Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Re: Trade for Westbrook? 

Post#61 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:00 pm

Blast from not so distant past -

Read on Twitter

"It almost blows my mind to think that anybody else could win MVP this year. That’s not taking anything away from James [Harden] and Kawhi [Leonard] and LeBron [James] because they’ve had excellent seasons too, but Russ’ production is crazy. And the things that set it apart are their record when he’s had triple-doubles, his PER and his PER in the clutch. As a player, those are all the things you look for – a player who’s going to make his team better, a player that wins games for you, and a player who performs when you need him to. I honestly never thought I’d see someone average a triple-double. That’s why Russ’ run has been so mind-blowing. It takes an insane amount of energy to do that. You have to be involved in everything and have such a high motor."

https://hoopshype.com/2017/04/14/blake-griffin-talks-playoffs-blocking-out-free-agency-and-more/
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,347

Post#62 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:03 pm

All those triples doubles and a mvp yet Westbrook has won 0 playoff series without playing with KD.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#63 » by Snakebites » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:17 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
pistonpat wrote:Please no Westbrook. Russell is on the downside of his career, going to make $40M and there is a reason no star wants to play with him. 42% from the floor and 29% from three and he is going to be 31 this year.. No thank you...

I can believe there are folks here who want to pay a 34 year old guard who relies on his athleticism 43 million in 2023...

I want to believe you wanted to type "can't" here :)

The John Wall thread. The Andrew Wiggins thread. The Carmelo Anthony thread.

The desire to completely wreck your franchise's prospects for years to come in exchange for immediate gain that falls short of anything worthwhile is strong here.

Food for thought: Can you imagine the scenario where Golden State didn't have 2 of its superstars break themselves and they won again in the finals? Very, very plausible. And Toronto would have *nothing* due to Kawhi bolting. Just like all the sane people predicted.
Watch Toronto this year and imagine that being what happened....

I meant to type can’t.

But looking back at the rest of the thread maybe I can believe it.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#64 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:20 pm

Ain't my money. And if Gores is intent on keeping Griffin here, our next three seasons are "spoken for" already as well. Why keep waiting for a time that will never come. In three years, we'll have all the cap space - that's our time. Then it isn't when nobody signs here. Or if Gores maxes out Dre after he opts out after this season. Than we're five more years before Drummond is finally gone and THEN we can rebuild finally the right way...

I mean pro-tankers should want Westbrook if he's as bad a teammate as some claim. He ruins the team and they are absolute dumpster fire of chaos. Dre leaves because he doesn't want to fight Russell for rebounds. Then Griffin opts out his final year because Russell is too hard to play with. Is that really the worst case scenario? Not re-signing Dre and Blake opting out a year early to bolt?
Weaver = Hinkie
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#65 » by Neptune » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:27 pm

Westbrook relentless playing style is exactly what I've been waiting to see in our team again. I believe we can make something happen with Casey's coaching! Trade 2 or 3 first rounders+Kennard+Sakeo+Jackson+expirings for our triple double machine!
Westbrook/Rose
???
Snell
Blake/Morris
Drummond
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#66 » by DBC10 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:28 pm

Kilo wrote:Ain't my money. And if Gores is intent on keeping Griffin here, our next three seasons are "spoken for" already as well. Why keep waiting for a time that will never come. In three years, we'll have all the cap space - that's our time. Then it isn't when nobody signs here. Or if Gores maxes out Dre after he opts out after this season. Than we're five more years before Drummond is finally gone and THEN we can rebuild finally the right way...

I mean pro-tankers should want Westbrook if he's as bad a teammate as some claim. He ruins the team and they are absolute dumpster fire of chaos. Dre leaves because he doesn't want to fight Russell for rebounds. Then Griffin opts out his final year because Russell is too hard to play with. Is that really the worst case scenario? Not re-signing Dre and Blake opting out a year early to bolt?

Above all, I just want hope and watchable basketball. Hope arising from young talents developing their game and turning into what we perceive they will be. Watch-ability, as in not seeing Dre mope for 20 minutes and play hard the rest of the 10 minutes meanwhile Blake goes down with another knee injury bug that he always seem to get each season. It's been a pretty disastrous decade of Pistons basketball at least in the latter.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#67 » by coordinator0 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:34 pm

I bet Tom Gores would think it's a good idea. That's all that matters. If it's a possibility I'm 100% certain the Pistons will explore/push the possibility.

Me? Eh... nah. Snakebites has covered it well thus far.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#68 » by LaSheed » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:37 pm

Go. Get. Westbrook.

Gores wants to sell seats that will be the move to make.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#69 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:45 pm

What teams would have interest if OKC looks to trade him - and with Shai and picks in return, unless they look to flip those to buy, I can't see Westbrook being happy.

So either we should dangle Griffin for those - or trade for Westbrook.

Atlanta - Nope. Trae and young team.
Boston - not with Kemba.
Brooklyn - of course not.
Charlotte - Wouldn't pay Kemba what WB is owed
Chicago - Maybe
Cleveland - Gilbert could do anything I guess. Westbrook/Love could appeal to him
Dallas - Nah, Doncic is the ball handler there.
Denver - Nope.
GS - Nope
Houston - For Paul??
Indiana - Not likely given their off-season
Clippers - No
Lakers - Nothing to trade
Memphis - rebuild
Miami - I bet they try. Don't have the picks. Dragic good mentor for Shai. Bam & Justice enough assets? Russell and Jimmy co-exist?
Milwaukee - nope
Minnesota - potentially
New Orleans - Hmmm. Too risky or so crazy it could work?
Knicks - Durant vs Westbrook for NYC market for next 4 years would be a thing.
Orlando - I could see it here as well.
Philly - nope
PHX - wouldn't fit with Booker
Portland - Nope
Sacto - Another I could see.
SA - Not their style
Toronto - nope
Utah - Nope
Washington - Nope (unless Wall)?
Weaver = Hinkie
Kilo
RealGM

Post#70 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:46 pm

^So Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, Minnesota, New Orleans, Knicks, Orlando, Sacramento
Weaver = Hinkie
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#71 » by Snakebites » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:57 pm

Kilo wrote:^So Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, Minnesota, New Orleans, Knicks, Orlando, Sacramento

Does NY have enough tradable salary? That’s the most compelling one if they do.

Miami would be interesting but as you say their asset cupboard is a little barren. NOH has set themselves up really well. I don’t see them taking a big risk like this when they’re already in a great spot. Not sure Westbrook is good for Zion’s development.

I don’t see Chicago going for it. Cleveland, Orlando, and Sacto are always wild cards because they are run so weirdly. Minnesota is interesting I suppose, but they’d want OKC to take Wiggins.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#72 » by DCintheD » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:03 pm

Kilo wrote:What teams would have interest if OKC looks to trade him - and with Shai and picks in return, unless they look to flip those to buy, I can't see Westbrook being happy.

So either we should dangle Griffin for those - or trade for Westbrook.

Atlanta - Nope. Trae and young team.
Boston - not with Kemba.
Brooklyn - of course not.
Charlotte - Wouldn't pay Kemba what WB is owed
Chicago - Maybe
Cleveland - Gilbert could do anything I guess. Westbrook/Love could appeal to him
Dallas - Nah, Doncic is the ball handler there.
Denver - Nope.
GS - Nope
Houston - For Paul??
Indiana - Not likely given their off-season
Clippers - No
Lakers - Nothing to trade
Memphis - rebuild
Miami - I bet they try. Don't have the picks. Dragic good mentor for Shai. Bam & Justice enough assets? Russell and Jimmy co-exist?
Milwaukee - nope
Minnesota - potentially
New Orleans - Hmmm. Too risky or so crazy it could work?
Knicks - Durant vs Westbrook for NYC market for next 4 years would be a thing.
Orlando - I could see it here as well.
Philly - nope
PHX - wouldn't fit with Booker
Portland - Nope
Sacto - Another I could see.
SA - Not their style
Toronto - nope
Utah - Nope
Washington - Nope (unless Wall)?

Knicks make the most sense but with all the money they spent this past week they probably don’t have many moveable contracts at the moment.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#73 » by Snakebites » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:05 pm

Kilo wrote:
jakebernat wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Yeah, but why not CT. It's Saturday morning in July.

Woj reported Presti wanted Siakam in any TO deal for Paul. Who is Doumbouya most compared to as his ceiling potential - Pascal Siakam.

Dun...dun...DUN!!!!!

(He was a Tellem client though)

not only is this a stretch, but i don’t even think it’s possible at this time since sekou just signed his rookie contract, meaning he can’t get traded until mid-season.

Even better. We're protected from ourselves.

Nope. 30 days for signed draftees. :(
Kilo
RealGM

Post#74 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:08 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Kilo wrote:^So Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, Minnesota, New Orleans, Knicks, Orlando, Sacramento

Does NY have enough tradable salary? That’s the most compelling one if they do.

Miami would be interesting but as you say their asset cupboard is a little barren. NOH has set themselves up really well. I don’t see them taking a big risk like this when they’re already in a great spot. Not sure Westbrook is good for Zion’s development.

I don’t see Chicago going for it. Cleveland, Orlando, and Sacto are always wild cards because they are run so weirdly. Minnesota is interesting I suppose, but they’d want OKC to take Wiggins.

You know what is telling when I made the list - all the bad ownerships (outside of Miami) would be the ones interested. Oh well.

NYK deal would have to wait until Dec 15th. But they have the picks - their own and Dallas' so they could do it without gutting themselves. And could part with one of their non Barrett youngsters. Knox and two FRP's and then whatever of the the veteran FA's they signed.

Westbrook
Barrett
???
Randle
???

Could make noise in NYK with a FRP and a max contract signing? Maybe they poach Dre from us next off-season. Westbrook vs Durant for the King of NYC - networks and NBA would love that.

Minnesota could offer Covington and Teague to get close to the money. Rosas wanted DAR there as a FA.

Chicago could move Lavine, Dunn, Felicio and a pick. Orlando has young bigs and no PG still. Fournier, Air Gordon could be dangled. I don't think Sacto has the contracts either right now.

I'd probably guess Orlando. Air Gordon plus picks and ballast for Westbrook.
Weaver = Hinkie
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#75 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:10 pm

Westbrook is a bad player. Its all hyped up nothing.

He couldnt win with KD and Harden! Then he couldn’t win with PG. Hey, maybe it’s because hes not nearly as good as his stats say and he routinely loses games for his own team with terrible shooting and low court iq.

Maybe filler for Westbrook.

Like Galloway, reggie, snell, thon for westbrook. Maybe.

His contract is terrible. He looks bad now. In 3-4 years?
CubicalLake7
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#76 » by CubicalLake7 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:19 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:Westbrook is a bad player. Its all hyped up nothing.

He couldnt win with KD and Harden! Then he couldn’t win with PG. Hey, maybe it’s because hes not nearly as good as his stats say and he routinely loses games for his own team with terrible shooting and low court iq.

Maybe filler for Westbrook.

Like Galloway, reggie, snell, thon for westbrook. Maybe.

His contract is terrible. He looks bad now. In 3-4 years?

Based on your description of Russ why on Earth would Pistons want him even for scraps
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#77 » by sc8581 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:24 pm

With his salary and only a couple teams with possible interest, we could probably get Russ and Adams for Dre, Reggie, Galloway and Svi.

Westbrook-Rose
Kennard-Brown
Snell-Sekou
Blake-Morris
Adams-Thon

I would much rather do a complete rebuild but if we're not going to do it right we might as well go out with a bang.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#78 » by sfballa13 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:38 pm

sc8581 wrote:With his salary and only a couple teams with possible interest, we could probably get Russ and Adams for Dre, Reggie, Galloway and Svi.

Westbrook-Rose
Kennard-Brown
Snell-Sekou
Blake-Morris
Adams-Thon

I would much rather do a complete rebuild but if we're not going to do it right we might as well go out with a bang.

Please God make this trade

Gets Reggie and that bum Drummond outta Detroit along with their crap attitudes

Finally gets us our first real PG since Chauncey

Adams is also pretty solid too

If we can do that trade without giving up Kennard/Sekou then our front office deserves GM of the year title for sure
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#79 » by bstein14 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:08 pm

I don't think Westbrook is the type of player that makes Dre better.
King Bugs
Sixth Man
And1: 307

Post#80 » by King Bugs » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:32 pm

Russell Westbrook does not give us a chance a win. I'm not even sure he can help us get out of round 1.

He's an expensive, declining, low IQ statpadder. I don't understand how anyone would entertain this.

Return to Detroit Pistons