Thread for trade deadline 2020!

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Thread for trade deadline 2020! 

Post#1101 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:14 pm

Kilo wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I think Christian Wood can be more impactful. Hopefully he doesnt cost alot to retain. Center who can Dunk with the best of them and shoot 3s.

Yeah, would have been better hiding him to keep him cheaper, but word already seemed to be out as Houston and Boston were making offers for him. He's a UFA though, so can sign anywhere without owing us anything. I hope that we maybe already exchanged numbers that both are comfortable with and it's not an overpay to keep him here out of fear he bolts.

Maybe we try to extend him soon before anyone gets a chance
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#1102 » by bstein14 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:16 pm

Feels like we messed up with Wood wish we could have gotten him on a cheap 2 year min deal.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#1103 » by Jstock12 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:21 pm

Let the Sirvydis era begin.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#1104 » by thesack12 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:30 pm

Sure, the return was trash but I was operating under the vision that getting anything for Andre was a + so I'm good with the trade.

That said, while this move does creak the door open to a rebuild a little wider, I'm definitely not to the point in believing a proper rebuild is going to take place yet. It became abundantly clear that the organization was just ready to move on from Drummond. To me, this trade could have just been an addition by subtraction type of move in their eyes. The recent quotes about Rose having "4 more good years left", and they want to resign him are SUPER concerning to me. Now Detroit also has gobs of cap space to potentially throw at 2 former Dwane Casey disciples in VanVleet and DeRozan.

There are still mines to dodge in the path ahead folks. A "retool" could very much be in the cards.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#1105 » by coordinator0 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:33 pm

bstein14 wrote:Feels like we messed up with Wood wish we could have gotten him on a cheap 2 year min deal.

Nah. Take the good things however you can. Detroit was lucky to get him on waivers. Who knows if Wood would have chosen to sign with the team if he cleared them.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#1106 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:35 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:Andre is in the anger phase of realizing he should have taken 20+ million a year for 5 years, turned it down and now will have to take the PO with the Cavs if he wants any money at all, even in a year where teams have a bunch of money.

The tape is out there, Dre plays for Dre. Those 9 turn over games where the other center puts up 26 points even though they average 11 for the season... etc.

If he had the persona of Galloway who roots for everyone and is a team guy, it would be different. I hope the team gives Galloway a two year deal and keeps him around.

Your last paragraph is the borderline idiocy and bipolar garbage that keeps me away from this forum for weeks at a time. Drummond has had absolutely zero issues with teammates and has always spoken highly of them. When tf did Galloway become the beacon of what we want here?

This forum bitched about the Galloway contract before the ink was dry. Bitched about him all during his first two years. At times begging for him to be out of the rotation. But since there's never been extremely high expectations of him all he needs to do is openly root for teammates, lace up a cool pair of shoes every night and now he should be extended for another two years? No, his ass shoulda been outta here by 3 with Dre.

And for the record I love Galloway and have liked him from the beginning. Even through his rough patches I never shared the sentiment to remove him from the rotation. So this ain't directed at him. But YOU PEOPLE . Seriously wtf? It's hard to keep up. But anybody but Dre, right?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

This is false. Drummond treated Wood very poorly when he had a few break out games. He came around with him.

Drummond treats Sekou terribly. Watch the games. He wouldnt even look at him most of the time. Twice he walked away from Sekou from when he fell after layups, he would look down and not high five him when he came back to the bench, he wouldnt even fist bump him before games like every other player starting. Etc I could go on. Anyone watching the games, looking at how those two work together, came away with Andre being a whiny player upset someone else was the next up and coming. And thats just what we see on TV. Andre getting moved for half a bag of chips and 2023 2nd says enough.

Dre's on the court BS with taking the ball up the court is another issue, that affects the team. Imagine you are on the court with Derrick Rose playing balls out and you turn away, run the up the court with the ball and then immediately turn it over. Whatever is going on there isn't getting along with everyone. Its being completely out for himself.

Your other rants. Thats all about you.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#1107 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:37 pm

double post
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#1108 » by subbed sub » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:38 pm

I'm just happy the Tim Frazier era is over
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#1109 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:00 pm

Do we keep Brandon Knight as our 3rd PG? Keeping Galloway, Kennard back soon and Thomas as well - is there any minutes for him? Why not waive him and use the cap space we gained in the Dre deal (about 1.7M pro-rated) to sign somebody else to a looksee deal?
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1110 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:05 pm

Did we cut anyone yet? Havent really kept up with that. If not im sure Reggie is gonna be crying enough to maybe take a buyout
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#1111 » by DETermination » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:06 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Did we cut anyone yet? Havent really kept up with that. If not im sure Reggie is gonna be crying enough to maybe take a buyout

Tim Frazier got cut I think
Detroit vs Everybody
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#1112 » by DetroitSho » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:12 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:Andre is in the anger phase of realizing he should have taken 20+ million a year for 5 years, turned it down and now will have to take the PO with the Cavs if he wants any money at all, even in a year where teams have a bunch of money.

The tape is out there, Dre plays for Dre. Those 9 turn over games where the other center puts up 26 points even though they average 11 for the season... etc.

If he had the persona of Galloway who roots for everyone and is a team guy, it would be different. I hope the team gives Galloway a two year deal and keeps him around.

Your last paragraph is the borderline idiocy and bipolar garbage that keeps me away from this forum for weeks at a time. Drummond has had absolutely zero issues with teammates and has always spoken highly of them. When tf did Galloway become the beacon of what we want here?

This forum bitched about the Galloway contract before the ink was dry. Bitched about him all during his first two years. At times begging for him to be out of the rotation. But since there's never been extremely high expectations of him all he needs to do is openly root for teammates, lace up a cool pair of shoes every night and now he should be extended for another two years? No, his ass shoulda been outta here by 3 with Dre.

And for the record I love Galloway and have liked him from the beginning. Even through his rough patches I never shared the sentiment to remove him from the rotation. So this ain't directed at him. But YOU PEOPLE . Seriously wtf? It's hard to keep up. But anybody but Dre, right?

This is false. Drummond treated Wood very poorly when he had a few break out games. He came around with him.

Drummond treats Sekou terribly. Watch the games. He wouldnt even look at him most of the time. Twice he walked away from Sekou from when he fell after layups, he would look down and not high five him when he came back to the bench, he wouldnt even fist bump him before games like every other player starting. Etc I could go on. Anyone watching the games, looking at how those two work together, came away with Andre being a whiny player upset someone else was the next up and coming. And thats just what we see on TV. Andre getting moved for half a bag of chips and 2023 2nd says enough.

Dre's on the court BS with taking the ball up the court is another issue, that affects the team. Imagine you are on the court with Derrick Rose playing balls out and you turn away, run the up the court with the ball and then immediately turn it over. Whatever is going on there isn't getting along with everyone. Its being completely out for himself.

Your other rants. Thats all about you.
Lol this is hilarious. I'm thinking you actually had something. Gotcha. No fist bumps, bad teammate bro.

Kilo
RealGM

Post#1113 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:15 pm

Want to know why the "Reggie buyout" option was floated right away and not simply cutting Knight if we wanted a roster spot - Brandon Knight is a former Tellem client and the off-the-radar idea is to get him PT here to rehab his value.

So whether we buy out Reggie or not, look for Knight to get consistent playing time.
Weaver = Hinkie
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1114 » by jakebernat » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:15 pm

bstein14 wrote:Feels like we messed up with Wood wish we could have gotten him on a cheap 2 year min deal.

he was claimed off waivers, we had nothing to do with his current contract.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1115 » by Sort » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:16 pm

Can't believe how poorly Brandon Knight's career has gone. He looked like he has nothing left in the tank in Cleveland. Injuries did him in. I remember his young game where he just didn't have any court vision, but he could press on defense at times and had moderate outside shooting.

Actually I thought Frazier was going to work out being a third string one.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1116 » by jakebernat » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:19 pm

I will say that while it’s frustrating we couldn’t also deal keef, galloway, and rose, you have to wonder what deals were even available. once philly landed burcs and GR3, our most likely suitor was gone.

very little in terms of draft capital was moved today. snakebites said it earlier, mook was essentially the best player traded to a contender, easily better than any of our guys, and he could only fetch a pick in the 28-30 range.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#1117 » by Snakebites » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:24 pm

I’m puzzled that Kieff and Galloway weren’t moved, honestly.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#1118 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:24 pm

If we drafted with #31, that would have been a guaranteed roster spot meaning very likely we wouldn't have claimed or at least kept. I think we would have still signed Markieff over Wood.
Weaver = Hinkie
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#1119 » by 440BB » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:24 pm

I'm imagining Andre opting in for his $28m next year and Dan Gilbert kicking himself for an entire season. Glad it's over.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1120 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:27 pm

Snakebites wrote:I’m puzzled that Kieff and Galloway weren’t moved, honestly.

I thought one of those guys or both were a sure thing to be traded

Return to Detroit Pistons