ImageImageImage

Nets want to use young talent in trade for 3rd star - Blake???

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Re: Nets want to use young talent in trade for 3rd star - Blake??? 

Post#21 » by Spider156 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:05 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:I'd rather have Levert from them. I''m surprised that didn't trade him already frankly. Once KD is in the line up CL's minutes are gonna drop.

The only deal that really works is Levert, Dinwiddie, and Allen for Blake. I’m not sure if they would go for that deal or not. Leverts deal is longer than Blake’s and Dinwiddie would for sure opt out along with having to potentially pay Allen to keep him. I mean it just might work for the Nets if Blake is actually cleared to play in the summer.

Why would Dinwiddie leave? We don't have a point guard, he can start. We were in rumors about getting him. It's a different front office and coaching than SVGs. I think that trade is lopsided though. I don't think Blake can get you that return. We'd be lucky to get Levert and Dinwiddie let alone Allen.
Defense wins championships
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#22 » by Billl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Spider156 wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:I'd rather have Levert from them. I''m surprised that didn't trade him already frankly. Once KD is in the line up CL's minutes are gonna drop.

The only deal that really works is Levert, Dinwiddie, and Allen for Blake. I’m not sure if they would go for that deal or not. Leverts deal is longer than Blake’s and Dinwiddie would for sure opt out along with having to potentially pay Allen to keep him. I mean it just might work for the Nets if Blake is actually cleared to play in the summer.

Why would Dinwiddie leave? We don't have a point guard, he can start. We were in rumors about getting him. It's a different front office and coaching than SVGs. I think that trade is lopsided though. I don't think Blake can get you that return. We'd be lucky to get Levert and Dinwiddie let alone Allen.

Why would he opt out? He's making $11 mil per year. I think he would get more as a FA than that.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#23 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:27 pm

Billl wrote:
Spider156 wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:

Why would he opt out? He's making $11 mil per year. I think he would get more as a FA than that.

I think Dinwiddle would opt out because I think that he could make more like 4/60 on a long term deal. He’s still young enough for one last solid contract as a productive sixth man.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#24 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:45 pm

How do we get Donovan Mitchell if he ends up wanting out?
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#25 » by Spider156 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:18 pm

MotownMadness wrote:How do we get Donovan Mitchell if he ends up wanting out?

He won't end up wanting out and he's a max contract now so he's not worth as much as he was as a rookie. Sure we should've drafted him but at this point it doesn't matter. He's a max contract now.
Defense wins championships
pistons4ever
Junior
And1: 108

Post#26 » by pistons4ever » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Only hypothetical....
1st.
If we could trade our top5 pick and kennard for donovan mitchell or devin booker....would you do it and who would you rather rather have?

2nd
Would you trade the pick too if we would have the top pick??? Or would you look After another Player than?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#27 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:13 am

pistons4ever wrote:Only hypothetical....
1st.
If we could trade our top5 pick and kennard for donovan mitchell or devin booker....would you do it and who would you rather rather have?

2nd
Would you trade the pick too if we would have the top pick??? Or would you look After another Player than?

I mean if its our pick and Kennard that would be hard to pass on. Mitchell isnt a superstar or anything but hes a proven 23 year old avg 24,4,and 4.

I would do it, having him and Wood both around the same age would be pretty cool.

Return to Detroit Pistons