ImageImageImage

Trade pick #7 to GSW for #2 to draft Lamelo Ball?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Re: Trade pick #7 to GSW for #2 to draft Lamelo Ball? 

Post#61 » by Drwho17 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:13 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:
I hope I am wrong, but I fear that the problem is deeper. I think about his background, the fact he came to France at 9 with his mother and sisters, but not with his father. I don't know why he came here, but then he showed some matters with authority (fired from INSEP and U20 France).

Man your kinda scaring me. Casey said something about a few times throughout the season. Something like " I dont understand the kid and why he's not having the time of his life in his situation and just enjoying life" probably not exactly what he said cause I cant remember it that well but still it's kinda sounding like a trend.

1) If he really doesn't understand, I don't understand why he is a NBA head coach
2) Saying it to journalists is a disaster
3) did Pistons understand who they drafted?

I doubt they new a whole lot about him, being a Frenchie and all, plus I don't think they projected him as one of the players expected to be available at 15, so they may not have focused on him as in-depth as others expected to be available at 15.

Where the Pistons really blew it was trading away that #30 pick for nothing, the future would look a little better with KPJ on the team.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#62 » by TB » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:48 pm

Curious what Piston fans think of the following 2 trade ideas:

- #2 and Looney for #7 and Kennard

or, if #2 just really isn't someone you're after...

- GSW 2021 1st round pick and Looney for Kennard and future 2nd rounder
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#63 » by NotACat » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:55 pm

TB wrote:Curious what Piston fans think of the following 2 trade ideas:

Second deal isn't worth it unless GSW is sending the Minnesota pick.

As for the first, it's only worth it if Detroit has identified "their guy" and 100% believe he won't make it to 7.
Black Lives Matter
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#64 » by TB » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:54 pm

NotACat wrote:

Second deal isn't worth it unless GSW is sending the Minnesota pick.

As for the first, it's only worth it if Detroit has identified "their guy" and 100% believe he won't make it to 7.

Thought you might say that about the Minny pick 8-) . While I want Kennard on Warriors, I wouldn't give up that potentially great asset for him. Don't think Warriors front office would either.

Agree on the 2020 trade down. Personally hoping Detroit does fall in love with someone at #2, since i'd love Kennard on Dubs and the players I like in the draft most might be available at 7 (Poku, Okongwu, Okoro, Haliburton).

Thanks for response!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#65 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:05 pm

I really want to pair up Hayes and Sekou, so if we know hes not making it to 7 then i would be willing to sacrifice Kennard to get him.

I just think Hayes would be a good franchise PG for us for a long time.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#66 » by Pharaoh » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:39 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

I really want to pair up Hayes and Sekou, so if we know hes not making it to 7 then i would be willing to sacrifice Kennard to get him.

I just think Hayes would be a good franchise PG for us for a long time.
I'd do the first trade and take Wiseman at 2. Combining him with Wood gives us a really interesting F/C combo long term.

Leaves a massive hole on the perimeter though and in that case I'd be terrified the organisation throws money at FVV and pushes for a low seed.

The more I look into these draft prospects the happier I am to be at 7 and the more I want to trade Luke for a pick in the 8-20 range.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#67 » by Crymson » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:16 am

Maybe, depending on what the market for Kennard is elsewhere. I wouldn't want Looney; Kennard could simply fold into Golden State's trade exception.

Not a chance. Golden State is likely to be a top-ten team next season, so that first-round pick won't be worth much. Looney has no value to the Pistons.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#68 » by Crymson » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:21 am

Pharaoh wrote:]I'd do the first trade and take Wiseman at 2. Combining him with Wood gives us a really interesting F/C combo long term.

Leaves a massive hole on the perimeter though and in that case I'd be terrified the organisation throws money at FVV and pushes for a low seed.

I'm really confused at the sentiments I see around here about loading the frontcourt. The folly of that strategy was apparent well before the fabulously stupid decision to do so with Griffin and Drummond. Additionally, Wood is a much better fit at center than at power forward. No team that gives him significant money is likely to do so with the aim of playing him at power forward. Whatever the case, center is currently the last priority for the Pistons.

The perimeter indeed would remain an issue in your scenario, but so would the roster's horrible weakness on the wing. The wing is the single most important area. It's no coincidence that the Pistons have had nobody of note there in a long time.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Post#69 » by flow » Tue Mar 2, 2021 5:49 pm

flow wrote:I wouldn't take Melo Ball at #2, much less trade up to #2 for him.

Ball has proven me wrong.

He's already better as a rookie than I expected he could be. He's so comfortable out there, and runs the point quite well. Great floor vision. His passing/selflessness has been impressive. And he's getting to the rim & scoring the ball with relative ease. Stud.

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#70 » by DBC10 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:34 pm

If he continues this and runs away easily with ROTY, then he has completely exceeded my expectations. I'll gladly admit I was wrong on this one

And the the thing that is more surprising, the Hornets actually are...relevant and competitive? They're currently among the most watched (youtube views are crazy) and a media darling due to LaMelo's success
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#71 » by vic » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:35 am

Yeah, guys on here made fun of me for saying he's a generational talent... but he is when it comes to passing.

Instantly changes a team. 6'8 pg

And hes doing all this with 2 other quality pgs in the top 6. Imagine if he was just tossed the keys like Luka/Trey.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,927

Post#72 » by Uncle Mxy » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:08 am

He's made the big time.

Return to Detroit Pistons