mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Re: Official 2020 Nba Draft Thread 

Post#441 » by mattao313 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:01 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Spoiler:
Think Wiseman & Edwards are the top 2.

Question is who are the next 4 guys selected?

Would Charlotte or Chicago take Ball? Hornets have Graham, Rozier and Monk. Bulls have White as their PGOTF.

I think Charlotte are far more likely to take Okoro or Obi (hopefully Obi) over Ball simply due to fit and needs.

Bulls likely end up with Ball, hoping to play him and White together while they attempt to trade Zach.

Cleveland don't need another PG, hopefully they take Deni to be their SF...

Hawks up next, don't need a wing like Okoro so they piss off half of our fanbase by sniping Hayes.

We get Okoro

Knicks take Hailburton
Wizards get Okongwu and hope Qall, Beal, Rui & Double O can make a playoff push.

Suns land Vassell, trade him to us for Luke

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

Why Okoro? He can't shoot. Seems like he's destine to be a MKG clone.
Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#442 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:03 am

Pharaoh wrote:Think Wiseman & Edwards are the top 2.

Question is who are the next 4 guys selected?

Would Charlotte or Chicago take Ball? Hornets have Graham, Rozier and Monk. Bulls have White as their PGOTF.

I think Charlotte are far more likely to take Okoro or Obi (hopefully Obi) over Ball simply due to fit and needs.

Bulls likely end up with Ball, hoping to play him and White together while they attempt to trade Zach.

Cleveland don't need another PG, hopefully they take Deni to be their SF...

Hawks up next, don't need a wing like Okoro so they piss off half of our fanbase by sniping Hayes.

We get Okoro

Knicks take Hailburton
Wizards get Okongwu and hope Qall, Beal, Rui & Double O can make a playoff push.

Suns land Vassell, trade him to us for Luke

Wolves- Edwards

Warriors- Wiseman

Hornets- LaMelo (too much hype and potential)

Bulls- Deni (white is more of a scoring guard so he will help with playmaking on the wing)

Cavs- Toppin

Hawks- Okoro (play him next to Trae in the backcourt to help with Traes awful Defense)

Pistons- Hayes!!!!!
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#443 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:20 am

If the Wolves pass up Edwards and maybe decide to go with Ball and Dlo backcourt or a Towns and Wisman frontcourt.

Then I offer up this too the Warriors

Rose+Kennard+7
For
Wiggins+2

We take Edwards and Warriors get some pieces to help now while dumping that Wiggins contract to get out of cap hell and still get a nice prospect at 7.

I just dont think anyone is offering any stars for the 2nd pick and we have the space to absorb a big contract, a decent pick and a couple good players.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#444 » by DBC10 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:54 am

MotownMadness wrote:If the Wolves pass up Edwards and maybe decide to go with Ball and Dlo backcourt or a Towns and Wisman frontcourt.

Rose+Kennard+7
For
Wiggins+2

We take Edwards and Warriors get some pieces to help now while dumping that Wiggins contract to get out of cap hell and still get a nice prospect at 7.

I just dont think anyone is offering any stars for the 2nd pick and we have the space to absorb a big contract, a decent pick and a couple good players.

Are we really sure Edwards is worth moving up to get to 2? Wiggin's contract is not pretty at all. I'm assuming Edwards is coming in this scenario.

To me Edwards looks like a classic chucker that might flash potential of putting it together every year but fails to fully do so and before you know it, we maxed him out due to potential alone.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#445 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:58 am

DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:If the Wolves pass up Edwards and maybe decide to go with Ball and Dlo backcourt or a Towns and Wisman frontcourt.

Rose+Kennard+7
For
Wiggins+2

Are we really sure Edwards is worth moving up to get to 2? Wiggin's contract is not pretty at all. I'm assuming Edwards is coming in this scenario.

To me Edwards looks like a classic chucker that might flash potential of putting it together every year but fails to fully do so and before you know it, we maxed him out due to potential alone.

Not sure for sure but he has the whole package If he puts it together. I think it's worth the gamble to maybe end up with a 3 level scoring athletic guard. His shot selection is just bonkers sometimes we gotta reel that in but hes all alpha.

Might not be worth it to take on that Wiggins deal though especially when we can just take Hayes or Hali cause like you said that is a pretty bad contract lol
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#446 » by DBC10 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:00 am

MotownMadness wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

Rose+Kennard+7
For
Wiggins+2

Not sure for sure but he has the whole package If he puts it together. I think it's worth the gamble to maybe end up with a 3 level scoring athletic guard. His shot selection is just bonkers sometimes we gotta reel that in but hes all alpha.

For sure. But I think his comp might be similar to a mix of Dion Waiters and Denver Nuggets JR Smith. Just incoherent shot selection while being athletic guys. That might be his floor but I think that's where he'll most likely end up as which scares me.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#447 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:03 am

DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

For sure. But I think his comp might be similar to a mix of Dion Waiters and Denver Nuggets JR Smith. Just incoherent shot selection while being athletic guys. That might be his floor but I think that's where he'll most likely end up as which scares me.

Its definitely a possibility and maybe it's not worth the risk
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#448 » by Pharaoh » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:04 am

I'd rather use our space to make multiple moves that bring us young prospects & picks cause we absorbed salary.

Giving up Luke AND Rose AND #7 to land Edwards? And take on Wiggins? That's a big risk to start the rebuild.

IF something like that went down that would show Weaver and the FO were 1000% sold on Edwards

MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#449 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:08 am

Pharaoh wrote:I'd rather use our space to make multiple moves that bring us young prospects & picks cause we absorbed salary.

Giving up Luke AND Rose AND #7 to land Edwards? And take on Wiggins? That's a big risk to start the rebuild.

IF something like that went down that would show Weaver and the FO were 1000% sold on Edwards

Yeah probably too risky now that I think about it.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#450 » by ducler » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:31 am

Blake + #7 for Wiggins + #2 is more the offer I would propose

But then I would like to find a way to take Hayes also...
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#451 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Read teams are really high on Nesmith and he could even be in the top 8.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#452 » by flow » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:16 pm

This one's different

Mock drafters tend to get lazy around this time, just circulating the same names seen everywhere else. I look for those who have a different name or two. Independent thinkers or inside info. Because, after all, there are always a few surprises the mainstream misses.

So, I came across draftsite.com. They've been around since 2009 and regularly do pretty well. They released an updated mock yesterday which contains a couple different names in the top 10. One of which, going to the Pistons at 7.

Kira Lewis, PG, Bama

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#453 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm

flow wrote:This one's different

Mock drafters tend to get lazy around this time, just circulating the same names seen everywhere else. I look for those who have a different name or two. Independent thinkers or inside info. Because, after all, there are always a few surprises the mainstream misses.

So, I came across draftsite.com. They've been around since 2009 and regularly do pretty well. They released an updated mock yesterday which contains a couple different names in the top 10. One of which, going to the Pistons at 7.

Kira Lewis, PG, Bama

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

Kira Lewis is the one PG I just never really watched but scouts are saying hes crazy quick which sounds awesome getting to the rim.

But have concerns cause hes a bit wild once he gets there and has too slow it down. Sounds like a good problem to have if hes got that type of first step and quickness.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#454 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:43 pm

stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#455 » by stylesofpunk » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:18 pm

I wonder if with some of our cap space we could do a deal of a future 2nd for kanter/#14

Kanter adds a big behind Wood and we get a late lotto pick in the deal while Boston saves some money with them being around the luxury tax
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#456 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Delete
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#457 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:36 pm

So I offered this on the trade board too see what people think.

Lonzo and #13
For

Gives us a young PG and a opportunity to grab a wing at at 13. I'm thinking Nesmith or Vassell if he last that long.

Ball/Rose
Kennard/Brown
Svi/Nesmith
Griffin/Sekou
Wood/FA

(First I wait too see if Killian is there though at 7)
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#458 » by mattao313 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:45 pm

IMO we need perimeter creators before we look for role players like Lonzo and guys at 13.
Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#459 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:56 pm

mattao313 wrote:IMO we need perimeter creators before we look for role players like Lonzo and guys at 13.

I just like Lonzos defense and passing. Plus I really like Nesmith and think hes gonna be the steal of the draft if we can nab him at 13.

Nesmith is a offensive beast and a 52% 3pt shooting SF scoring 23ppg.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#460 » by MotownMadness » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:08 pm

He'll be the best shooter out of the draft and possible sleeper for best player. The way he gets separation to get that shot off is really nice.

Return to Detroit Pistons