ImageImageImage

Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread.......

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

haulerch
Senior
Posts: 680
And1: 259
Joined: Jun 11, 2013

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#121 » by haulerch » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 am

coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Weaver just creamed. Still an outside shot to add another big man!
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 615
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#122 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 am

JLiv wrote:Christian Wood said he wanted to win. Either way I don’t understand why we signed Plumlee


Hes going to the Rockets who're about to blow it up. They already said their trading Harden and trying to move Westbrook. Obv we would of had to pay him more but if you offer a few million more per year to a guy whos never been paid he stays.
Rebuild plz
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 16,147
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#123 » by Piston Pete » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:08 am

Maybe we could trade the Rockets Blake, D-Rose and Stewart for Wood and Westbrook. Lol
User avatar
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,654
And1: 303
Joined: Jun 12, 2007
Location: Grand Rapids
       

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#124 » by Phobo_Phile » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 am

There is absolutely no justification for this whatsoever. Anything other than Christian saying "I'm not staying in Detroit, I don't care how much you pay me" makes a lick of sense about this. And I really don't understand why he'd think that considering he wasn't clinging on the league by a thread until he came here.
User avatar
The Moose
Head Coach
Posts: 6,675
And1: 2,887
Joined: Apr 18, 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
   

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#125 » by The Moose » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
JLiv wrote:Christian Wood said he wanted to win. Either way I don’t understand why we signed Plumlee


Hes going to the Rockets who're about to blow it up. They already said their trading Harden and trying to move Westbrook. Obv we would of had to pay him more but if you offer a few million more per year to a guy whos never been paid he stays.


Yea, this makes the most sense, add on to the Stewart, Ariza trade, which is why it hasnt been announced
Luka Doncic and Cedi Osman Fan Club member
mattao313
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,742
And1: 2,645
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
       

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#126 » by mattao313 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 am

lol he signed for the low either he didnt want to play here or Weaver didnt want him back.
Championships
User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 36,170
And1: 6,422
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#127 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
JLiv wrote:Christian Wood said he wanted to win. Either way I don’t understand why we signed Plumlee


Hes going to the Rockets who're about to blow it up. They already said their trading Harden and trying to move Westbrook. Obv we would of had to pay him more but if you offer a few million more per year to a guy whos never been paid he stays.

Looks like that may not be happening.

Shams says he’s still looking.
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 615
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#128 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:13 am

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
JLiv wrote:Christian Wood said he wanted to win. Either way I don’t understand why we signed Plumlee


Hes going to the Rockets who're about to blow it up. They already said their trading Harden and trying to move Westbrook. Obv we would of had to pay him more but if you offer a few million more per year to a guy whos never been paid he stays.

Looks like that may not be happening.

Shams says he’s still looking.


Yeah I was gonna say that contract is criminally low. He was considered one of the best free agents.
Rebuild plz
User avatar
pistonsbball
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,469
And1: 644
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#129 » by pistonsbball » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 am

He's a great missing piece for a lot of playoff teams. It would hurt to finally luck into some gold and then lose him for nothing. I'd be trying like heck to sign him even if it meant trading him in the next 6 months.
NYPiston
Junior
Posts: 292
And1: 171
Joined: Jun 21, 2019

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#130 » by NYPiston » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 am

Phobo_Phile wrote:There is absolutely no justification for this whatsoever. Anything other than Christian saying "I'm not staying in Detroit, I don't care how much you pay me" makes a lick of sense about this. And I really don't understand why he'd think that considering he wasn't clinging on the league by a thread until he came here.


Do you honestly think he would sign in Detroit for that cheap?
Nobody wants to play here and I can't blame them. Can't really fault Weaver for this one.
Anyway, it's not finalized yet apparently.
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 5,948
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#131 » by Han Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:21 am

Still seems like something big is going on with us.

Beard keeps dropping hints all over line he knows something too.
NYPiston
Junior
Posts: 292
And1: 171
Joined: Jun 21, 2019

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#132 » by NYPiston » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 am

Han Solo wrote:Still seems like something big is going on with us.

Beard keeps dropping hints all over line he knows something too.


What's Beard hinting at?
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 5,948
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#133 » by Han Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:23 am

NYPiston wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Still seems like something big is going on with us.

Beard keeps dropping hints all over line he knows something too.


What's Beard hinting at?

Go to Rod Beard’s Twitter. He knows something we don’t.
User avatar
The Moose
Head Coach
Posts: 6,675
And1: 2,887
Joined: Apr 18, 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
   

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#134 » by The Moose » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:24 am

Read on Twitter


lol why do we have beat writers posting cryptic tweets
Luka Doncic and Cedi Osman Fan Club member
NYPiston
Junior
Posts: 292
And1: 171
Joined: Jun 21, 2019

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#135 » by NYPiston » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:26 am

Han Solo wrote:
NYPiston wrote:Go to Rod Beard’s Twitter. He knows something we don’t.


Yeah pretty interesting. Maybe a sign and trade scenario with Wood?
User avatar
Exit 9
Junior
Posts: 330
And1: 152
Joined: Feb 19, 2008
       

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#136 » by Exit 9 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:26 am

Harden to Pistons?
313MADE
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 5,948
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#137 » by Han Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:27 am

NYPiston wrote:
Han Solo wrote:
NYPiston wrote:Go to Rod Beard’s Twitter. He knows something we don’t.


Yeah pretty interesting. Maybe a sign and trade scenario with Wood?

He wouldn’t be posting like that if he didn’t have anything. Something is going on.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,998
And1: 7,562
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#138 » by ducler » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:28 am

Or part of a bigger deal with Rockets and Knicks... I can see Knicks pulling the trigger on a Griffin/Westbrook duo

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 5,948
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#139 » by Han Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:28 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter


lol why do we have beat writers posting cryptic tweets


And if it’s a minor deal - can’t see them going to this length. **** is about to get crazy I think.
NYPiston
Junior
Posts: 292
And1: 171
Joined: Jun 21, 2019

Re: Bye Bye Christian Wood Thread....... 

Post#140 » by NYPiston » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:29 am

Han Solo wrote:
NYPiston wrote:
Han Solo wrote:



He wouldn’t be posting like that if he didn’t have anything. Something is going on.


For sure. He's pretty connected so something to keep an eye on.
It's obvious that Weaver isn't done yet, can pretty much take that to the bank.

Return to Detroit Pistons