buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Re: Game 45: Memphis Grizzlies (20-24) @ Detroit Pistons (17-28) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#42 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:54 am

Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:
Depends what you mean by star I guess. Make an all-star team? Maybe ... if his team is winning. The west frontcourt is pretty stacked right now. He's a really good young player though. Too bad we couldn't keep him in michigan.

A potential top 10 nba player a lock for top 20 eventually. I think he for sure makes some all star games, just not yet hes only 20. Hes the prototype modern stretch 4.

Oh, then I completely disagree. He's maybe the 3rd best guy on an elite team. Nowhere near top 10. All-star is basically top 25 and he might make that some years.

Hes no where near a finished player. He was one of the youngest top prospect in last years draft. He still hasnt even topped his fouling problem that young bigs have. Hes averaging 5.2 Pf per 36 to put that in to perspective Drummonds high was 4.2. Hes 6'11 and can shoot the 3 at over 40% and is an elite rim protector. Hes eventually going to stop commiting stupid fousl and start having absurd numbers.

Also literally every good NBA writer/podcast raves about him. So dont take it from me take it from the people who talk basketball for a living.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,382

Post#43 » by Billl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:01 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
A potential top 10 nba player a lock for top 20 eventually. I think he for sure makes some all star games, just not yet hes only 20. Hes the prototype modern stretch 4.

Oh, then I completely disagree. He's maybe the 3rd best guy on an elite team. Nowhere near top 10. All-star is basically top 25 and he might make that some years.

Hes no where near a finished player. He was one of the youngest top prospect in last years draft. He still hasnt even topped his fouling problem that young bigs have. Hes averaging 5.2 Pf per 36 to put that in to perspective Drummonds high was 4.2. He can shoot the 3 and is a elite rim protector. Hes eventually going to stop commiting stupid fousl and start having absurd numbers.

Also literally every good NBA writer/podcast raves about him. So dont take it from me take it from the people who talk basketball for a living.

None of that means he's a top 10 guy. List your top 10 guys and then tell me who he's going to be better than.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#44 » by bstein14 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:03 am

Don't know why, buts its so much more enjoyable for me to watch this team with Andre out.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:04 am

Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:

Hes no where near a finished player. He was one of the youngest top prospect in last years draft. He still hasnt even topped his fouling problem that young bigs have. Hes averaging 5.2 Pf per 36 to put that in to perspective Drummonds high was 4.2. He can shoot the 3 and is a elite rim protector. Hes eventually going to stop commiting stupid fousl and start having absurd numbers.

None of that means he's a top 10 guy. List your top 10 guys and then tell me who he's going to be better than.

I said "a potential top 10 guy". Not "hes a top 10 guy". In 5 years a bunch of guys who're top 10 now wont be around or will be declining. I didnt say he was going to be a all star this season either. I'm saying hes lock to eventually be one. A player at 20 years old isnt the same player at 25 esp with the freaky cool skill set JJjr has.

Another foul like I just said he needs to get over his foul problem. Which many young guys have.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#46 » by pistonsbball » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:04 am

Lou King looks like he could turn into a solid 3&d guy.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#47 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:10 am

Lol Val
Billl
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by Billl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

I said "a potential top 10 guy". Not "hes a top 10 guy". In 5 years a bunch of guys who're top 10 now wont be around or will be declining. I even said hes not all star yet.

Another foul like I just said he needs to get over his foul problem. Which many young guys have.

Yeah, in his prime, which current top 10 guys is he going to be better than? Sure, everyone gets old, but every year there is a new crop of players coming in. He's clearly way below guy like Luka or Giannis. Heck, he's already got a guy on his team that's going to be a bigger star than him. JJJ is going to be a really good player, but you are wildly underestimating how good the top 10 players are.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:13 am

Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:

I said "a potential top 10 guy". Not "hes a top 10 guy". In 5 years a bunch of guys who're top 10 now wont be around or will be declining. I even said hes not all star yet.

Yeah, in his prime, which current top 10 guys is he going to be better than? Sure, everyone gets old, but every year there is a new crop of players coming in. He's clearly way below guy like Luka or Giannis. Heck, he's already got a guy on his team that's going to be a bigger star than him. JJJ is going to be a really good player, but you are wildly underestimating how good the top 10 players are.

Go look at Giannis or Jokics numbers at 20 years old they were far far worse.

JJjr is more valuable then Morant by the way. Its way harder to find a 6'11 big who can protect the rim, switch to anyone, and shoot 40%+ from 3 then a good pg. Theres only so many guys on planet earth that can have that skill set. Also keep in mind Morant is only 1 month younger then JJjr.

I hope you dont judge Sekou like you do Jackson jr when hes 20 years old if he looks that good because if he does look that good everybody is going to be raving how we have a future star.
Billl
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by Billl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:18 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

JJjr is more valuable then Morant by the way. Its way harder to find a 6'11 big who can protect the rim and shoot 40%+ from 3 then a good pg.

So you think bigs are more valuable than perimeter players in todays NBA? I'll just let that hang out there and you can think about that for a bit.
davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Post#51 » by davidvolumes » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:19 am

Pistons have a lot of trouble defending with small lineups
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:20 am

Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:

JJjr is more valuable then Morant by the way. Its way harder to find a 6'11 big who can protect the rim and shoot 40%+ from 3 then a good pg.

So you think bigs are more valuable than perimeter players in todays NBA? I'll just let that hang out there and you can think about that for a bit.

I think tall guys are more valuable then short guys overall. Tall being 6'8 or bigger obv theirs exceptions like Curry and Harden.

JJjr shoots 40% from 3 on 6.5 apg by the way hes a stretch big. Hes not Andre Drummond sitting down low with no perimeter ability.
Billl
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by Billl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:24 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

I think tall guys are more valuable then short guys overall. Tall being 6'8 or bigger obv theirs exceptions like Curry and Harden.

JJjr shoots 40% from 3 by the way hes a stretch big. Hes not Andre Drummond sitting down low with no perimeter ability.

Still waiting on your top 10. I'm sure it will be full of stretch 4s
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#54 » by pistonsbball » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:25 am

This game should serve as an ad for us accessing the top 5 of the draft at some point in time.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:26 am

Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:

JJjr shoots 40% from 3 by the way hes a stretch big. Hes not Andre Drummond sitting down low with no perimeter ability.

Still waiting on your top 10. I'm sure it will be full of stretch 4s

You can google a top 10 player list and i will most likely agree with it.

@me in a few years and you'll see just like you did with the Blake trade you debated me on.
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#56 » by DETermination » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:36 am

Got to love losing a game where your promising rookie only plays 22 minutes and when he did play never got the ball. I hate the way they have used Sekou lately. The Celtics game he got the ball a ton and had plenty of chances to score. The last 4 games they act like he's invisible. I want some trades to happen. D Rose/Drummond/Reggie/Langston/Keef/Snell need to be traded please.
Detroit vs Everybody
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:41 am

DETermination wrote:Got to love losing a game where your promising rookie only plays 22 minutes and when he did play never got the ball. I hate the way they have used Sekou lately. The Celtics game he got the ball a ton and had plenty of chances to score. The last 4 games they act like he's invisible. I want some trades to happen please. D Rose/Drummond/Reggie/Langston/Keef/Snell need to be traded please.

I just posted this somewhere else but I'll post it here.

Look back a few years ago
and the Grizz looked hopeless with Conley/Gasol aging. Two top 5 nba picks and suddenly we wish that was us. We need to position ourselves to get those kinds of picks. Not saying we will hit that well but its possible.

We know teams have an interest in our players. This trade deadline is going to tell alot. If we dont do anything to position ourselves to get out of the middle its going to be a rough decade again.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#58 » by vege » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:22 am

Billl wrote:
vege wrote:My God, why is Reggie starting.

Well, svi is our only active rotation 3. Langston is the only active rotation 2.

I thought we had Brown and Snell. Our wing situation is bad, and we are missing 3 of them, including the 2 starters so yeah, Casey is not in a good situation.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#59 » by Neptune » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 am

Bad lost! We need my guy Dre back immediately!

Rose
Jackson
?????
Sekeu
Drummond
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#60 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:16 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
DETermination wrote:Got to love losing a game where your promising rookie only plays 22 minutes and when he did play never got the ball. I hate the way they have used Sekou lately. The Celtics game he got the ball a ton and had plenty of chances to score. The last 4 games they act like he's invisible. I want some trades to happen please. D Rose/Drummond/Reggie/Langston/Keef/Snell need to be traded please.

I just posted this somewhere else but I'll post it here.

Look back a few years ago
and the Grizz looked hopeless with Conley/Gasol aging. Two top 5 nba picks and suddenly we wish that was us. We need to position ourselves to get those kinds of picks. Not saying we will hit that well but its possible.

We know teams have an interest in our players. This trade deadline is going to tell alot. If we dont do anything to position ourselves to get out of the middle its going to be a rough decade again.
Some teams land top picks and still continue to suck and/or trade them away(Knicks). Some teams land top picks consistently throughout their existence and win titles(Celtics, Lakers)and some rarely get top picks and have to build out to win titles thru trades(Pistons, Dallas, Heat).

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the Pistons will absolutely not have a top 3 pick in the next 3 years.(I would say 10, but in occasion the Pistons have a top pick. Hill, Thomas, Darko)So I wouldn't have any hope of landing a top 3 pick and hope some killer trades happen, and the team gets really lucky in their destined draft slots(7-18 range usually)

It sucks, but it is what it is. This is why I push for trades when it looks like the team has a core because there are no top picks in the teams future.

Return to Detroit Pistons