ImageImageImage

Deividas Sirvydis - FIBA WC?

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

flow
Sixth Man
And1: 944

Deividas Sirvydis - FIBA WC? 

Post#1 » by flow » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am

I was just watching highlights of the Lithuania v. Korea friendly, when I remembered that our 2nd round pick, Sirvydis, is from Lithuania. He doesn't appear to be on their team. He's not listed on their roster.

Why is this? Is he hurt? Did the Pistons hold him from playing? Or is he just not good enough to make Lithuania's team?

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd presume that every international player selected in the NBA Draft should be good enough to play for his country's national team. And we made trades around drafting this kid.
Billl
Starter
And1: 869

Re: Deividas Sirvydis - FIBA WC? 

Post#2 » by Billl » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

He was drafted on potential, not production. Most european squads favor established vets that will produce immediately. They aren't looking to develop a 19 yr old prospect during a tournament.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 2,922

Post#3 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:49 am

I'm honestly tired of seeing this guy's name. I hated what we did in the second round to draft this guy because of nepotism. I have no confidence that he will ever contribute to the Detroit Pistons. Hopefully I'm wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
flow
Sixth Man
And1: 944

Post#4 » by flow » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:28 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:I'm honestly tired of seeing this guy's name. I hated what we did in the second round to draft this guy because of nepotism. I have no confidence that he will ever contribute to the Detroit Pistons. Hopefully I'm wrong.

What's the nepotism? Wasn't aware.
GreekAlex
Rookie
And1: 369

Post#5 » by GreekAlex » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 pm

flow wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:I'm honestly tired of seeing this guy's name. I hated what we did in the second round to draft this guy because of nepotism. I have no confidence that he will ever contribute to the Detroit Pistons. Hopefully I'm wrong.

What's the nepotism? Wasn't aware.

His agent is Arn Tellums kid.

The kid doesn’t even look athletic enough to play D1 college hoops. He can definitely shoot but until the NBA installs a competitive H-O-R-S-E competition, I’m not sure where the Pistons can use him.

Return to Detroit Pistons