ImageImageImage

2019-20 schedule

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

kpt
Sophomore
Posts: 189
And1: 52
Joined: Nov 06, 2018
       

2019-20 schedule 

Post#1 » by kpt » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Thoughts on the schedule? Quick glance January starts rough on west coast and 6 of last 8 away to end the year. Ouch.
User avatar
King Bugs
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,498
And1: 208
Joined: Oct 18, 2006
   

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#2 » by King Bugs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:37 pm

- First game on the road, but then 3 straight home games. At initial glance the first 7 games do not look daunting. Anything less than 5 wins should be seen as a disappointment.

@IND, ATL, PHI, IND, @TOR, @CHI, BKN

Speaking of Indy we get all 4 games against them out of the way early, we see them for the last time December 6th... that's kinda weird.

- The 3 nationally televised games (excluding NBATV) are all road affairs for obvious reasons. We get our annual Sixers matchup and a random Nuggets game for some reason.

@ Brooklyn Jan 29th on ESPN
@ Denver Feb 25th on TNT
@ Philly Mar 11th on ESPN

- Our schedule is pretty soft until late December where it picks up, then we head West for a tough January with a ton of road games. February is mixed/mostly soft, but boy that stretch from March 7th to April 3rd is going to make us earn that playoff spot. Whole bunch of potential playoff teams, contenders and squads in the East we'll likely be fighting with for playoff spots/seeding.

UTA, @NYK, @PHI, @TOR, ORL, GS, LAL, @MIL, POR, LAC, HOU, @BKN, MIA.
potatoaim
Junior
Posts: 436
And1: 281
Joined: Dec 12, 2016
     

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#3 » by potatoaim » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:38 pm

kpt wrote:Thoughts on the schedule? Quick glance January starts rough on west coast and 6 of last 8 away to end the year. Ouch.


Seems pretty balanced. Every year we seem to have a 10+ game stretch that is murder. Doesnt seem as bad this year, mid to late march looks tough, though. Not sure if it matters, but it also looks like Indy wont have Oladipo in any of the 4 games we play them.
User avatar
King Bugs
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,498
And1: 208
Joined: Oct 18, 2006
   

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#4 » by King Bugs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 pm

potatoaim wrote:Seems pretty balanced. Every year we seem to have a 10+ game stretch that is murder. Doesnt seem as bad this year, mid to late march looks tough, though. Not sure if it matters, but it also looks like Indy wont have Oladipo in any of the 4 games we play them.


That definitely matters, I didn't realize how far off Victor was on his rehab. The Pistons schedule to start the season is even lighter than I initially thought it was. I had to edit my initial post when I saw Oladipo's target date.
Spider156
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,783
And1: 1,027
Joined: Jul 25, 2010
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#5 » by Spider156 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 am

I hope we play the Warriors early in the season so we don't have to deal with Klay. Same with Pacers and Oladipo.
Defense wins championships
Canadafan
Starter
Posts: 2,206
And1: 611
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#6 » by Canadafan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:02 pm

All us diehards need to band together and go to the Craptors game in Detroit. Sick of seeing all their fans overrun the place. :nonono:
I think we should all just sacrifice a little to go to at least this one game? :D

Friday January 31st :nod:
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 62,016
And1: 7,672
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#7 » by Manocad » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Canadafan wrote:All us diehards need to band together and go to Craptors game. Sick of seeing all their fans overrun the place. :nonono:
Cant we all just promise and sacrifice a little to go to at least one game and make it this one? :D

Friday January 31st :nod:

I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed into Canada. And I hate Toronto fans.

Hell, I’ll even include people in Toronto in general. I can’t tolerate people who take every opportunity to tell you about how Toronto is the most awesome city in the world. Which, it is not. Not even close.
Image
Canadafan
Starter
Posts: 2,206
And1: 611
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#8 » by Canadafan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Manocad wrote:
Canadafan wrote:All us diehards need to band together and go to Craptors game. Sick of seeing all their fans overrun the place. :nonono:
Cant we all just promise and sacrifice a little to go to at least one game and make it this one? :D

Friday January 31st :nod:

I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed into Canada. And I hate Toronto fans.

Hell, I’ll even include people in Toronto in general. I can’t tolerate people who take every opportunity to tell you about how Toronto is the most awesome city in the world. Which, it is not. Not even close.


No I meant go to the game in Detroit. Sick of all the Raptors fans at LCA
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 62,016
And1: 7,672
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#9 » by Manocad » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Canadafan wrote:All us diehards need to band together and go to Craptors game. Sick of seeing all their fans overrun the place. :nonono:
Cant we all just promise and sacrifice a little to go to at least one game and make it this one? :D

Friday January 31st :nod:

I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed into Canada. And I hate Toronto fans.

Hell, I’ll even include people in Toronto in general. I can’t tolerate people who take every opportunity to tell you about how Toronto is the most awesome city in the world. Which, it is not. Not even close.


No I meant go to the game in Detroit. Sick of all the Raptors fans at LCA

Ah, right. For some reason when I read that it translated in my brain as going to Toronto to invade their arena like they invade ours.

Yeah, I’m definitely up for that.
Image
kpt
Sophomore
Posts: 189
And1: 52
Joined: Nov 06, 2018
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#10 » by kpt » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm

14 Back to backs is on the heavy side. The league average is 12.4
Canadafan
Starter
Posts: 2,206
And1: 611
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
       

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#11 » by Canadafan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1883331

Sad. According to this we're the 10thseed
User avatar
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 9,073
And1: 6,771
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: 2019-20 schedule 

Post#12 » by ducler » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Canadafan wrote:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1883331

Sad. According to this we're the 10thseed
And top 7 pick

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app
Image

Return to Detroit Pistons