ImageImageImage

Trade for Chris Paul?

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

JohnReese
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 186
Joined: Feb 15, 2016
   

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#101 » by JohnReese » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:48 pm

I was in favor of getting Westbrook only if Drummond was involved but for Chris Paul it is very difficult to build a case. He is 34 with a monster contract. In addition, I think it makes a lot of sense for the Thunder to keep him. He can mentor Shai and help to increase the value of the rest of the team. Therefore, they are not going to add picks to get rid of him.

Paul-Shai-Roberson-Gallo-Adams is a team that will fight for the PO.
buzzkilloton
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,323
And1: 490
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#102 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:00 am

JNewton wrote:People really want to trade for Chris Paul? Westbrook I could understand, even if I didn't agree with it, but Paul? I know it's been a long time since the Pistons had any semblance of relevancy, but yeesh.


Some people just want any name. In recent years its been Wall/Conley/Westbrook/now CP3. Basically any big name. You'll have some guys who want to just wait out Blake or trade him so we can finally rebuild then you got the "Blake window must get star guys". Mixed in will be a few guys who might of liked 3 of those 4 guards or whatever.

For me the only players I want to trade for are players that we can have through a rebuild or completely rebuild around. The only two guys I've seen brought up are Beal and DLO that fit that bill. Those guys will cost way more since their actually good long term pickups though. I've got no interest in these about to be washed up players that another team doesnt want.
Rebuild plz
User avatar
Kilo
RealGM
Posts: 10,293
And1: 4,059
Joined: Jun 18, 2011
 

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#103 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 am

User avatar
DetroitPistons
RealGM
Posts: 15,348
And1: 2,843
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
Location: Michigan

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#104 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:35 am

One way I would take Paul is if we get something else in return. I was playing around in the trade machine and came up with this 3 team deal.

DET trade Jackson, Snell, Galloway, Maker, Mykhailiuk, and Brown for Paul and Covington

Why? We take on Paul's terrible contract but also get Covington's good contract and essential upgrade significantly at 2 starting positions.

OKC trades Paul and Gallinari for Jackson, Dieng, Snell, Mykhailiuk, and Brown

Why? OKC dumps Paul's contract at the price of Gallinari and get some short 2 year deals that are easier to move and also some okay young prospects.

MIN trades Covington and Dieng for Gallinari, Galloway, and Maker

Why? MIN upgrades from Covington to Gallinari while also getting back 3 expiring contracts and dumping Dieng's dead weight.

We end up with:

Paul/Rose/Frazier
Kennard/Thomas
Covington/Doumbouya
Griffin/Morris
Drummond
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
User avatar
trending
Sophomore
Posts: 179
And1: 104
Joined: Apr 20, 2019
Location: midland, ontario
   

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#105 » by trending » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 am

kyle lowry would be perfect fit.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
Detroit Pistons 2020 east conference champions.
edmunder_prc
Sophomore
Posts: 205
And1: 122
Joined: Dec 06, 2015
   

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#106 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:44 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
We end up with:

Paul/Rose/Frazier
Kennard/Thomas
Covington/Doumbouya
Griffin/Morris
Drummond


That’s actually not a bad roster when Paul and Griffin are healthy.

It could possibly get a 1st seed in the East if the two stars were load managed correctly.

Losing Brown and Svi hurts. No depth at the SG at all. Kyhri might not be ready for any real minutes. With Brown/Svi/Khyri its a 3 decent bets, one should come through.

Tweet Gores.
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 17,651
And1: 391
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#107 » by chrbal » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:11 am

Chris Paul makes no sense for us. Too old and too much money
User avatar
GreekAlex
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
       

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#108 » by GreekAlex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:24 am

chrbal wrote:Chris Paul makes no sense for us. Too old and too much money


Say it louder!
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 12,397
And1: 3,006
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#109 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:26 am

I don't understand what we're doing as a organisation.

Are we going to trade Dre? Are we going to trade Blake? Are we going to trade RJ & Galloway?

If the plan is to wait it out and not add payroll then we're gonna "bottom out" without any additional draft assets or young players.

Is the plan then going to be absorbing short bad deals for extra picks? If so we're another season, maybe 2 before we even start that! Then we'll have 3 maybe 4 years building through the draft and small signings before we once again get to a crossroads kinda situation!

That's a 5 or 6 year situation! Can this team really go on being irrelevant for another 5 or 6 years?

In those years we'd be hoping to find a guy like Blake, locked in to the rookie scale.

I was against giving up any young guys for Westbrook. One first rounder was my limit. But FMD it seems we're just gonna go in circles forever here.

Dre - Blake - Westbrook at least could habe been worth watching for 2 years. You never know who we could have added next year with the MLE or which of our young guys would have popped this year.

Now? It's the same old watet swirling around the toilet bowl hoping that if all goes well we can scrap into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed.

Westbrook was not a "all in" option - he was an attempt at making us better right here, right now.

Sad to see the organization still can't decide if it should **** or get off the pot! Instead we're gonna sit there and read the same old paper for another 5 years

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Alexander
Senior
Posts: 667
And1: 331
Joined: Nov 12, 2012
 

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#110 » by Alexander » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:28 am

Just want it to be known that Chris Paul is absolutely bitch made, and I can't stand that flopping, scowling, little brat.
I understand he's a *great* player, but I'd check out mentally if I had to root for him. God forbid his attitude rubbed off on our younger impressionable players.
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 12,397
And1: 3,006
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#111 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:46 am

Alexander wrote:Just want it to be known that Chris Paul is absolutely bitch made, and I can't stand that flopping, scowling, little brat.
I understand he's a *great* player, but I'd check out mentally if I had to root for him. God forbid his attitude rubbed off on our younger impressionable players.
He WAS a great player.

From what I saw in the Houston playoffs he's aged badly the last 12 months

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
DCintheD
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,801
And1: 540
Joined: May 30, 2010
   

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#112 » by DCintheD » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:31 am

This has tom Gores written all over it. I’m sure he’d be willing to give up a draft pick to get him.

The only time to have traded for him would’ve been before the okc trade with 2 FRPs attached. With okc looking to gain assets that won’t happen.
The phony culture (Reggie/Drummond era) needs to come to an end.

The Tom Gores pistons are not real Pistons.
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 12,277
And1: 2,130
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#113 » by cedric76 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:27 am

Reggie+Tony +Langston for Paul + 2 1st

That s the only deal i can see

OKc needs to attach at least 2 picks



And tbh i think i still wouldn't do the trade if i was detroit
????,DJ
Evan,Simms,Iwundu
AG,Ross,frazier,jackson
isaac,AG,Birch
Mo,Biz,birch
Roronoa_Zoro
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 11, 2019

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#114 » by Roronoa_Zoro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:36 pm

I'll be straight forward. Get Reggie Jackson TF outta Detroit for Chris Paul. Remember that starting shooting guard people were reluctant to let go off for the longest. Kentavious Caldwell Pope. Well, he's not a starter anymore. Nor will he be for the foreseeable future .

I'd be willing to bet that once Reggie Jackson leaves Detroit he will never start for ANY NBA team. We just watched a healthy 100% Reggie Jackson get abused and manhandled by...Eric Blessed. This notion of "Chris Paul is done" is laughable. 15.6ppg 8.2ast 4.6 reb with James Harden taking full control of their offense. This is what's considered a bad year for Chris Paul.

This season was probably Reggie Jackson's healthiest season. 15.4ppg 4.2ast 2.6rebs. Cmon fam, this ain't good. If we played the Orlando magic back to back, can we say confidently that Reggie Jackson would win the point guard matchup both games Vs the likes of DJ Augustine?

Everyone needs to get behind bringing Paul to Det. I'm not saying trade doumbouya for him or anything, but he's worth a pick or 2 if that's what it takes.

Cp3 would and probably is the only guy who can maximize Andre drummond offensively. Go on YouTube and look how cp3 cooked Detroit.
User avatar
Kilo
RealGM
Posts: 10,293
And1: 4,059
Joined: Jun 18, 2011
 

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#115 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Roronoa_Zoro wrote:I'll be straight forward. Get Reggie Jackson TF outta Detroit for Chris Paul. Remember that starting shooting guard people were reluctant to let go off for the longest. Kentavious Caldwell Pope. Well, he's not a starter anymore. Nor will he be for the foreseeable future .

I'd be willing to bet that once Reggie Jackson leaves Detroit he will never start for ANY NBA team. We just watched a healthy 100% Reggie Jackson get abused and manhandled by...Eric Blessed. This notion of "Chris Paul is done" is laughable. 15.6ppg 8.2ast 4.6 reb with James Harden taking full control of their offense. This is what's considered a bad year for Chris Paul.

This season was probably Reggie Jackson's healthiest season. 15.4ppg 4.2ast 2.6rebs. Cmon fam, this ain't good. If we played the Orlando magic back to back, can we say confidently that Reggie Jackson would win the point guard matchup both games Vs the likes of DJ Augustine?

Everyone needs to get behind bringing Paul to Det. I'm not saying trade doumbouya for him or anything, but he's worth a pick or 2 if that's what it takes.

Cp3 would and probably is the only guy who can maximize Andre drummond offensively. Go on YouTube and look how cp3 cooked Detroit.


Nobody is balking at trading Reggie Jackson outta town, it's Paul's contract. Well that and his past poor relationship with Blake Griffin.

Also we can't make a move until we can include Snell in a package, which is 60 days from when he was officially traded here.
DBC10
General Manager
Posts: 7,935
And1: 2,119
Joined: Jun 01, 2013
 

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#116 » by DBC10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:06 pm

I'd rather go for Kyle Lowry and his expiring to be honest. Everyone's been echoing the same sentiments of CP3 so I won't rehash it.
User avatar
GreekAlex
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 352
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
       

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#117 » by GreekAlex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:43 pm

DBC10 wrote:I'd rather go for Kyle Lowry and his expiring to be honest. Everyone's been echoing the same sentiments of CP3 so I won't rehash it.


What’s the goal if the Pistons acquired Kyle Lowry?

What kind of contact would you offer him after this season?

He’s going to be 34 next season. Even if he played well with Blake, I definitely wouldn’t be interested in resigning him for more than a 1 or 2 year deal and that’s only at a reasonable price.

He doesn’t seem like he should be logging heavy minutes based on the playoffs. He seemed a lot more effective on shorter minutes and with the team having a 1B PG like VanVleet.
Roronoa_Zoro
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 11, 2019

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#118 » by Roronoa_Zoro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:45 pm

I like Lowry as much as you do but raptors made it clear their not blowing the squad up(at least till the deadline) so I'm not even entertaining the thought of getting Lowry.

Chris Paul there for the taking now. Him and Blake got some patching up to do but I don't think they hate each other to the point it a irreparable relationship(or maybe it is).

Point being until I hear otherwise, we need to get cp3. Take his contract too. If the pistons had 34-42million(whatever the amount of cp3 contract is) to their disposal, be realistic and ask yourselves "what kind of player/s would Detroit be able to acquire based on past history and trends of the League"? Answer is players the level of Tony Snell and markieff Morris. Not exactly moving the needle.

why take cp3 contract when his contract is worth 3-5 players who at best are as good as Reggie Bullock and at worst as bad as Eric moreland -_- all I'm tryna say is the whole fanbase should be pushing and supporting the idea of getting cp3.
DBC10
General Manager
Posts: 7,935
And1: 2,119
Joined: Jun 01, 2013
 

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#119 » by DBC10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
DBC10 wrote:I'd rather go for Kyle Lowry and his expiring to be honest. Everyone's been echoing the same sentiments of CP3 so I won't rehash it.


What’s the goal if the Pistons acquired Kyle Lowry?

What kind of contact would you offer him after this season?

He’s going to be 34 next season. Even if he played well with Blake, I definitely wouldn’t be interested in resigning him for more than a 1 or 2 year deal and that’s only at a reasonable price.

He doesn’t seem like he should be logging heavy minutes based on the playoffs. He seemed a lot more effective on shorter minutes and with the team having a 1B PG like VanVleet.


Well, IF we had to upgrade for a PG, I'd rather have gone for Lowry instead of CP3.

More I think about it, the more I realize RJ isn't a starting PG that elevates teammates much. We need guys that are effective besides being able to just score.
User avatar
DetroitDon15
Head Coach
Posts: 7,405
And1: 109
Joined: Jul 23, 2002
Location: How in the world do I still have a job?

Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#120 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:02 pm

cedric76 wrote:Reggie+Tony +Langston for Paul + 2 1st

That s the only deal i can see

OKc needs to attach at least 2 picks



And tbh i think i still wouldn't do the trade if i was detroit


I agree with you on this topic but I don’t want Paul. I’d rather move Griffin.
When a good hip player meets lotto team, your Pistons give us this gem:

Image

DetroitDon15 is a Piston Fan!

Return to Detroit Pistons