Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Re: Trade for Westbrook? 

Post#81 » by Snakebites » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:48 pm

CubicalLake7 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:Westbrook is a bad player. Its all hyped up nothing.

He couldnt win with KD and Harden! Then he couldn’t win with PG. Hey, maybe it’s because hes not nearly as good as his stats say and he routinely loses games for his own team with terrible shooting and low court iq.

Maybe filler for Westbrook.

Like Galloway, reggie, snell, thon for westbrook. Maybe.

His contract is terrible. He looks bad now. In 3-4 years?

Based on your description of Russ why on Earth would Pistons want him even for scraps

Hey everyone, this guy’s on to something.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#82 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:11 pm

Westbrook wants out so we'll probably be involved in some rumors. Anyone know if he has a no trade clause?
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#83 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:18 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Westbrook wants out so we'll probably be involved in some rumors. Anyone know if he has a no trade clause?

Probably. I think it's 8 years in the league, four years with the same team allows one to be available for your next contract.

Only Cali team that can get him would be Sacto - and they could have interest. Not sure they have salaries to move now though - might need the ballasts come January 15th. But they just signed Joseph, Barnes and Dedmon to long term contracts.

Chicago just drafted Coby White. But rumored to be wanting to flip the switch and win now - could move Lavine in a Westbrook deal. Orlando makes a ton of sense - they have a lot of young bigs and their picks and easy ballasts with Mozgov, Fournier.

Bamba, Fournier, Mozgov and a FRP for Russell Westbrook to Orlando is my prediction.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
JNewton
Veteran
And1: 180

Post#84 » by JNewton » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:32 pm

Eesh, is this thread for real?
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#85 » by Neptune » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm calling it right now. If OKC trades Westbrook, I guarantee he's coming to the Pistons! I'm dead a#s serious about this too!
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#86 » by GreekAlex » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:29 pm

Snakebites wrote:
CubicalLake7 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:Westbrook is a bad player. Its all hyped up nothing.

He couldnt win with KD and Harden! Then he couldn’t win with PG. Hey, maybe it’s because hes not nearly as good as his stats say and he routinely loses games for his own team with terrible shooting and low court iq.

Maybe filler for Westbrook.

Like Galloway, reggie, snell, thon for westbrook. Maybe.

His contract is terrible. He looks bad now. In 3-4 years?

Based on your description of Russ why on Earth would Pistons want him even for scraps

I don’t want him as a Piston under any circumstances and I just hope Tom Gores doesn’t think “bringing in a former MVP/ superstar” is the best option for ticket sales/ team interest.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#87 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:54 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
CubicalLake7 wrote:

I don’t want him as a Piston under any circumstances and I just hope Tom Gores doesn’t think “bringing in a former MVP/ superstar” is the best option for ticket sales/ team interest.

Honestly, I think Gores has to be to really serious with Casey and Ed. The team needs to go all in or all out. With Casey coaching and the solid rotational offseason signings, it makes sense to make a run at Westbrook if it doesn’t cost too many picks. Do a trade after 30 days so we keep Kennard. If we have a line-up of Westbrook (as long as he buys in) Griffin, Drummond, Snell, Kennard, Rose, Morris, scrub vet mins who can give 5-10 mins, we can compete for the ECF. Obviously, Jackson, Galloway, and Maker need to be included to make it work financially. I’d say roll the dice. It’s hard to watch this team go no where. I’d like to take a shot over the next three years and worry about the future later down the road. Hell, Toronto is basically done and headed for rebuild.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,060

Post#88 » by Laimbeer » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:05 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
pistonpat wrote:Please no Westbrook. Russell is on the downside of his career, going to make $40M and there is a reason no star wants to play with him. 42% from the floor and 29% from three and he is going to be 31 this year.. No thank you...

I can believe there are folks here who want to pay a 34 year old guard who relies on his athleticism 43 million in 2023...

I want to believe you wanted to type "can't" here :)

The John Wall thread. The Andrew Wiggins thread. The Carmelo Anthony thread.

The desire to completely wreck your franchise's prospects for years to come in exchange for immediate gain that falls short of anything worthwhile is strong here.

Food for thought: Can you imagine the scenario where Golden State didn't have 2 of its superstars break themselves and they won again in the finals? Very, very plausible. And Toronto would have *nothing* due to Kawhi bolting. Just like all the sane people predicted.
Watch Toronto this year and imagine that being what happened....

You can imagine anything, but what happened was Toronto gambled and it paid off.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#89 » by GreekAlex » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:05 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Hey everyone, this guy’s on to something.

Honestly, I think Gores has to be to really serious with Casey and Ed. The team needs to go all in or all out. With Casey coaching and the solid rotational offseason signings, it makes sense to make a run at Westbrook if it doesn’t cost too many picks. Do a trade after 30 days so we keep Kennard. If we have a line-up of Westbrook (as long as he buys in) Griffin, Drummond, Snell, Kennard, Rose, Morris, scrub vet mins who can give 5-10 mins, we can compete for the ECF. Obviously, Jackson, Galloway, and Maker need to be included to make it work financially. I’d say roll the dice. It’s hard to watch this team go no where. I’d like to take a shot over the next three years and worry about the future later down the road. Hell, Toronto is basically done and headed for rebuild.

There’s no denying his talent but I don’t think his style of play fits with winning NBA basketball.

If we’re talking Big 3 or some other type of format, I’d love him on my team.

I simply don’t believe he enhances the players that are currently on the roster.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#90 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:16 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

There’s no denying his talent but I don’t think his style of play fits with winning NBA basketball.[/qoute]

I agree that he’s not Steve Nash at the point. The real issue is he’s a star talent. The Pistons are team looking toward contending and not rebuilding (regardless of whether you agree with ownership). It’s silly to try to add him but if he makes your team better. You really have to make the call to see the cost.
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#91 » by Southern Piston » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:32 pm

I Feel like Westbrook, Drummond, Griffin, Lenard, Rose, hopefully we keep Sekou, but if we can put that together, we could steal the East and get to the finals, Westbrook could have a 1-2yr rejuvenation in the east. We’d finally sell that place out, I think we’re in it, I think Gores would pay that tax, to get the franchise going, and this would work
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#92 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:41 pm

From the general board by jpatrick

Zach Lowe on the Woj podcast: I don’t think the Wolves would trade Wiggins straight up for Russ because Russ’ contract is so bad.

People are way overrating the return the OKC would get in a trade.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#93 » by Canadafan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:01 pm

This would be a real buzzkill for Rose and him agreeing to come here lol
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#94 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:16 pm

Canadafan wrote:This would be a real buzzkill for Rose and him agreeing to come here lol

I could see them both in the backcourt together at times.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#95 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:07 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Canadafan wrote:This would be a real buzzkill for Rose and him agreeing to come here lol

I could see them both in the backcourt together at times.

If Rose thinks that he is the starting PG of the team, he’s crazy. As much as I hate it, Jackson (worse Starting PG in the league) will be in the starting 5. I personally think Jackson would work better in a Lou Williams role. Kinda like how he was good in OKC in that role.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#96 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:10 pm

I cannot stand Russell Westbrook. He comes off as an entitled hypocrite stat padder. That being said, if it’s a pure salary dump, I’m taking Westbrook.
BlawSoprano
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#97 » by BlawSoprano » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:25 pm

The pistons have been irrelevant since we traded away Chauncey billups. We’ve had to go through coaching change after coaching change and players come through our doors that we thought we can build with like Rodney Stuckey, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, Brandon Jennings, JOSH F***ING Smith and 3 different GMs!!!

If you guys are saying you wouldn’t trade anything we can get to grab an MVP player like Russell Westbrook in his damn prime then we are going to stay irrelevant as we have been for the next who knows how many years.

With Russell on the trading block and with the pistons refusing to trade Blake and Drummond to rebuild we should give up anything and everything to get him.

A big 3 of Russ, Blake and Drummond is a team that can win in this wide open eastern conference and possibly make the finals. As currently constructed with the roster we have moving forward that isn’t anything feasibly reasonable for us to obtain.

We should get Russ on any end every cost and make a run to the NBA finals. Russ and Blake on the same team with Drummond is something that has the capability of being special. Definitely the team the pistons would have with the most upside since our old beloved Chauncey billups era.

I would easily offer up Reggie, Galloway, Kennard and Sekou to go along with 3 picks and 2 pick swaps to grab Russel Westbrook. If we do that trade our lineup would look like

Russ / Drose
Brown / Thomas
Smell / Svi
Blake / Morris
Drummond / Maker

We would be very weak at our wing men position but we can be in the market for guys like Iguadala, Melo, JR, Shumpert, McCaw, Korver, Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Avery Bradley, Nik Stauskas, Justin Holiday, and Jamal Crawford.

Yes this seems like a lot but it’s really nothing compared to the impact Russell can bring. And with Toronto doing what they did anything is possible.

Please make this happen!!
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#98 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:34 pm

RJ, Snell & Galloway for Russ works. Throw in a couple of firsts and a couple of pick swaps.

Westbrook - Rose
Luke - Brown - Thomas
Svi - Sekou - Sirvydis
BG - Kieff
Dre - Thon

That could make some noise if the kids can step up.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#99 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:41 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:From the general board by jpatrick

Zach Lowe on the Woj podcast: I don’t think the Wolves would trade Wiggins straight up for Russ because Russ’ contract is so bad.

People are way overrating the return the OKC would get in a trade.

Interesting. Maybe I am overrating his value as well.

Jackson, Galloway, Snell, 2020 FRP for Westbrook

Westbrook/Rose/Frazier
Kennard/Thomas
Doumbouya/Brown/Mykhailiuk
Griffin/Morris
Drummond/Maker

If Kennard and Doumbouya develop that team could be very good.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,705

Post#100 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:45 pm

BlawSoprano wrote:The pistons have been irrelevant since we traded away Chauncey billups. We’ve had to go through coaching change after coaching change and players come through our doors that we thought we can build with like Rodney Stuckey, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, Brandon Jennings, JOSH F***ING Smith and 3 different GMs!!!

If you guys are saying you wouldn’t trade anything we can get to grab an MVP player like Russell Westbrook in his damn prime then we are going to stay irrelevant as we have been for the next who knows how many years.

With Russell on the trading block and with the pistons refusing to trade Blake and Drummond to rebuild we should give up anything and everything to get him.

A big 3 of Russ, Blake and Drummond is a team that can win in this wide open eastern conference and possibly make the finals. As currently constructed with the roster we have moving forward that isn’t anything feasibly reasonable for us to obtain.

We should get Russ on any end every cost and make a run to the NBA finals. Russ and Blake on the same team with Drummond is something that has the capability of being special. Definitely the team the pistons would have with the most upside since our old beloved Chauncey billups era.

I would easily offer up Reggie, Galloway, Kennard and Sekou to go along with 3 picks and 2 pick swaps to grab Russel Westbrook. If we do that trade our lineup would look like

Russ / Drose
Brown / Thomas
Smell / Svi
Blake / Morris
Drummond / Maker

We would be very weak at our wing men position but we can be in the market for guys like Iguadala, Melo, JR, Shumpert, McCaw, Korver, Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Avery Bradley, Nik Stauskas, Justin Holiday, and Jamal Crawford.

Yes this seems like a lot but it’s really nothing compared to the impact Russell can bring. And with Toronto doing what they did anything is possible.

Please make this happen!!
Agreed. If Gores wants to keep trying with the two bigs, you have to swing for the fences, and this trio would be sick.

The Pistons absolutely can get him, hope they go for it. Its gonna cost em some FRP's but I dont care.

DO IT. Go big, or go home.

Return to Detroit Pistons