exit 9 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:12 am

I remember me badly wanting us to get Kief after we had Marcus, now the roles are reversed lol.

Come home Mook!
313MADE
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,777

Post#91 » by Snakebites » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:13 am

Morris won’t be taking a lower paycheck than is brother.
Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#92 » by Pandev » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:24 am

This is a pretty clever move from Stefanski..

Means Morris can spell Blake during the regular season so he doesn't wear down like he did to the end of last season and in the playoffs.

if Morris can be the Wizards version of himself, he's starter material.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#93 » by SamFlow » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:23 am

Pharaoh wrote:
flow wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:Does anyone else really hate this signing? If they plan on playing him as our backup centre taking most if not all Thon’s minutes if fine, but I really don’t want anyone taking Sekou’s backup pf mins. I think he’s needs to be fed minutes out of the gate, and while I’ve seen many saying he can play backup 3 I think his more natural position is power forward with the ability to switch to the 3 when necessary. I couldn’t care less it’s a 2 year deal, it’s taking development minutes away from Sekou.

I'm with you, but that's not how Casey rolls. He comes from the SVG school of 'nail rookies (and 2nd year players) to the bench'. How long was it before he even knew Siakam's name in Toronto?
Casey was praised for developing the kids in Toronto so idk what you're talking about

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

And we had a second round rookie sg start at sf.

If they do the Defense, they should get some time. Euro players can take some time to pick up the defense of the states.
BigDaddyJungle
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#94 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:28 am

Kinda hoping we go:

RJ
Brown
Snell
BG
Dre

With Rose, Luke, Sekou & Kieff off the bench.

Based only on highlights Sekou looks like a spot up shooter, passable defender as a 3 his rookie year.

Those hoping for PS 2.0 likely to be extremely disappointed next year. Potential looks to be there but dude is a 18 year old rook

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#95 » by Snakebites » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:54 am

I’d love to see Galloway out of the rotation in favor of the youth movement. I don’t have high expectations though.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#96 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:00 pm

Marcus Morris has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the San Antonio Spurs with a player option on the second year, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
The Celtics were not able to bring Morris back, and Marcus won't play with his brother in Detroit either.
CubicalLake7
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#97 » by CubicalLake7 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:02 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Kinda hoping we go:

RJ
Brown
Snell
BG
Dre

Based only on highlights Sekou looks like a spot up shooter, passable defender as a 3 his rookie year.

Those hoping for PS 2.0 likely to be extremely disappointed next year. Potential looks to be there but dude is a 18 year old rook

There is something wrong with our coaches if Svi is not playing this season. He is a baller! He should see the floor this season, and alot of it.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#98 » by Snakebites » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:11 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Marcus Morris has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the San Antonio Spurs with a player option on the second year, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
The Celtics were not able to bring Morris back, and Marcus won't play with his brother in Detroit either.

Solid signing for the Spurs.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Post#99 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:13 pm

thesack12 wrote:

For Langston Galloway. Pistons would have a very solid bench then.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#100 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:11 pm

CubicalLake7 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Kinda hoping we go:

RJ
Brown
Snell
BG
Dre

There is something wrong with our coaches if Svi is not playing this season. He is a baller! He should see the floor this season, and alot of it.
Kid is looking good in SL buy time will tell if he's worthy of real NBA minutes.

I'd love it if he could carve out a role though.

Return to Detroit Pistons