ImageImageImage

Who is your starting 5 in 20/21 opener?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Re: Who is your starting 5 in 20/21 opener? 

Post#61 » by 440BB » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Assuming our pick(s) will be on the bench to start the year and we only sign Henson and Wood, keeping cap space available:

Blake/Henson/King
Wood/Patton
Snell/Sekou
Svi/Kennard/Thomas
Brown/Rose/Bone

One factor for me is that I saw Rose and Kennard work well but Rose rarely passed to Svi when they were on the court together. I see Henson floating between backup PF and C, while Sekou will float between PF and SF. Svi can also function at SF if needed.

King, Patton, Bone and Thomas should see minutes due to injuries and limits on Blake and Rose. After the trade deadline we should see enough of them to make decisions going forward. Fingers crossed that Sekou gets the attitude and maturity to realize much of his potential.

Keeping Kennard and Rose together should showcase their skills and enhance their trade value at the deadline. I expect moving Blake to be almost impossible this season. Sorry to see Hall end up with the Nets as it reduces our chances of signing him as a cheap developing free agent.

It will be interesting to see who's in the starting lineup after the trade deadline. Hopefully it's mostly developing youngsters and tank worthy. With one more top ten pick in 2021 we should have a decent foundation for a successful team.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#62 » by chrbal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:43 pm

jakebernat wrote:
chrbal wrote:Kings trade is not horrible, I can’t see how the Philadelphia trade helps us

Horford is the kinda player where all it would take is a new team/situation to remind everyone of how good he actually is. he’s still a very good player. he’s just a horrible fit with philly with a bloated contract. his value would increase immensely with us, and philly also has a warchest of draft assets.

I really don’t think they should look to add anyone that helps the team in the short term, we would just be doing what got us into this mess.

Horford helps us win a few more games, but hurts any chance of actually fixing the pistons issues
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#63 » by jakebernat » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:41 pm

chrbal wrote:
jakebernat wrote:
chrbal wrote:Kings trade is not horrible, I can’t see how the Philadelphia trade helps us

Horford is the kinda player where all it would take is a new team/situation to remind everyone of how good he actually is. he’s still a very good player. he’s just a horrible fit with philly with a bloated contract. his value would increase immensely with us, and philly also has a warchest of draft assets.

I really don’t think they should look to add anyone that helps the team in the short term, we would just be doing what got us into this mess.

Horford helps us win a few more games, but hurts any chance of actually fixing the pistons issues

I understand your point completely. my justification for this kinda move is more “buy low, sell high”. if we can gain good assets for taking on his contract and turn him into an asset himself in a year or two, then that’s a move that we should consider.

and also, people who think we’re going to intentionally bottom out are going to be disappointed. I don’t get an SVG vibe from this front office, but there’s definitely gonna be some “winning culture” moves being made.

Return to Detroit Pistons