SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Re: Deividas Sirvydis 

Post#21 » by SamFlow » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:32 pm

pollack419 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like he's coming to the US

The Detroit Pistons draft pick Deividas Sirvydis is leaving Jerusalem on Tuesday, I was confirmed. 20-year old 2.04m shooter is going back to Lithuania, where he'll take off to the US in a few days. Players are allowed to officially sign NBA contracts starting on November 22.

He's going to join the pistons camp. Does that mean he is coming to stay or just coming to get management's eyeballs on him against current players? Could be either.
BigDaddyJungle
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#22 » by BJK1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:34 pm

SamFlow wrote:
pollack419 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Detroit Pistons draft pick Deividas Sirvydis is leaving Jerusalem on Tuesday, I was confirmed. 20-year old 2.04m shooter is going back to Lithuania, where he'll take off to the US in a few days. Players are allowed to officially sign NBA contracts starting on November 22.

He's going to join the pistons camp. Does that mean he is coming to stay or just coming to get management's eyeballs on him against current players? Could be either.

But likely the latter.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,226

Post#23 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:41 pm

BJK1 wrote:
SamFlow wrote:
pollack419 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But likely the latter.

Yup, he was in summer league last year as well. This isn't telling that he will actually sign a contract for next season.
pistonpat
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#24 » by pistonpat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 pm

I am sure Troy wants to see him because he may have been hyped from some people in their front office like Tellum and Polinksy. In addition to Troy putting eyes on him to see what he has, Casey can provide feedback on how he has improved, and lastly, it is a favor for Art to have one of his son's clients in an NBA camp...
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#25 » by MotownMadness » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:12 am

pistonpat wrote:I am sure Troy wants to see him because he may have been hyped from some people in their front office like Tellum and Polinksy. In addition to Troy putting eyes on him to see what he has, Casey can provide feedback on how he has improved, and lastly, it is a favor for Art to have one of his son's clients in an NBA camp...

He was still always projected as a early 2nd round pick if I remember correctly from mocks.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#26 » by Jstock12 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:34 pm

As a Lithuanian, I've been quite disappointed with Sirvydis' stagnation and lack of progress. He used to be the most talented (or at least some people thought that way) player in his age group in Lithuania. But right now, I'm not even sure he's top5 anymore. Both Jokubaitis and Giedraitis are already miles ahead of him. And then there are some players who you could make an argument for (players that were FAR FAR inferior just a few years ago).
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#27 » by Canadafan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:31 pm

Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#28 » by Invictus88 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:01 pm

Canadafan wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2927197-cavs-rumors-kevin-porter-jr-to-be-traded-or-cut-after-locker-room-outburst

After I read that I thought: "maybe we ended up with the better side of the KPJ vs Sirvydis debacle after all" :)
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#29 » by El Chivo » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:35 pm

Is he alive?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#30 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:54 pm

El Chivo wrote:Is he alive?

He’s basically here to practice with the team. I think if it was a normal season, they would have been allocated him to the g league a lot. I still don’t understand why they signed him for this season.

Considering we are already paying Džanan Musa, I would rather have just kept him around for the season and see what happens.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#31 » by vege » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:41 pm

chrbal wrote:

He’s basically here to practice with the team.

Wrong. He's basically here so Arn's son make some money.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#32 » by Manocad » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:05 pm

Care level = 0
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#33 » by ducler » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:50 pm

I'm just curious to see him on the court a bit to know what he can do. It looks like he added some bulk, that's interesting at least. But if he doesn't pan out, no one will care.

I hope he didn't chose #91 only to troll the franchise as 1991 wasn't the greatest year for Pistons franchise...
I also consider Markieff Morris as a troll wearing #88 for us and then for the Lakers...
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#34 » by Kilo » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:07 pm

JLEIII basically said what we've all known - he was drafted and signed as a favor to his agent who just happens to be Arn Tellem's son.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#35 » by 440BB » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:18 pm

I'm hoping Tellem isn't an influence on our player decisions going forward.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
chrbal
RealGM

Post#36 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:28 pm

vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:

He’s basically here to practice with the team.

Uh huh. We all know that. But now that he’s here, what has he been doing? Literally just practicing
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#37 » by Piston Pete » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:36 pm

Kilo wrote:JLEIII basically said what we've all known - he was drafted and signed as a favor to his agent who just happens to be Arn Tellem's son.

I’m gonna have to hire Tellem as an agent. Lol
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#38 » by vege » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:10 pm

chrbal wrote:
vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:He’s basically here to practice with the team.

Uh huh. We all know that. But now that he’s here, what has he been doing? Literally just practicing

He's not here to play, so who cares? He's not a NBA level player and will never be, he's here to collect pay checks for 3 years and give Arn Tellem's son his part and that's it.

Gores is being robbed and we lost a roster spot and a few 2nds so someone who's alread rich get some more money.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#39 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:53 pm

vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:
vege wrote:

He's not here to play, so who cares? He's not a NBA level player and will never be, he's here to collect pay checks for 3 years and give Arn Tellem's son his part and that's it.

Gores is being robbed and we lost a roster spot and a few 2nds so someone who's alread rich get some more money.

And if we stayed at 30 that year, he would’ve been a first round pick.

I don’t think he’s here for much beyond a favor to the tellems and that he happens to have some basketball ability.

I just don’t see the point in caring about it.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#40 » by Invictus88 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 7:09 pm

chrbal wrote:
vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:

And if we stayed at 30 that year, he would’ve been a first round pick.

I don’t think he’s here for much beyond a favor to the tellems and that he happens to have some basketball ability.

I just don’t see the point in caring about it.

Do other teams with legit front offices pull shenanigans like this? Other than to cater to the whims of superstars they've signed? (which we obviously don't have...)

Return to Detroit Pistons