Thread for trade deadline 2020!

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Re: Thread for trade deadline 2020! 

Post#541 » by Drwho17 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Kilo wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:Any Drummond trade to NYK needs to get back Frank N, not DSJ, especially if we are taking Randle back who is the epitome of empty stats. Get Frank K and team him with Sekou, start the new French connection.

It would be the preference but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I'd be interested to see DJS with Rose as a mentor figure. On his third team in three seasons, it might be a bit of a wake-up for the kid. He's shown flashes that are very intriguing and still a prospect enough to take a flier on.

I'm worried about DSJ's injuries more than anything, I know he has talent. I also think we know more about what he is, than Frank K, I think he's quietly improved a lot and has a higher ceiling.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#542 » by Billl » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Honestly, not really impressed with either of them so far. Randle has negative value. Those guards have little value. When you put them together, I don't think that is better than just letting dre walk for nothing.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#543 » by Moses ShamMoses » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:30 pm

I'm not against trading for Frank N. for the off-chance Casey can develop him, but isn't he really just a super expensive 3rd stringer at this point (6.2M next year)?
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#544 » by El Chivo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:13 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
rmfc wrote:Any chance we could trade for Nerlens Noel?

Nerlens can veto any trade so he’s probably not an option. What do Pistons fans think snell is worth?

A pair of socks.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#545 » by kpt » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:04 pm

I am still in the camp that have doubts about any Piston trades being made. Sad
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#546 » by Sort » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm

kpt wrote:I am still in the camp that have doubts about any Piston trades being made. Sad

I think you're more likely to be disappointed by the actual trade than the lack thereof. That said, Pistons have some pieces teams could talk themselves into as pressure mounts, and Pistons will take a young asset for Galloway or Morris. But yeah, it may just be Galloway for a second round pick most of us have never heard of.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#547 » by 440BB » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:13 pm

Toronto has a couple younger former first round picks stashed away in the G league. Maybe we can pry them away for one of our expirings.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#548 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:15 am

El Chivo wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Nerlens can veto any trade so he’s probably not an option. What do Pistons fans think snell is worth?

A pair of socks.

I was going to say that Noel is worth about a pair of socks as well.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Post#549 » by Han Solo » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:51 am

Our future = worst in the league.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,816

Post#550 » by Snakebites » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:33 am

Han Solo wrote:Our future = worst in the league.

Sure seems that way.

A couple of good drafts is all it takes though.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#551 » by pistonsbball » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:03 am

Brooklyn were in way worse shape just a few seasons ago. It can turn around pretty quickly. We actually have a sprinkling of young talent. We just need a couple of seasons of competent GM'ing and probably some luck.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,354

Post#552 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:32 am

pistonsbball wrote:Brooklyn were in way worse shape just a few seasons ago. It can turn around pretty quickly. We actually have a sprinkling of young talent. We just need a couple of seasons of competent GM'ing and probably some luck.

Yup we just need to grab up Irving and Durant
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#553 » by pistonsbball » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
pistonsbball wrote:Brooklyn were in way worse shape just a few seasons ago. It can turn around pretty quickly. We actually have a sprinkling of young talent. We just need a couple of seasons of competent GM'ing and probably some luck.

They were a young up and coming playoff team before that. Let's say they keep last seasons squad and add a solid piece instead of KD and Irving, that's maybe a 2nd round team with upside.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,354

Post#554 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 am

pistonsbball wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

They were a young up and coming playoff team before that. Let's say they keep last seasons squad and add a solid piece instead of KD and Irving, that's maybe a 2nd round team with upside.

They just added Kyrie in place of Druss and are still a 7-8 seed East team. If Durant comes back healthy they will turn into championship contenders next season though.

I do agree with you we can turn it around in a few seasons. I just dont think we can land the big name free agents they've picked up. I think the Grizz would be the ideal formula for us thats a team on the rise with Morant/JJjr and company.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#555 » by Billl » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:12 pm

We are a long way off from being a good team. Even if we dump everyone and hit the jackpot the next 2 drafts, we would be at basically step 1 of building a decent team. I'm sure we would all be excited about the future at that point, but we would likely still be racking up a ton of losses in the present.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#556 » by Sort » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Billl wrote:We are a long way off from being a good team. Even if we dump everyone and hit the jackpot the next 2 drafts, we would be at basically step 1 of building a decent team. I'm sure we would all be excited about the future at that point, but we would likely still be racking up a ton of losses in the present.

No, we're at step one right now. I truly enjoy watching a Grizzlies game or a New Orleans game with Zion. Neither of those teams are at step 1 after hitting the jackpot. With a little health (New Orleans) and a little more roster bolstering (Memphis) those teams will be in the playoffs and on the path to contention next year.

I get the sentiment though. It's hard to think positively about a team that is unintentionally tanking hard.

Even a bit.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,090

Post#557 » by Laimbeer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

An expiring. We got the Bucks FRP for taking on his extra year.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,895

Post#558 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:20 pm

Sort wrote:
Billl wrote:We are a long way off from being a good team. Even if we dump everyone and hit the jackpot the next 2 drafts, we would be at basically step 1 of building a decent team. I'm sure we would all be excited about the future at that point, but we would likely still be racking up a ton of losses in the present.

No, we're at step one right now. I truly enjoy watching a Grizzlies game or a New Orleans game with Zion. Neither of those teams are at step 1 after hitting the jackpot. With a little health (New Orleans) and a little more roster bolstering (Memphis) those teams will be in the playoffs and on the path to contention next year.

I get the sentiment though. It's hard to think positively about a team that is unintentionally tanking hard.

Even a bit.

Im just mad this is our best shot at a top pick in a long time and the top of the draft is underwhelming.

Like why couldn't we be in this spot last year with a couple of studs like Zion and Morant sitting at the top.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,158

Post#559 » by NYPiston » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:24 pm

It's not about wins and losses and likely won't be for a while. What most of the fanbase has been hoping for is for the team to have some sort of direction, any direction. If they sacrifice a couple of seasons while they draft and develop, so be it.

Just no more quick fixes. No more Gordon/Villuaneva signings, no more Josh Smith's, no more Blake Griffin type trades. Commit to a rebuild built around a young developing core and surround it with cheapish, short term contract vets.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,895

Post#560 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:35 pm

NYPiston wrote:

It's not about wins and losses and likely won't be for a while. What most of the fanbase has been hoping for is for the team to have some sort of direction, any direction. If they sacrifice a couple of seasons while they draft and develop, so be it.

Just no more quick fixes. No more Gordon/Villuaneva signings, no more Josh Smith's, no more Blake Griffin type trades. Commit to a rebuild built around a young developing core and surround it with cheapish, short term contract vets.

Yeah im so used to being mediocre and crap that im not afraid of a 5 year rebuild if thats what it takes with hits and misses in the draft.

I figure ill be about 40 by the time were ready to do anything significant, lol

Return to Detroit Pistons