Post#21 » by Global Game » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:18 am

Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Re: Weaver in place. Now what? THE REBUILD 

Post#22 » by Global Game » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:20 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Global Game wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Wiseman scares me, too many Drummond vibes to build around with his game based off natural gifts and a reported bad motor. We need something new to build around besides that type again in my opinion.

Wood is a better version of Toppin where he just Dunks everything and shoots the 3 efficiently.

Haliburton would be a nice choice depending where we pick and would actually compliment a guy like Kennard if he was the choice.

I think we need one of Hayes, Edwards, Okoro or Okongwu.

None of the players in this draft are build around guys.

No top five all time at their position.
No takeover at least three games in a 7 game series type talent guys.

Magic, Jordan, Isiah, Bird - you could see their feel for the game in college first year.

Haliburton (shooting, assisting, defense) has shown the most potential to have the biggest impact.
Excellent feel for the game.

Disagree, while i still see the bust potential in Edwards he has shown at times his ability to take over as a 3 level scorer. Dude needs to chill with the contested 3s but he definitely has big potential. Right now its either he goes off like a star or clanks everything with dumb shots. But if he gets more efficient or wiser with his shot selection then he can be really good.

I didn't say he didn't have 3 level scorer potential.

His overall feel for the game does not resemble a #1 franchise player you build around.
#1's have the tangibles and the intangibles.

Edwards overall game has shown him to be a DeMar Derozan, JR Smith, Victor Oladipo, or Donovan Mitchell.

No total package shades of Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Isiah
You build around players like this. Everybody else are pieces.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#23 » by Pharaoh » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am

Global Game wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Global Game wrote:
None of the players in this draft are build around guys.

No top five all time at their position.
No takeover at least three games in a 7 game series type talent guys.

Magic, Jordan, Isiah, Bird - you could see their feel for the game in college first year.

Haliburton (shooting, assisting, defense) has shown the most potential to have the biggest impact.
Excellent feel for the game.

Disagree, while i still see the bust potential in Edwards he has shown at times his ability to take over as a 3 level scorer. Dude needs to chill with the contested 3s but he definitely has big potential. Right now its either he goes off like a star or clanks everything with dumb shots. But if he gets more efficient or wiser with his shot selection then he can be really good.

I didn't say he didn't have 3 level scorer potential.

His overall feel for the game does not resemble a #1 franchise player you build around.
#1's have the tangibles and the intangibles.

Edwards overall game has shown him to be a DeMar Derozan, JR Smith, Victor Oladipo, or Donovan Mitchell.

No total package shades of Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Isiah
You build around players like this. Everybody else are pieces.
There's no franchise player in this draft apparently and as much as everyone wants to discuss Wiseman or Edwards we're not likely to have a shot at either of them unless we jump up spots.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,753

Post#24 » by theBigLip » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:30 pm

Rebuild is pretty simple.

- Keep our draft picks. Pick BPA.
- Hope that Blake stays healthy and plays very well to start next season. Everyday he does that he becomes more tradeable. Probably can't expect anything until trade deadline and we still may have to take some dead money back. I love Blake's attitude and effort since coming to Detroit but he doesn't fit into a rebuild.
- Sadly, we will need to move Rose as well. He has some serious value with just one year left.
- Lastly, don't blow big long term money on free agents. If we are not ready to compete, we can use our cap space on one year contracts so we continue to have flexibility each summer.

Return to Detroit Pistons