Maybe he’s here to babysit Sekou
15%

Total votes: 81

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Grade the Hayes pick! 

Post#201 » by Pharaoh » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 pm

Many of those people have had a clear agenda since the off-season went the way it did.

Regardless of what's happened since they've managed to find a negative in everything.

Bey goes off and wins us a game? Terrible win! Impacts our draft position.

Bey gets a DNP or less than 15 minutes? We need to play the kids and give them real development time!

We hit on Grant and actually have a guy who wants to be here! Trade him for as many firsts as you can get

FO is stupid, let Wood walk! Imagine our tank with Wood and Grant instead of Plumlee and Grant! If Wood is so good how does he help the tank

The agenda is obvious, has been since Weaver dropped a nuke on the roster and now that Rose & Blake are gone only Sekou & Svi remain.

That's a deliberate, designed effort from.a rookie GM if I ever saw one! Stripped it to the bone and will build as he sees fit.

GBanga3 wrote:

Yo! Kid is 18 years of age, was thrust into the starting lineup of an NBA team with little to no pre-season.

Personally I think the injury (front office possibly do also) is a blessing in disguise. Its just giving him extra time to acclimate to NBA life and learn everything that embodies being a PG in the NBA.

I'm actually thinking about keeping a list of everyone that has labeled him a bust already. I'm going to call it "You owe me a beer from being stupid list"

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#202 » by Moses ShamMoses » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:40 pm

Its funny to me our rookies were drafted in reverse of how good they've been in year 1. How would people feel if we drafted Bey at 7?
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#203 » by Moses ShamMoses » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:48 pm

In hindsight, the Pistons should have brought Hayes along slower just like they've done with Bey and Stewart. He just flat out wasn't ready to be a starting point guard in the NBA. He needed to play against backups before graduating to starters. Who cares if it was easier to manage Rose's minutes off the bench, Casey screwed up.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#204 » by GBanga3 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:38 am

GBanga3 wrote:

Yo! Kid is 18 years of age, was thrust into the starting lineup of an NBA team with little to no pre-season.

Personally I think the injury (front office possibly do also) is a blessing in disguise. Its just giving him extra time to acclimate to NBA life and learn everything that embodies being a PG in the NBA.

I'm actually thinking about keeping a list of everyone that has labeled him a bust already. I'm going to call it "You owe me a beer for being stupid list"
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#205 » by Pharaoh » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:42 am

Is it possible that dropping Hayes into the starting line up Waa a concerted effort by the coaches and FO to show this isn't your old Pistons?

Could have started Rose or Wright but chose not to.

The fact it was stated Hayes would start came so quickly suggests it was by design.
Moses ShamMoses wrote:In hindsight, the Pistons should have brought Hayes along slower just like they've done with Bey and Stewart. He just flat out wasn't ready to be a starting point guard in the NBA. He needed to play against backups before graduating to starters. Who cares if it was easier to manage Rose's minutes off the bench, Casey screwed up.

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#206 » by Piston Pete » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:56 am

I’m holding out hope on Hayes. Kid is young and raw and he seemed to be forcing things early this season. Hope he’s able to learn some in watching Delon this season and looking forward to a smarter, more mature player next season.
GBanga3
Rookie

Post#207 » by GBanga3 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:57 am

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Its funny to me our rookies were drafted in reverse of how good they've been in year 1. How would people feel if we drafted Bey at 7?

Everyone remember the outcry when we drafted Stewart at 16?...... Don't hear a lot from those dudes anymore.

And Pharaoh is right, very hard to make most people happy around here.

Win a game = we should be tanking, lose a game = man we are terrible!

I've said it a few times but I'm loving these guys, just about my fav Pistons since the 04 crew.

And if Hayes turns it around and comes good, Weaver deserves as whole lot of pats on the back.

He hit with Bey, he hit with Stewart, he hit with Grant, he hit with Jackson, he hit with Wright and I personally believe he hit with Plumlee.
He rid us of D Rose and he's trying his best to fix the mistake that was Blake.

Anyone remember a good move our previous GM made?
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#208 » by DetroitSho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 am

GBanga3 wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:Its funny to me our rookies were drafted in reverse of how good they've been in year 1. How would people feel if we drafted Bey at 7?

Everyone remember the outcry when we drafted Stewart at 16?...... Don't hear a lot from those dudes anymore.

I've said it a few times but I'm loving these guys, just about my fav Pistons since the 04 crew.

And if Hayes turns it around and comes good, Weaver deserves as whole lot of pats on the back.

He hit with Bey, he hit with Stewart, he hit with Grant, he hit with Jackson, he hit with Wright and I personally believe he hit with Plumlee.

I'm always confused about the approach taken with your last sentence. Weaver has been great and I'm glad he's the GM despite the village idiots' opinions.

But he's good because he's good, not just in comparison to SVG. SVG has a list of great moves he's made and it'd be disingenuous to act like he didn't do anything good. That's where your last sentence becomes moot.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#209 » by 440BB » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:29 am

Moses ShamMoses wrote:In hindsight, the Pistons should have brought Hayes along slower just like they've done with Bey and Stewart. He just flat out wasn't ready to be a starting point guard in the NBA. He needed to play against backups before graduating to starters. Who cares if it was easier to manage Rose's minutes off the bench, Casey screwed up.

I agree that Hayes should have been in a backup position while adjusting to the speed of an NBA game and working on his own game. If we had a healthy more traditional veteran point guard, that would have been the obvious choice and would be consistent with Casey's approach.

The problem for Casey was Rose's health limitations and style of play. Rose can be lightning in a bottle offensively but just as we saw in the second unit, isn't well suited to a lot of ball movement and strong defense. I suspect Rose preferred being in the second unit where he could be ball dominant and more of a scorer.

Maybe coming back from this injury will necessitate Hayes taking a more natural developmental path, coming off the bench and earning more minutes as his game and athleticism improve. I hope so for everybody's sake.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#210 » by Pharaoh » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:46 am

Weaver deserves credit for a whole load of things people don't want to admit because they brought fire and BS to me all off-season!

But hey, I made a dude's sig cause he thinks he's intelligent and I made a foe list cause some dude can't handle level headed discussion

It's not about hitting on Grant, Jackson, Wright, Stewart, Bey, Plumlee, trading Rose or moving on from Blake.

It's the fact he made Gores forget the playoff mandate, that we didn't blow our cap space on a playoffs or bust idea Gores pushed for years because apparently we'd all suffered enough and the community asset was important or some such nonsense he repeatedly spewed.

Weaver's greatest gift to us, to the franchise was NOT chasing the playoffs and instead he nuked the entire thing and brought in hungry young lions to bring back some work ethic, some pride, some passion.

But some will spin whatever they wanna spin. I've been down since Day One so
GBanga3 wrote:

GBanga3
Rookie

Post#211 » by GBanga3 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:09 am

DetroitSho wrote:
GBanga3 wrote:

I'm always confused about the approach taken with your last sentence. Weaver has been great and I'm glad he's the GM despite the village idiots' opinions.

But he's good because he's good, not just in comparison to SVG. SVG has a list of great moves he's made and it'd be disingenuous to act like he didn't do anything good. That's where your last sentence becomes moot.

Nah my bad.

Its wasn't meant to read as if Weaver is only good because SVG or those prior were bad, more so trying to get people excited by what's happening, not because the past was trash but because our future actually looks exciting.
However I do think a lot of us are damaged from previous management, so much so that we now can't recognize the good work that Weaver is doing. Its like most just naturally refer to whatever is happening as being bad, as we have lost faith.

Also funny how I was just referring to how hard it is to make people happy around here and here you are picking holes in a somewhat positive post haha. I thought the SVG tenure or anything that has gone on since 05-06 was fair game around here.

Hey correct me if I am wrong but I cannot remember too many "great moves" that SVG made. Especially enough to make a list. (haha throw back to Waynes World- "I don't even own A gun" scene).

"A list... a list? Shyeah, Right! I don't even remember one great move, let alone many "great moves" that would necessitate an entire list. What am I gonna do... with a list?

GBanga3
Rookie

Post#212 » by GBanga3 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 am

Pharaoh wrote:Weaver deserves credit for a whole load of things people don't want to admit because they brought fire and BS to me all off-season!

But hey, I made a dude's sig cause he thinks he's intelligent and I made a foe list cause some dude can't handle level headed discussion

It's not about hitting on Grant, Jackson, Wright, Stewart, Bey, Plumlee, trading Rose or moving on from Blake.

It's the fact he made Gores forget the playoff mandate, that we didn't blow our cap space on a playoffs or bust idea Gores pushed for years because apparently we'd all suffered enough and the community asset was important or some such nonsense he repeatedly spewed.

Weaver's greatest gift to us, to the franchise was NOT chasing the playoffs and instead he nuked the entire thing and brought in hungry young lions to bring back some work ethic, some pride, some passion.

GBanga3 wrote:

I'm claiming them as hits because they are hungry (somewhat) young lions that are bringing back some work ethic, some pride, some passion.

I'm with you dude.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#213 » by Pharaoh » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:23 am

Love that scene you posted from Wayne's World!

Been a long time since I've seen that movie.

This most around here suffer PTSD or close to it after the last decade.

Some of us have faith that a new FO can make different choices and are willing to wait and see
GBanga3 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Weaver deserves credit for a whole load of things people don't want to admit because they brought fire and BS to me all off-season!

GBanga3 wrote:

I'm claiming them as hits because they are hungry (somewhat) young lions that are bringing back some work ethic, some pride, some passion.

I'm with you dude.

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#214 » by DetroitSho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 am

GBanga3 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
GBanga3 wrote:

Nah my bad.

Its wasn't meant to read as if Weaver is only good because SVG or those prior were bad, more so trying to get people excited by what's happening, not because the past was trash but because our future actually looks exciting.
However I do think a lot of us are damaged from previous management, so much so that we now can't recognize the good work that Weaver is doing. Its like most just naturally refer to whatever is happening as being bad, as we have lost faith.

Also funny how I was just referring to how hard it is to make people happy around here and here you are picking holes in a somewhat positive post haha. I thought the SVG tenure or anything that has gone on since 05-06 was fair game around here.

Hey correct me if I am wrong but I cannot remember too many "great moves" that SVG made. Especially enough to make a list. (haha throw back to Waynes World- "I don't even own A gun" scene).

"A list... a list? Shyeah, Right! I don't even remember one great move, let alone many "great moves" that would necessitate an entire list. What am I gonna do... with a list?

Hey man we're on the same side for the most part. But if you're being honest you would have to admit the acquisitions of Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris, DJ Augustin, Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith and Aron Baynes were all great underated moves at the time.

Even the almost near trade for Donatas Montiejunas and what's his nuts would've been a slam dunk if DMO was healthy. People also raved about getting Avery Bradley too. He did his fair share of bad but the list is there.

GBanga3
Rookie

Post#215 » by GBanga3 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:26 am

DetroitSho wrote:
GBanga3 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I'm always confused about the approach taken with your last sentence. Weaver has been great and I'm glad he's the GM despite the village idiots' opinions.

Nah my bad.

Hey man we're on the same side for the most part. But if you're being honest you would have to admit the acquisitions of Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris, DJ Augustin, Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith and Aron Baynes were all great underated moves at the time.

Even the almost near trade for Donatas Montiejunas and what's his nuts would've been a slam dunk if DMO was healthy. People also raved about getting Avery Bradley too. He did his fair share of bad but the list is there.

Ohh yeah Ish for sure I enjoyed him being a Piston and being an Aussie I was happy with Baynes, but a lot of the others especially now in hindsight were failures because of what become of them here.... Reggie buyout, Tobias traded along with basically SGA for Blakes injured ass and that contract yada, yada, yada.

But anyway, we cool.

In reality I was just stoked with the opportunity to use the Waynes World gag, so thanks.
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#216 » by ByeByeDre » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:52 am

LMAO
Kp junior
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#217 » by Kp junior » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:33 pm

Killian back looking like Magic in training!

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Hope he’s also practicing dribbling the ball up the court without completely **** his pants however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aad
Starter
And1: 466

Post#218 » by aad » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:13 pm

Can’t wait to see him back on the court he’s gone show people I think the injury helped him slow the game down for him a bit
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#219 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Looking good
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#220 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:21 pm

Read on Twitter