ImageImageImage

Trade pick #7 to GSW for #2 to draft Lamelo Ball?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Trade pick #7 to GSW for #2 to draft Lamelo Ball? 

Post#21 » by Pharaoh » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:58 am

We don't have a lot of assets to trade.

Luke - 8-18 pick in this Draft + maybe a minor salary coming back.

Rose - late first (20-30) in the 2020 or 2021 Draft + maybe a minor salary coming back.

Snell - expiring vet might return some kind of draft asset (late 1st or early 2nd) if we took back a 2 year deal so that team clears an additional 12 mil for 2021 free agency.

Guys like Sekou, Svi, Brown and our own 2020 pick I doubt are on the table.

All that said:

Luke to Phoenix for #10 if Vassell is there. Discussed this idea enough

Rose to New York for DSJ, Knox and #8. The Thibs/Rose reunion sequel, Knicks would in theory be clearing 8 mil off their books for 2021 free agency. Cost of clearing that space is #8.

We take on 2 young dudes that may or may not suck and surprise everyone by taking Vassell at #8 then land Okongwu at #10

Snell to Portland for Ariza and #16. In theory Blazers clear 12mil off their 2021 cap number - give up a mid teen pick in a weak Draft to do so:

MIN - Wiseman
GSW - Edwards
CHA - Obi
CHI - Ball
CLE - Deni
ATL - Hayes
DET - Okoro
DET - Vassell
WAS - Haliburton
DET - Okongwu
SAS - Nesmith
SAC - Archiuwa
NOP - Bey
BOS - Pat Williams
ORL - Lewis
DET - Poku

Come out of the Draft with:

Wood, Poku, Patton
Blake Okongwu, Ariza
Sekou, Svi, Knox
Okoro, Vassell, Thomas
Brown, DSJ, Bone

Tank you very much

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#22 » by stylesofpunk » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:05 pm

If we are just throwing our trades why not

Blake
Thomas

For

DSJ
Knox
Randle
Ellington

Knicks get a "star" to go alongside Barrett and Robinson

Pistons move on from Griffin but get DSJ who could help make Rose expendable if Pistons go with someone like Hayes at 7. They take a flyer on Knox. They get Randle who can be a service leader big man for a year and only 4 mil of his 19 is guaranteed after this year. Ellington is a expiring and if we dont flip him at work is a shooter or the bench. Semi early 2nd rd pick to add more youth and take a chance on someone
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#23 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Manocad wrote:
Uncle Mxy wrote:Sure, right after I gouge Manocad's eye out with a dull spoon.
Glad to see you're willing to make that sacrifice over a silly pick. Manocad. :)

And leave me eyeless? Cold, man. Just cold.

He said "eye", so you would still have the other

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#24 » by Manocad » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Uncle Mxy wrote:Sure, right after I gouge Manocad's eye out with a dull spoon.
Glad to see you're willing to make that sacrifice over a silly pick. Manocad. :)

And leave me eyeless? Cold, man. Just cold.

He said "eye", so you would still have the other

I already gouged that one out first
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#25 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:24 am

I don't understand the idea ...

I mean that LaMelo flew and hided in a weak australian team. So OK, he has talent, no matter with this, but he could play in NCCA and facing other prospects, or playing in Europe, or even in Australian league in a real team like RJ Hampton did, but he chose the place that he could make stats safely, regardless the record. Would you really make a trade to pick him? More over, you may have Hayes who did not hide last year and went to a foreign country that he didn't know the language, and had responsabilities into Eurocup. If Hayes not available, you could have an other interesting PG (that is essentially a draft for point guards) or making a trade after draft.

But a trade for a selfish and "coward" player, you don't really need this ...
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#26 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 am

a-French-Fan wrote:I don't understand the idea ...

I mean that LaMelo flew and hided in a weak australian team. So OK, he has talent, no matter with this, but he could play in NCCA and facing other prospects, or playing in Europe, or even in Australian league in a real team like RJ Hampton did, but he chose the place that he could make stats safely, regardless the record. Would you really make a trade to pick him? More over, you may have Hayes who did not hide last year and went to a foreign country that he didn't know the language, and had responsabilities into Eurocup. If Hayes not available, you could have an other interesting PG (that is essentially a draft for point guards) or making a trade after draft.

Edit: The right french PG for Sekou is not Hayes but Ntilikina IMO. So trade your pick for Ntilikina, with Knicks it doesn't cost to try ^^

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#27 » by MotownMadness » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:25 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:

Edit: The right french PG for Sekou is not Hayes but Ntilikina IMO. So trade your pick for Ntilikina, with Knicks it doesn't cost to try ^^

Ntilikina doesn't hold that type of value. We pretty much have the same type of player in Bruce Brown. If they want to talk 2nd round picks or something then fine but the 7th overall pick is a definite no go.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,609

Post#28 » by Snakebites » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:05 pm

I wasn’t sold on Lonzo being the guy even if we ended up high enough to get him.

Nor really interested in giving up assets. Plus I don’t think we have the right assets.
pistons4ever
Junior
And1: 107

Post#29 » by pistons4ever » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Pick 7 Plus lithuanian guy for lonzo ball
Kennard and snell for gary harris and pick Denver (tillman)
RESIGN Wood
Sign the best Shooter available at sf or Big sg

Wood Patton Maker?
Griffin Tillman
Sekou Svi
Harris Brown Thomas
Ball Rose Bone
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#30 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:20 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:

Ntilikina doesn't hold that type of value. We pretty much have the same type of player in Bruce Brown. If they want to talk 2nd round picks or something then fine but the 7th overall pick is a definite no go.

However, Sékou needs some help in his personnal life (his agents fired him, the one who brought him to basketball could not speak to him during lockdown etc ...), and Ntilikina could really help him.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#31 » by Drwho17 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:10 pm

pistons4ever wrote:Pick 7 Plus lithuanian guy for lonzo ball
Kennard and snell for gary harris and pick Denver (tillman)
RESIGN Wood
Sign the best Shooter available at sf or Big sg

Wood Patton Maker?
Griffin Tillman
Sekou Svi
Harris Brown Thomas
Ball Rose Bone

Good thoughts, but I think the Pistons are giving up too much on each of those deals.

Ball is in the same situation as Kennard, going to need a new contract next year.
Kennard > Gary Harris and Harris has is due a couple more years at 20 Million and Denver needs salary relief, we would need more than a late first round pick to absorb Harris.
JohnReese
Senior
And1: 270

Post#32 » by JohnReese » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Take Wiggins and you got a deal. No extra pieces needed.

The Warriors got no interest in the salary of a 2#. You save more than 3 milions.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#33 » by chrbal » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:46 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:

You’re saying trade the 7th for Ntilinkina?
Nooooo no no no. No. He’s ok, but he’s more the guy you take a chance on . Not rely on
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#34 » by dVs33 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:33 pm

Ball didn't pick which team he went to in the nbl. He signed with the league as part of their "new star" program and the league assigned him a team. Same with Hampton.

a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#35 » by a-French-Fan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:20 pm

chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:

Nooooo no no no. No. He’s ok, but he’s more the guy you take a chance on . Not rely on

It depends, do you have a solution for Sékou?

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#36 » by a-French-Fan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 pm

dVs33 wrote:Ball didn't pick which team he went to in the nbl. He signed with the league as part of their "new star" program and the league assigned him a team. Same with Hampton.

Ok, sorry. BTW if you pretend to be 1st pick, you do not go to australian League.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#37 » by chrbal » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:

What is in the issue?
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#38 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:09 am

MotownMadness wrote:Rose+Kennard and #7
For
Wiggins and #2

Only if Edwards is there

That deal is terrible on so many levels. I’d trade Wiggins/2 for Rose and Snell but that’s about it. Wiggins is such a huge negative.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#39 » by MotownMadness » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:26 am

DetroitDon15 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Rose+Kennard and #7
For
Wiggins and #2

Only if Edwards is there

That deal is terrible on so many levels. I’d trade Wiggins/2 for Rose and Snell but that’s about it. Wiggins is such a huge negative.

I would do it if Edwards Is there. Wiggins contract does suck but at least hes young and productive on the money (just not as impactful as his raw stats) while we just rebuild.

Would look really bad if Edwards bust and were stuck overpaying Wiggins but if he reaches his potential and turns into a Mitchell type then it's well worth it to get a young franchise guy.

Wouldn't do it for Ball or Wiseman though and anything else we can address at 7 anyways.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#40 » by MotownMadness » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:33 am

chrbal wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:
chrbal wrote: You’re saying trade the 7th for Ntilinkina?

What is in the issue?

I think hes trying to find another Frenchman too help Sekou feel more comfortable. I like the thought and that's probably another incentive to why Hayes will be the pick if hes there I'm sure but trading a 7th pick for Ntlikina too just have a French connection is a awful idea that no sane GM would ever do.

Pretty sure I read knicks were trying to get a couple second rounders for him before last season. He is a nice defensive asset but I dont think he adds anything more than a guy like Brown who shares the same strengths as a guard.

Return to Detroit Pistons