Game 61: Detroit Pistons (19-41) @ Phoenix Suns (24-35) - 9:00 PM ET

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Re: Game 61: Detroit Pistons (19-41) @ Phoenix Suns (24-35) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#41 » by Snakebites » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Betarayjigs wrote:Tanking for a good pick, I know it can make sense and all the “smart” website reporters will like the Strategy but Phoenix is a dark timeline version of the results of tanking for sure. How many years of young players getting frustrated with sucking do they have to put up with and they still lose to a team that doesn’t have it’s preseason top 5 players at home. I don’t mind Drummond gone and the mercenaries. This year makes sense but some teams live in this zone of suck for a decade. Fingers crossed it’s not the Pistons.

Absolutely true.

Tanking to get better draft picks makes sense, but it’s not a substitute for drafting and developing well.

The Suns have undeniably whiffed on some picks in addition to their other issues.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#42 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:07 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Betarayjigs wrote:Tanking for a good pick, I know it can make sense and all the “smart” website reporters will like the Strategy but Phoenix is a dark timeline version of the results of tanking for sure. How many years of young players getting frustrated with sucking do they have to put up with and they still lose to a team that doesn’t have it’s preseason top 5 players at home. I don’t mind Drummond gone and the mercenaries. This year makes sense but some teams live in this zone of suck for a decade. Fingers crossed it’s not the Pistons.

Absolutely true.

Tanking to get better draft picks makes sense, but it’s not a substitute for drafting and developing well.

The Suns have undeniably whiffed on some picks in addition to their other issues.

The Suns are one of the worst run franchises in any sport. The owner trades picks and talented young players away for cash or nothing. (Like the 30th pick in the draft. Good job Pistons!)

IT, Dragic, TJ warren just recently, traded just to get rid of them.

If winning at PHO stops the Pistons from getting a Top 3, how is that a good thing?

Its a joke playing Drose 30 minutes and giving him 24 shots. Tony snell 30 minutes. Choices like those are the ones that ruin franchises and its been going on for a decade with the Pistons.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#43 » by Canadafan » Sun Mar 1, 2020 3:56 pm

God I hope the European guy we traded our 30th pick for turns into a better player than Porter. Hate the woulda coulda shoulda

Return to Detroit Pistons