Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Re: Game 10: Detroit Pistons 4-5 @ Indiana Pacers 4-4 Fri. 7PM 

Post#61 » by jakebernat » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:04 pm

guldakot wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
tmorgan wrote:There have been a number of positives from this 4-6 start without Blake, really. But it also shows that, even with Kennard and Drummond stepping up, there isn't enough talent on this roster with Blake and Rose hurt. Not enough to contend with them healthy, either, but it'd be a decent team with them around.
What it shows is that this team, full health, is two pieces away from legitimate contention and I dont think it's possible to add two more pieces when looking at assets, and money available.

Need a legit starting PG, and SF. Add those two, and you've really got something.

Reality? Unless you can work some kind of miracle deal for a legit all-star PG, Blow this bastard up.

I think that once we get rose back, we can legit start brown at pg and just go forward with that. The hole is our sf and backup center position. If we somehow could add Baynes and Morris (I know its not really possible right now) for instance we would be going to at least the 2nd round with this team.

I honestly like rose starting even though I really like Bruce and Luke as the BCOTF.

people keep bringing up rose’s minutes as the biggest dilemma, but I think his usage is a bigger issue. With the starters, he’ll be able to pick his spots and allow others to play off of him. we won’t have to run him into the ground like we do with the 2nd unit.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#62 » by vege » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:09 am

zeebneeb wrote:
tmorgan wrote:There have been a number of positives from this 4-6 start without Blake, really. But it also shows that, even with Kennard and Drummond stepping up, there isn't enough talent on this roster with Blake and Rose hurt. Not enough to contend with them healthy, either, but it'd be a decent team with them around.
What it shows is that this team, full health, is two pieces away from legitimate contention and I dont think it's possible to add two more pieces when looking at assets, and money available.

Need a legit starting PG, and SF. Add those two, and you've really got something.

Reality? Unless you can work some kind of miracle deal for a legit all-star PG, Blow this bastard up.

Assets are not the issue, the inept FO is. Otto Porter is a legit starter SF and he was traded for expirings. Conley is an all star level PG and we had the assets to acquire him.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#63 » by Pharaoh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:41 am

But neither OPJ or Conley would have moved the needle enough to justify sacrificing our assets.

We're not 1 player away from being a top 4 team. We're 1 or 2 players away from being 1 or 2 players away!

This deadline this FO needs to choose a direction though. We either go all in and deal our expirings for longer deals or we wait it out and see what we see in the off-season.

As a team that has never been a free agent destination I'm of the opinion that we need to trade for talent on longer deals.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#64 » by vege » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
As a team that has never been a free agent destination I'm of the opinion that we need to trade for talent on longer deals.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

I agree and I think this is obvious, but I don't think this is the path our FO will follow. They are happy being a low playoff seed and continue to cash their paychecks.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#65 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:38 am

This team is nowhere close to contention. The arguments that it is are always "IF so-and-so and so-and-so stay healthy and IF so-and-so play like this ALL THE TIME and IF we get two more stud free agents we could be a 4-5 seed!"

Return to Detroit Pistons