ImageImageImage

Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National)

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National) 

Post#361 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm

I really do think we actually look better without him out there the last couple games. Instead other players rebound, yay 28 mil.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#362 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:19 pm

What is the value difference between Drummond and WCS?

I guarantee it's not the difference between 28 mill and 2.2 Million.

Seriously.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#363 » by DBC10 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:42 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I really do think we actually look better without him out there the last couple games. Instead other players rebound, yay 28 mil.

Spacing and off ball movement has been a lot better than expected. We don’t really look like we’re lost without him at all.

In fact I think this gives the younger guys more motivation to try hard and play more engaged. Which is the growth I want to see.
freddy
Senior
And1: 10

Post#364 » by freddy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:50 pm

I think Drummond ends up in Atlanta or Boston.

Boston package would be something like - Hayward, Williams, and Edwards for Drummond, Galloway, and Frazier. The value in this package being a couple of rookies...Hayward is good, but overpaid.

For Atlanta it would either be something like Turner, Reddish, Len or Turner, Parker, Len for Drummond, Thomas, and Frazier. The 2nd package would need a pick added (or at least our leadership would say so).
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#365 » by subbed sub » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:57 pm

freddy wrote:I think Drummond ends up in Atlanta or Boston.

Boston package would be something like - Hayward, Williams, and Edwards for Drummond, Galloway, and Frazier. The value in this package being a couple of rookies...Hayward is good, but overpaid.

For Atlanta it would either be something like Turner, Reddish, Len or Turner, Parker, Len for Drummond, Thomas, and Frazier. The 2nd package would need a pick added (or at least our leadership would say so).

I think Boston is a better team with Hayward than with Drummond. Hayward has been leading their 2nd unit. I don't see then making this trade.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#366 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 pm

The problem with Boston has always been their lack of expendable salary.

They legitimately could use some extra size and think if they had the right filler, a move of that filler plus some lower level assets (maybe a late first and a second or something) would have been made already, to be honest.

Trouble is, all of their guys making big money are important to their core. Even with their high powered perimeter and thin front court I think Hayward is more of a plus for them than Dre.

Incidently, I also think having Hayward on the team instead of Dre would hurt our tank job.
freddy
Senior
And1: 10

Post#367 » by freddy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:37 pm

I think with Hayward on the team our FO would try to compete next year....with a core of Hayward, Griffin and Rose. All healthy they could win some games but probably at best a 2nd round exit.... similar to our current state.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#368 » by Canadafan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Yeeks. Scanning thru all the teams and standings and there is not too many good fits out there. Charlotte maybe if they weren't so far out of playoffs. Spurs maybe? Not many options. How bout Pelicans....

Return to Detroit Pistons