ImageImageImage

Game 45: Memphis Grizzlies (20-24) @ Detroit Pistons (17-28) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Game 45: Memphis Grizzlies (20-24) @ Detroit Pistons (17-28) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#61 » by DetroitSho » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:30 am

Neptune wrote:Bad lost! We need my guy Dre back immediately!

Rose
Jackson
?????
Sekeu
Drummond
Not that it matters much because you're going on ignore after this response. But at this point it's clear you're misspelling Sekou's name on purpose. Nobody's that dense enough to see his name spelled correctly as much as it is here and still get it wrong everytime without doing it on purpose.

Maybe I'm just picking the wrong battle but that's some weird sht you got going on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#62 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 am

zeebneeb wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
DETermination wrote:Got to love losing a game where your promising rookie only plays 22 minutes and when he did play never got the ball. I hate the way they have used Sekou lately. The Celtics game he got the ball a ton and had plenty of chances to score. The last 4 games they act like he's invisible. I want some trades to happen please. D Rose/Drummond/Reggie/Langston/Keef/Snell need to be traded please.

I just posted this somewhere else but I'll post it here.

Look back a few years ago
and the Grizz looked hopeless with Conley/Gasol aging. Two top 5 nba picks and suddenly we wish that was us. We need to position ourselves to get those kinds of picks. Not saying we will hit that well but its possible.

We know teams have an interest in our players. This trade deadline is going to tell alot. If we dont do anything to position ourselves to get out of the middle its going to be a rough decade again.
Some teams land top picks and still continue to suck and/or trade them away(Knicks). Some teams land top picks consistently throughout their existence and win titles(Celtics, Lakers)and some rarely get top picks and have to build out to win titles thru trades(Pistons, Dallas, Heat).

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the Pistons will absolutely not have a top 3 pick in the next 3 years.(I would say 10, but in occasion the Pistons have a top pick. Hill, Thomas, Darko)So I wouldn't have any hope of landing a top 3 pick and hope some killer trades happen, and the team gets really lucky in their destined draft slots(7-18 range usually)

It sucks, but it is what it is. This is why I push for trades when it looks like the team has a core because there are no top picks in the teams future.

Well u cant say with "almost 100% certainty" we wont. Were currently 11.7% to get a top 4 pick. Were two games ahead of having a 42.1% chance. Those are the real numbers. Were closer to getting a top3 then winning a playoff series thats for sure.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#63 » by El Chivo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 am

Casey and his love for average veterans are unsustainable.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
sludgefoot
Junior
And1: 80

Post#64 » by sludgefoot » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:20 am

El Chivo wrote:Casey and his love for average veterans are unsustainable.
Does anyone believe Casey developed Toronto's Siakam, or was the guy just good? His biggest development in Detroit was to force Brown to be something he's not! Brown is a come off the bench and cause defensive havoc guy.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#65 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:43 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
I just posted this somewhere else but I'll post it here.

Look back a few years ago
and the Grizz looked hopeless with Conley/Gasol aging. Two top 5 nba picks and suddenly we wish that was us. We need to position ourselves to get those kinds of picks. Not saying we will hit that well but its possible.

We know teams have an interest in our players. This trade deadline is going to tell alot. If we dont do anything to position ourselves to get out of the middle its going to be a rough decade again.
Some teams land top picks and still continue to suck and/or trade them away(Knicks). Some teams land top picks consistently throughout their existence and win titles(Celtics, Lakers)and some rarely get top picks and have to build out to win titles thru trades(Pistons, Dallas, Heat).

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the Pistons will absolutely not have a top 3 pick in the next 3 years.(I would say 10, but in occasion the Pistons have a top pick. Hill, Thomas, Darko)So I wouldn't have any hope of landing a top 3 pick and hope some killer trades happen, and the team gets really lucky in their destined draft slots(7-18 range usually)

It sucks, but it is what it is. This is why I push for trades when it looks like the team has a core because there are no top picks in the teams future.

Well u cant say with "almost 100% certainty" we wont. Were currently 11.7% to get a top 4 pick. Were two games ahead of having a 42.1% chance. Those are the real numbers. Were closer to getting a top3 then winning a playoff series thats for sure.
Almost. :wink:
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#66 » by Neptune » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:18 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Neptune wrote:Bad lost! We need my guy Dre back immediately!

Rose
Jackson
?????
Sekeu
Drummond
Not that it matters much because you're going on ignore after this response. But at this point it's clear you're misspelling Sekou's name on purpose. Nobody's that dense enough to see his name spelled correctly as much as it is here and still get it wrong everytime without doing it on purpose.

Maybe I'm just picking the wrong battle but that's some weird sht you got going on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Lol, thanks! Sekou!!!

Sounds super lame with the ignore comment, but ok

Return to Detroit Pistons