ImageImageImage

Official Trades and Transactions thread

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Re: Official Trades and Transactions thread 

Post#21 » by flow » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:10 pm

TurboTitan wrote:I know theres a big cliche about true Detroit made players (Lambieer, Sheed, Zeke etc) and Kuzma could not be further from that mould lmaoo

He's a lot closer to it than Drummond and RJ were.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#22 » by MotownMadness » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Now, with the Lakers in a much different position, coming off a championship and measuring what it will take to remain a contender as other teams around the league improve, Rose is again a focal point. And with some pressure to act, both the Lakers and the Pistons might be pushed into finding common ground on a trade.

“I think both sides were reluctant when they went into in January, February,” one general manager told Heavy.com. “I don’t think the Lakers wanted to make a major move because they thought they could do something on the buyout market. And I don’t think the Pistons wanted to make a major move because Derrick was happy there. You know, the Lakers wanted to be involved in case the Clippers got involved or someone else, the Bucks or the Nuggets, whoever.

So there was interest but not too serious. Now, everything has shifted a little. Now, they’re both in a position to where a deal is much more likely now.” 1 day ago – via Sean Deveney @ Heavy.com
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#23 » by SamFlow » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Woods MLE for Golden State 9 mil or Detroit at 12 mil. Tight call. I'd offer woods 12 to start. Probably offer him 15 with de escalating contract myself.
BigDaddyJungle
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#24 » by DBC10 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Now, with the Lakers in a much different position, coming off a championship and measuring what it will take to remain a contender as other teams around the league improve, Rose is again a focal point. And with some pressure to act, both the Lakers and the Pistons might be pushed into finding common ground on a trade.

“I think both sides were reluctant when they went into in January, February,” one general manager told Heavy.com. “I don’t think the Lakers wanted to make a major move because they thought they could do something on the buyout market. And I don’t think the Pistons wanted to make a major move because Derrick was happy there. You know, the Lakers wanted to be involved in case the Clippers got involved or someone else, the Bucks or the Nuggets, whoever.

So there was interest but not too serious. Now, everything has shifted a little. Now, they’re both in a position to where a deal is much more likely now.” 1 day ago – via Sean Deveney @ Heavy.com

I could see both LA teams making moves for Rose. I'd say let them fight over him, to drive up the value even higher. It's too bad neither teams have any 1st round picks in the upcoming years(?)
TurboTitan
Starter
And1: 1,936

Post#25 » by TurboTitan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 am

man i hope im wrong but i dont think wood is gonna cost any less than 18m
“We don't see ourselves as All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.” ~SHEED
TurboTitan
Starter
And1: 1,936

Post#26 » by TurboTitan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:33 am

so did anyone tune into Woods ig live? he asked his followers where he should sign next year...
“We don't see ourselves as All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.” ~SHEED
TPA
Senior
And1: 467

Post#27 » by TPA » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:22 am

TurboTitan wrote:so did anyone tune into Woods ig live? he asked his followers where he should sign next year...

He was only stroking his own ego. His followers aren't busting out those fat contract offers that only a few teams are going to be able to offer him. Players always follow the money.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#28 » by Crymson » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:45 am

SamFlow wrote:Woods MLE for Golden State 9 mil or Detroit at 12 mil. Tight call. I'd offer woods 12 to start. Probably offer him 15 with de escalating contract myself.

His name is Wood.

TurboTitan wrote:man i hope im wrong but i dont think wood is gonna cost any less than 18m

I don't think any team in its right mind would shell out that amount of money for a player with only a single NBA season to his credit, and whose only stretch of remarkable effectiveness was a short period during which he put up good stats on an awful team.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#29 » by Pharaoh » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 am

Knicks could offer 15 mil +

You never know what they'll do - new GM or not.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#30 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Crymson wrote:
SamFlow wrote:Woods MLE for Golden State 9 mil or Detroit at 12 mil. Tight call. I'd offer woods 12 to start. Probably offer him 15 with de escalating contract myself.

His name is Wood.

TurboTitan wrote:man i hope im wrong but i dont think wood is gonna cost any less than 18m

I don't think any team in its right mind would shell out that amount of money for a player with only a single NBA season to his credit, and whose only stretch of remarkable effectiveness was a short period during which he put up good stats on an awful team.

Wood has always had the impact he finally got in bigger numbers while starting. His per36 numbers have always leaned that way along with most other advanced stats. Most fans on realgm have always thought of him as a hidden gem type.

He doesn't do anything crazy like create offense or playmaking, he just dunks it over whoever or takes the open 3 when there.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#31 » by rmfc » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:48 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Crymson wrote:

His name is Wood.

Wood has always had the impact he finally got in bigger numbers while starting. His per36 numbers have always leaned that way along with most other advanced stats. Most fans on realgm have always thought of him as a hidden gem type.

He doesn't do anything crazy like create offense or playmaking, he just dunks it over whoever or takes the open 3 when there.

Agreed. I really like what Wood brings to the team but we are not sure, yet, if he can do it consistently (as in, more than a single season). Pistons should re-sign him at a reasonable price (13-15M sound fair).
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#32 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:01 pm

TurboTitan wrote:so did anyone tune into Woods ig live? he asked his followers where he should sign next year...

It's kinda disrespectful seeing as we were the ones to finally give him a legit shot to get paid. I actually do think he wants to go to a team that's at least a playoff team seeing as he tweeted "I want to win".
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#33 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:02 pm

I think wood goes in a sign and trade to some playoff team.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#34 » by vic » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Do not let Rose go without a 1st round pick. Rose can deliver anything you need at anytime on the offensive side of the court.
He is older but he still has tremendous value, he cannot be let go without a first rounder!

I can’t be mad at Wood for betting on himself... he’s been played shady by several teams giving him the short end of the stick over and over again... plus the Pistons are playing the same games with him acting like they don’t need him. I can’t be mad at him for doing the same.

But they absolutely do need him, he is a modern talent, a 3&D big that is a vertical space maker about to hit his prime he is absolutely a need for the Pistons. He’s a poor mans AD and actually the closest thing style wise to AD in this league. Not saying he’s anything close to AD’s level... but he plays more similarly to AD than anyone else in the league right now.

They will need him or someone like him to compete in the future. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#35 » by Crymson » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Knicks could offer 15 mil +

One never knows with the Knicks and the Hornets.

Either way, I wouldn't be broken up to see him go. I'm iffy on his attitude, and the Pistons are trying to lose games. Wood will probably help them win games.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#36 » by jakebernat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:37 pm

with the cryptic Instagram live stream wood posted and deleted, it’s probably time to consider life without him.

we can’t lose him for nothing though. can golden state use their trade exception in a sign and trade? that #2 pick would be an amazing get for wood to immediately replace him with wiseman.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#37 » by MotownMadness » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:44 pm

jakebernat wrote:with the cryptic Instagram live stream wood posted and deleted, it’s probably time to consider life without him.

we can’t lose him for nothing though. can golden state use their trade exception in a sign and trade? that #2 pick would be an amazing get for wood to immediately replace him with wiseman.

No cause the draft is before FA, would have to wait like 45 days I think for whoever their pick is before hes eligible for trade. Kinda like the Cavs had to wait to trade Wiggins for Love.

But Why would Wood wait 45 days through FA on a sign and trade? Basically getting a draft pick this year for him is pretty slim at best.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#38 » by jakebernat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:29 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
jakebernat wrote:with the cryptic Instagram live stream wood posted and deleted, it’s probably time to consider life without him.

No cause the draft is before FA, would have to wait like 45 days I think for whoever their pick is before hes eligible for trade. Kinda like the Cavs had to wait to trade Wiggins for Love.

But Why would Wood wait 45 days through FA on a sign and trade? Basically getting a draft pick this year for him is pretty slim at best.

I could be wrong, but can’t they draft someone while retaining their rights without signing them, allowing them to trade them?
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#39 » by Manocad » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Crymson wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Knicks could offer 15 mil +

One never knows with the Knicks and the Hornets.

Either way, I wouldn't be broken up to see him go. I'm iffy on his attitude, and the Pistons are trying to lose games. Wood will probably help them win games.

Ditto. I have no issue with the “pay me now” ideal but the Pistons aren’t in a state where Wood is going to make or break a rebuild. And it sets a bad precedent if they do it. Wood should get big money from a team needing his skill set to get to the championship level now, and that’s not the Pistons.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#40 » by Billl » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:05 pm

I'm sure wood would like to play for a winner - who wouldn't? Is he going to pass on his first big NBA contract to do that though? I could see him leaving is someone tosses a huge dollar contract at him, but I don't think he's leaving money on the table to join a playoff team.

Return to Detroit Pistons