ImageImageImage

NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

User avatar
The Moose
Head Coach
Posts: 6,485
And1: 2,744
Joined: Apr 18, 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
   

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#101 » by The Moose » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:07 am

i will take whoever is left out of
1. Ball
2. Wiseman
3. Edwards
4. Okoro
5. Hayes
6. Okongwu
7. Avdija
Luka Doncic and Cedi Osman Fan Club member
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,956
And1: 7,522
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#102 » by ducler » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:28 am

First I was pissed when I saw we were picking 7 instead of 5.
But then I realized that it was not that bad:
1. The only real pick I was interested in was the first for Edwards
2. We'll not have to take the risk on LaMelo
3. It's a bad draft so pick later means a lower salary which will help us to keep maximum flexibility
4. If Hayes is there at 7, that's perfect

Now, I'd honestly be tempted to trade Luke for an additional pick because I don't want to have to pay him big money next offseason as I consider him as a good 6th man for a Playoff team, not more, but he can prove me wrong! Let's trade him to Phoenix for #10 and pick whoever is falling: Avdija, Okoro, Haliburton or Toppin (but very little chance for last one).

As for Rose, I would keep him around part of the year to mentor Hayes, then I'd trade him for a 2021 pick in the 20's.

If someone is ever interested in Blake too and the proposition is correct, let's go.
Image
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 14,924
And1: 1,449
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Fire Ed Stefanski

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#103 » by vege » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:38 am

Pharaoh wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter
No, "we" don't know what it takes!



Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


If anyone know what it takes, it's us old time fans, not this pathetic roster.
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,072
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#104 » by Pharaoh » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:03 am

vege wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter
No, "we" don't know what it takes!



Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


If anyone know what it takes, it's us old time fans, not this pathetic roster.
That depends if you're a old time poster that still believes defense is the way forward.

That's just not gonna work in the league today.

Then again you can't replicate what GSW, LAC, LAL or HOU have done with inferior talent either.

The team we end up building will largely depend on who our foundation studs are. And right now we don't have any.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 14,924
And1: 1,449
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Fire Ed Stefanski

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#105 » by vege » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
The team we end up building will largely depend on who our foundation studs are. And right now we don't have any.

Sent from my SM-A520F using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75835]RealGM mobile app


I believe every fan agree with that.
User avatar
King Bugs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,511
And1: 218
Joined: Oct 18, 2006
   

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#106 » by King Bugs » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:41 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter


:roll:

I can't wait until this injury prone, no defense playing, t-rex armed bust is no longer on the roster.
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,072
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#107 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:00 am

Anyone looked at Markus Howard? Where is he projected to be drafted?

Other than his height what's the issue with this guy?

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Canadafan
Veteran
Posts: 2,673
And1: 881
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
       

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#108 » by Canadafan » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:04 am

Soooo.....when's the draft?
Billl
Veteran
Posts: 2,624
And1: 1,080
Joined: Sep 06, 2013

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#109 » by Billl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:15 pm

It's going to be such a weird draft year. No combine. No long list of individual workouts to speculate about. Hopefully the scouting staff did a good job pre-lockdown, because it would be hard to play catchup now. Obviously there is tape on everyone, but it's hard to see all the intangibles from that.
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 18,135
And1: 523
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#110 » by chrbal » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Anyone looked at Markus Howard? Where is he projected to be drafted?

Other than his height what's the issue with this guy?

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


Mid 2nd round. Just kind of seems like Boston’s carsen edwards. Upside seems like Eddie House.
Plus he’s a 4 year college player, so the perceived upside is lessened.

I feel like he goes 35-45 to a team with multiple 2nds
SamFlow
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 106
Joined: Feb 21, 2001
     

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#111 » by SamFlow » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:14 pm

The more I see it, and I don't know who originally floated the name Kira Lewis, but he reminds me of a less offensive Ja Morant... his style of play. Actually like him alot. And could get a little lower.

Attack mode, plays under control. Allows bpa with a higher pick. Still would require getting another pick.
BigDaddyJungle
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 29,650
And1: 16,948
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#112 » by MotownMadness » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:53 pm

SamFlow wrote:The more I see it, and I don't know who originally floated the name Kira Lewis, but he reminds me of a less offensive Ja Morant... his style of play. Actually like him alot. And could get a little lower.

Attack mode, plays under control. Allows bpa with a higher pick. Still would require getting another pick.

From what I read about him is hes so quick he actually gets a bit out of control, driving to the rim anyways. I dont know much about him though so that's just what I read.

But i definitely want a guy like that with a quick first step who can get to the rim at the point.
rmfc
Analyst
Posts: 3,456
And1: 738
Joined: Jul 19, 2009
     

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#113 » by rmfc » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Tyrese Haliburton vs Killian Hayes

On draft day, these 2 may be available when it's the Pistons time to make the pick. Which one of those two players would be your choice and why?
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 29,650
And1: 16,948
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#114 » by MotownMadness » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:40 pm

rmfc wrote:Tyrese Haliburton vs Killian Hayes

On draft day, these 2 may be available when it's the Pistons time to make the pick. Which one of those two players would be your choice and why?

I like Killian Hayes, I just feel hes going to be a bit more of a high scorer and better shot creator with a all around game. Kinda like a Goran Dragic type of player.

Haliburton is probably the better player right now though and will be a mini triple double threat. He just has a funky although efficient release but it goes in as a spot up shooter. Hes just not much of a shot creator or has much burst.
davidvolumes
Junior
Posts: 392
And1: 120
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#115 » by davidvolumes » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Our new GM has the reputation of being an outstanding Talent evaluator. The person that I am most interested in his opinion of is Jordan bone. Bone is an outstanding athlete and super quick. He is not necessarily A take you off the dribble with a lot of Bounce to his game. But he is a handful in the pick-and-roll. I am interested in his progress from last year's to this year. I wonder how Troy Weaver views Jordan bone. I am not certain Halliburton or Hayes is an upgrade over Jordan bone. A side point is I would love if we could trade Luke and pick up Vassell or Aaron Nesmith. Nesmith shooting opens the floor players like Bone, who plays without alot of bounce but has speed to burn.
.
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,072
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#116 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:30 pm

chrbal wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Anyone looked at Markus Howard? Where is he projected to be drafted?

Other than his height what's the issue with this guy?

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


Mid 2nd round. Just kind of seems like Boston’s carsen edwards. Upside seems like Eddie House.
Plus he’s a 4 year college player, so the perceived upside is lessened.

I feel like he goes 35-45 to a team with multiple 2nds
Kinda crazy to think that if Howard was 6'2" to 6'7" he's a probably a Lotto pick.

At 35-45 I'd take a flyer on him for sure

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,072
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#117 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:31 pm

SamFlow wrote:The more I see it, and I don't know who originally floated the name Kira Lewis, but he reminds me of a less offensive Ja Morant... his style of play. Actually like him alot. And could get a little lower.

Attack mode, plays under control. Allows bpa with a higher pick. Still would require getting another pick.
As bad as people are saying this Draft is I'm seeing guys right throughout that peak my interest.

Lewis is one of them

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 18,135
And1: 523
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#118 » by chrbal » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
chrbal wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Anyone looked at Markus Howard? Where is he projected to be drafted?

Other than his height what's the issue with this guy?

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


Mid 2nd round. Just kind of seems like Boston’s carsen edwards. Upside seems like Eddie House.
Plus he’s a 4 year college player, so the perceived upside is lessened.

I feel like he goes 35-45 to a team with multiple 2nds
Kinda crazy to think that if Howard was 6'2" to 6'7" he's a probably a Lotto pick.

At 35-45 I'd take a flyer on him for sure

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app


I’ve seen him go pretty much anywhere in the 2nd. I feel like if this was a normal draft year, he’d be kill in a workout and go late 1st to a playoff team looking for a niche player.

I’m not blown away, but I get the interest.
mattao313
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,633
And1: 2,599
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
       

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#119 » by mattao313 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:26 pm

SamFlow wrote:The more I see it, and I don't know who originally floated the name Kira Lewis, but he reminds me of a less offensive Ja Morant... his style of play. Actually like him alot. And could get a little lower.

Attack mode, plays under control. Allows bpa with a higher pick. Still would require getting another pick.

He looks good but he's a little small like Brandon Jennings, will he be able to finish around the rim consistently? Also will he get abused on defense?
Championships
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,072
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#120 » by Pharaoh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:48 am

Was thinking about the defensive end for Lewis and/or Howard but then realised you're not really allowed to guard anyone anyway lol

More about staying in front of them, hand up to contest and that's about it.

The more I look at the Draft class the more interested I am tbh

Stated months ago I wanna deal Luke to Phoenix for #10.

I think on Draft Day it'll be possible to deal Rose for at least a late first, absorb a late first as part of a salary dump or just straight up buy one!

Having multiple picks gives us the opportunity to swing for the fences and lock a kid up for 2 years at worst, 7 years at best.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons