Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Official 2020 Nba Draft Thread 

Post#1001 » by DetroitSho » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Manocad wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
DBC10 wrote:^ Taking a wild guess, no disrespect but FOHWTBSYBAN = F* outta here with that B.S You B* A* N****a?

He's been improving his shooting (his biggest knock as a mere 2nd rounder) each year. I would hold on to him 1 more year to hopefully let him turn into a passable 3 n D guy that either is a fringe starter or solid bench piece

I will neither confirm nor deny. I thought about posting pictures of my guns but I thought that'd be too keyboard warriorish.

By the way, on Bruce Brown, I've actually shared both of you guys' opinions on him at times during his career. I think he's graduated from scrub with no offense. But still pretty meh in my eyes.

Yes, that would be the ultimate keyboard warrior move. Not to mention, I'd bet that I've got more. :D

That's no BS either; I've got 100 acres of hunting property on the west side of the state and hunt pretty much anything you can shoot and eat (as in game animals, not "I'm stuck in the woods and starving, and sure, you CAN eat a raccoon" hunting). I also have a side business that includes buying undervalued hunting rifles, upgrading them, and selling them; think decent used, low priced rifles with garbage stocks/scopes/triggers that with some very budget-conscious upgrades become really good rifles at far less expense than what a new high end rifle costs, although I generally have no more than 2-3 of those for sale at any given time. I also target/skeet shoot as much as I can so if you can name the caliber, I probably own it. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, even a bow and a crossbow.
Ok. Great story bud.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1002 » by mattao313 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:36 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
BJK1 wrote:They charge, but you can sometimes find portions of their content shared on free sites. I think the latest Pistons draft pick analysis from Vecenie was shared by one of the unofficial Pistons websites. I think I shared it somewhere earlier in this thread.

Yeah someone posted it on YouTube and I watched it.

I think it's only a dollar bit I'm still to cheap to pay it lmao
Championships
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#1003 » by Manocad » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Manocad wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I will neither confirm nor deny. I thought about posting pictures of my guns but I thought that'd be too keyboard warriorish.

By the way, on Bruce Brown, I've actually shared both of you guys' opinions on him at times during his career. I think he's graduated from scrub with no offense. But still pretty meh in my eyes.

Yes, that would be the ultimate keyboard warrior move. Not to mention, I'd bet that I've got more. :D

That's no BS either; I've got 100 acres of hunting property on the west side of the state and hunt pretty much anything you can shoot and eat (as in game animals, not "I'm stuck in the woods and starving, and sure, you CAN eat a raccoon" hunting). I also have a side business that includes buying undervalued hunting rifles, upgrading them, and selling them; think decent used, low priced rifles with garbage stocks/scopes/triggers that with some very budget-conscious upgrades become really good rifles at far less expense than what a new high end rifle costs, although I generally have no more than 2-3 of those for sale at any given time. I also target/skeet shoot as much as I can so if you can name the caliber, I probably own it. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, even a bow and a crossbow.
Ok. Great story bud.

I thought your statement about posting a picture of your guns was too, especially since you think that's a sign of intimidation somehow, you keyboard warrior, you. :lol:
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#1004 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:30 pm

mattao313 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
BJK1 wrote:They charge, but you can sometimes find portions of their content shared on free sites. I think the latest Pistons draft pick analysis from Vecenie was shared by one of the unofficial Pistons websites. I think I shared it somewhere earlier in this thread.

Yeah someone posted it on YouTube and I watched it.

Vecenie also hosts a podcast.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#1005 » by The_Irony » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:40 pm

BJK1 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah someone posted it on YouTube and I watched it.

One of the good ones https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/game-theory-podcast/id1054081827
BJK1
Senior

Post#1006 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:54 pm

The_Irony wrote:
BJK1 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:I think it's only a dollar bit I'm still to cheap to pay it lmao

One of the good ones https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/game-theory-podcast/id1054081827

That’s the one. Thanks for sharing.
BJK1
Senior

Post#1007 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Okay, a hypothetical (but maybe not unrealistic) draft scenario for the top 7. Assume most of the teams stay where they are, maybe some trade out, but the following 6 players go in some order before the Pistons select:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

7. The Pistons are on the clock, and for argument sake there aren’t any worthwhile trade down options available. Who do you think they’d select at 7?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#1008 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm

BJK1 wrote:Okay, a hypothetical (but maybe not unrealistic) draft scenario for the top 7. Assume most of the teams stay where they are, maybe some trade out, but the following 6 players go in some order before the Pistons select:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

7. The Pistons are on the clock, and for argument sake there aren’t any worthwhile trade down options available. Who do you think they’d select at 7?

Okongwu but IF they do trade back I would want one of Cole Anthony or Kira Lewis. Cole is one of the other 3 level athletic scorers who can create and play some defense.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#1009 » by rmfc » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:14 pm

BJK1 wrote:Okay, a hypothetical (but maybe not unrealistic) draft scenario for the top 7. Assume most of the teams stay where they are, maybe some trade out, but the following 6 players go in some order before the Pistons select:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

Pistons would probably select Haliburton. I'd probably select Vassell.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#1010 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Forgot about Hali, yeah they probably just go him. I dont trust Vassell as being anything other than a role player unless he can create his own shot
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#1011 » by DetroitSho » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Manocad wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Manocad wrote:Yes, that would be the ultimate keyboard warrior move. Not to mention, I'd bet that I've got more. :D

Ok. Great story bud.

I thought your statement about posting a picture of your guns was too, especially since you think that's a sign of intimidation somehow, you keyboard warrior, you.
No, my statement about posting pictures of my guns clearly flew over your head. It was a play on the stupidity of what a keyboard warrior actually looks like.

Boasting about weaponry on RealGM is the type of weird stuff Manocad does and true to form, you walked right into that one, coming in and boasting about your weaponry.

Amazing for you bud.

BJK1
Senior

Post#1012 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Haliburton is an interesting player, one that I actually like, just not for the Pistons. Great character, intelligence, and passing vision. Good defensive potential with the requisite length (but needs strength) to defend again some wings and the instincts to be a good team defender. But on offense, he’s really just a set shooter, so he’ll be challenged at creating offense for himself in the half court, particularly given his challenges with shooting off the dribble. And as it stands now, I’m concerned with how his shooting motion will hold up in the NBA. I think his best fits would be on teams like GSW, ATL, and Dallas, where he can be a secondary handler and spot up shooter in the half court.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant

Post#1013 » by The_Irony » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:00 pm

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

RJ Hampton
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1014 » by mattao313 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:01 pm

I've been against Halliburton but recently I kind of like his game and I seen a video of him shooting and he look good. I think both him and Okongwu will be good picks even if not the sexy pick.
Championships
BJK1
Senior

Post#1015 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm

The_Irony wrote:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

RJ Hampton

That’s a bold call. Sounds like he’s gaining traction as a prospect during this pre-draft process. His work with Mike Miller and Penny is getting attention.
BJK1
Senior

Post#1016 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16 pm

In spite of what said about Haliburton above, based on Weaver’s prior comments about “drafting the person”, I could still see him as the pick at 7. I wouldn’t be surprised with Hampton or even Cole Anthony either.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1017 » by DBC10 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 pm

The_Irony wrote:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

RJ Hampton

My final top 3 is likely be Vassell, Halli, and Hampton under that scenario

With it rotating each day depending on workout videos
The_Irony
Lead Assistant

Post#1018 » by The_Irony » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:20 pm

BJK1 wrote:
The_Irony wrote:

1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Hayes
5. Avdija
6. Okoro

RJ Hampton

That’s a bold call. Sounds like he’s gaining traction as a prospect during this pre-draft process. His work with Mike Miller and Penny is getting attention.

Top 5 recruit in HS and the business of basketball has him in the 10-20 range. If he went to Memphis or Kentucky hed be in top 10 discussions. I'm very much into drafting players who visibly want to be great, discuss it openly and show progress. His constant working out with Ja Morant, Penny Hardaway and Mike Miller give me reason he'll be that 10-15 range pick who breaks out so I'd take him at 7, especially if the fanbase favorite Hayes is gone.
BJK1
Senior

Post#1019 » by BJK1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:25 pm

There’s a very good argument to be made that Hampton is the most athletic guard in this draft. That’s a nice foundation to start with. Add in a great work ethic and you’ve got something good to work with.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1020 » by Pharaoh » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 pm

In that scenario it's between Okongwu, Vassell & RJ for me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons