And his range is five feet!?!?!?!?!?
22%

Total votes: 58

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Re: Grade the Stewart pick!!! 

Post#41 » by The Moose » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm

I see no reason why he can’t fill a similar role to what Montrez Harrell does on the clippers, except I think Stewart will extend his range out to the 3
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#42 » by BDM22 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm

I REALLY dislike trading future 1st round picks unless it’s a no-brainer.

This is certainly not one of those.
AnnArborpiston
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#43 » by AnnArborpiston » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:37 pm

BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#44 » by BJK1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Wow. Pretty sure I see what Weaver likes about this kid. He’s got a massive chip on his shoulder:

https://hoopshype.com/2020/10/23/isaiah-stewart-nba-draft-sleepers-washington-huskies/
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#45 » by DBC10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 am

He’s either the next Tony Mitchell or a manimal and Trezz hybrid. I actually don’t mind his height not being the usual 6’10. He plays bigger than he looks and we’re not exactly going up against Hakeems every night in this era anymore anyways.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#46 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am

Rich man's Chuck Hayes?
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#47 » by SamFlow » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 am

okongwu vs stewart

Stewart: 18 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks
Okongwu: 10 points, 9 rebounds
BigDaddyJungle
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#48 » by Manocad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:29 am

DNice68 wrote:I’m going to have to give this a C-. I could be wrong, but 6’9’center?

Ben Wallace says hello.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#49 » by Han Solo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:33 am

People forgot who I am. I’m not sure if it’s because we had a losing season or not. But these guys that they have in the draft over me are guys I’ve been beating my whole life. I won every matchup. You talk about guys that are sleepers in this draft and I’m the biggest sleeper. I’m the guy that’s slept on the most. I’m a guy who has always been showing up, taking care of business from day one. Every level I’ve played, there was always doubt. But people smart enough know not to bet against Isaiah Stewart. People didn’t want me to be a ranked guy. But they knew they had no choice because every matchup that I’ve played against, I dominated. My game isn’t sexy. It’s not attractive. But at the end of the day, it gets the job done. People like flashy and people like potential but potential means you haven’t done anything. At the end of the day, I know I’m a winner. This past season was a losing season but people who know Isaiah Stewart know I’m going to be successful at the NBA level. They know the guys that are ahead of me, I’m better than them.
- Isaiah Stewart

Haha. Damn. The pick everyone hated may be a game changer.

If he ends up being a stud, just proves Weaver is good at his job too.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#50 » by chrbal » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 am

Manocad wrote:
DNice68 wrote:I’m going to have to give this a C-. I could be wrong, but 6’9’center?

Ben Wallace says hello.

Bam Adebayo says yo.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#51 » by jakebernat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:36 am

Han Solo wrote:
People forgot who I am. I’m not sure if it’s because we had a losing season or not. But these guys that they have in the draft over me are guys I’ve been beating my whole life. I won every matchup. You talk about guys that are sleepers in this draft and I’m the biggest sleeper. I’m the guy that’s slept on the most. I’m a guy who has always been showing up, taking care of business from day one. Every level I’ve played, there was always doubt. But people smart enough know not to bet against Isaiah Stewart. People didn’t want me to be a ranked guy. But they knew they had no choice because every matchup that I’ve played against, I dominated. My game isn’t sexy. It’s not attractive. But at the end of the day, it gets the job done. People like flashy and people like potential but potential means you haven’t done anything. At the end of the day, I know I’m a winner. This past season was a losing season but people who know Isaiah Stewart know I’m going to be successful at the NBA level. They know the guys that are ahead of me, I’m better than them.
- Isaiah Stewart

Haha. Damn. The pick everyone hated may be a game changer.

If he ends up being a stud, just proves Weaver is good at his job too.

gotta love the guy who speaks in the 3rd person lol. i’m about it though, seems like a real no-nonsense bad boy DNA kinda guy
thesack12
RealGM

Post#52 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 am

SamFlow wrote:okongwu vs stewart

Stat line looks nice, but he didn't look particularly good in the footage of that video.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#53 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:44 am

Reading the hoppshype article...holy **** this dude is cocky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#54 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:46 am

I almost wish we still had Drummond just to imagine Isaiah Stewart getting into his head in practice.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#55 » by edmunder_prc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:54 am

SamFlow wrote:okongwu vs stewart

Stewart has better moves than Dre and hes a Freshman in College.

Stewart uses those arms well to box out. He boxed out hard on a couple of plays. His arms locked out a huge area, the guy tried running around it and obviously that didnt work when you have 7'4" arms.

He got hit in the head a few times and still put up a shot.

:rockon:
SamFlow
Pro Prospect

Post#56 » by SamFlow » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:06 am

I tend to think stewart was supposed to be drafted where bey was and nesmith where stewart was. What would have been the case if we traded up for Williams? Williams, Nesmith, Stewart? What then at pg? We know this was our second choice to williams. hmmmm.
BigDaddyJungle
thesack12
RealGM

Post#57 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:10 am

SamFlow wrote:I tend to think stewart was supposed to be drafted where bey was and nesmith where stewart was. What would have been the case if we traded up for Williams? Williams, Nesmith, Stewart? What then at pg? We know this was our second choice to williams. hmmmm.

If Detroit traded up they would have needed to include #16 to do it.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#58 » by Han Solo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:40 am

Saddiq Bey I think is going to impress us. He’s got a motor and doesn’t play timid. None of these guys do.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#59 » by Liqourish » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 am

SamFlow wrote:I tend to think stewart was supposed to be drafted where bey was and nesmith where stewart was. What would have been the case if we traded up for Williams? Williams, Nesmith, Stewart? What then at pg? We know this was our second choice to williams. hmmmm.

No we don't. There was a pre-draft rumor that the Pistons made a promise to Williams that never made any sense based on everything else that was stated by the Pistons pre-draft. Could Williams have been in play at #7? Absolutely. But we don't know that everything else was second to Williams.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by SamFlow » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:28 am

Liqourish wrote:

No we don't. There was a pre-draft rumor that the Pistons made a promise to Williams that never made any sense based on everything else that was stated by the Pistons pre-draft. Could Williams have been in play at #7? Absolutely. But we don't know that everything else was second to Williams.

After the picks, it was reported that Detroit tried all day to trade up to number three with charlotte to pick williams and they balked. That was after the picks.
BigDaddyJungle

Return to Detroit Pistons