Page 42 of 47

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 am
by Detstones89
If I’m OKC I wouldn’t have wanted a declining Paul contract he looked awful last year.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am
by coordinator0
Snakebites wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Alrighty, there we go. Let folks swoop in to bewail this.

For me, I'm relieved. We could have beaten that package easily and we didn't. That gives me hope.


:nod:

Phew.

If I'm OKC I'm really bummed by this. That's essentially a cap neutral deal until 2022, and they just got 2 picks and 2 picks swaps that are unlikely to be used.

This does speak to how low the value on Westbrook was though. Nobody was willing to take on that salary really AND give up assets.


I think the Thunder move Paul now, and they should be able to get a better package for him than they could have for Westbrook. Adding assets on top of assets. This might be the best outcome for them in the end.

Looks like the Paul stuff has already started in this thread. :D

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am
by Kilo
Paul and Westbrook make exact same money over same years - Paul is 34yrs old - four years older and signed for four more years...

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am
by theBigLip
OKC is screwed. CP3 is going to be hating life and making everyone else's miserable.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am
by Snakebites
Detstones89 wrote:If I’m OKC I wouldn’t have wanted a declining Paul contract he looked awful last year.

Contract is one year shorter.

Basically they get one year of cap relief that doesn't come until 2022, picks that come later than that, and swaps that come never because they're not going to have a better record than Houston. Yikes. Even I overestimated Westbrook's value.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am
by coordinator0
Kilo wrote:Paul and Westbrook make exact same money over same years - Paul is 34yrs old - four years older and signed for four more years...


No, Paul's deal is one year shorter. Same money over the years that they overlap though.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 am
by theBigLip
Relief that we didn't make a bad deal, but Westbrook would have been our best PG in a loooong time.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 am
by mattao313
lol We could have got him smh. I guess I gotta take a break from the Pistons. Battling for the 8th seed again.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 am
by pistonsbball
Would've taken multiple picks. No thanks.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 am
by Kilo
coordinator0 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
:nod:

Phew.

If I'm OKC I'm really bummed by this. That's essentially a cap neutral deal until 2022, and they just got 2 picks and 2 picks swaps that are unlikely to be used.

This does speak to how low the value on Westbrook was though. Nobody was willing to take on that salary really AND give up assets.


I think the Thunder move Paul now, and they should be able to get a better package for him than they could have for Westbrook. Adding assets on top of assets. This might be the best outcome for them in the end.

Looks like the Paul stuff has already started in this thread. :D



Why would they get a better package for him? Houston included two FRP's for Westbrook because Russell is better, younger and contract is equal.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 am
by Kilo
Trade machine says both signed for four more years? Is Paul's last year a TO?

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 am
by MotownMadness
NBA is wild

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 am
by Detstones89
I’m also surprised the OKC keeps trading its best players in conference.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 am
by MotownMadness
theBigLip wrote:OKC is screwed. CP3 is going to be hating life and making everyone else's miserable.

Yeah hes gotta be pretty pissed but at the same time he should be thanking Morey for maxing him like that at 34 years old

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 am
by coordinator0
Kilo wrote:Trade machine says both signed for four more years? Is Paul's last year a TO?


Two years then a PO for Paul, three years then a PO for Westbrook.

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 am
by Neptune
We have the worst organization ever man!

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 am
by mattao313
Neptune wrote:We have the worst organization ever man!

Battle for the 8th seed woohoo

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 am
by Detstones89
Time to trade Griffen to OKC for all those picks, send him home since we can’t build anything around him!!!!

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:45 am
by MotownMadness
We really need to trade Blake or find a way to get another star cause this is just gonna go nowhere and if he publicly wants out we are gonna get nothing back for him

Re: Trade for Westbrook?

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 am
by flow
I feel for Rockets fans. That there is someone on earth who actually believes Harden & Westbrook can share a court together is mystifying to me. It will be both entertaining and comical to watch. But that's it.

They just acquired the only contract more burdensome than CP3's, and they gave away two first rounders on top of it.