ImageImageImage

Mason Plumlee 3/25

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

User avatar
GreekAlex
Rookie
Posts: 1,209
And1: 437
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
       

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#101 » by GreekAlex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am

When you’re as bad as the Pistons, what’s the hurry to commit big money to a 30 year old with no upside on day 1 of free agency??

I’m super disappointed and can’t figure any justification.
440BB
Junior
Posts: 337
And1: 220
Joined: Jul 13, 2017
     

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#102 » by 440BB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am

A career 56.2% FT shooter, something we're accustomed to.
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 615
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#103 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am

Piston Pete wrote:Favors >>> Plumlee


Favors is a much better player. Favors likely wanted to play for a good team though(also a former team). Hes already made a bunch of money. Not that Plumlee hasnt made a bunch of money his last contract was also a huge overpay. Plumlee has a good agent.
Rebuild plz
pistons4ever
Sophomore
Posts: 240
And1: 78
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
         

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#104 » by pistons4ever » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 am

So... The draft night was funny and great but now I could puke to this


You were all happy that thon was gone... But instead of 4 million maker you have 8 million plumm


And Troy don't resign wood at 12, 14 or 15 Million but signs plumm..


Damn wood will be an all star somewhere else
User avatar
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
Posts: 7,257
And1: 4,105
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
Location: Columbus
     

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#105 » by The Penguin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 am

Lol. Change the guy making the calls but we are still fools who burn every bit of cap space we get on multi year deals for fringe rotation pieces.
edmunder_prc
Senior
Posts: 570
And1: 305
Joined: Dec 06, 2015
   

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#106 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:47 am

GreekAlex wrote:When you’re as bad as the Pistons, what’s the hurry to commit big money to a 30 year old with no upside on day 1 of free agency??

I’m super disappointed and can’t figure any justification.



There isnt any. This is a move that every person who has some knowledge about basketball just LOL'd at the Pistons.

Maybe the 99.9% of us are wrong?

It doesnt make any sense, makes the team worse in the long run with money tied up, takes away minutes for Stewart.
ByeByeDre
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 208
Joined: Apr 20, 2017
 

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#107 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:48 am

To offset the BLM movement, owners are making GMs overpay a tall white guy. Baynes is next........

#TWLM
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 16,147
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#108 » by Piston Pete » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:48 am

The Penguin wrote:Lol. Change the guy making the calls but we are still fools who burn every bit of cap space we get on multi year deals for fringe rotation pieces.


It’s worse than that.

Not only that, but we let young guys with actual talent (WOOD) go.

Wood should have been our #1 priority BY FAR!!
User avatar
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,654
And1: 303
Joined: Jun 12, 2007
Location: Grand Rapids
       

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#109 » by Phobo_Phile » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:49 am

I just deep dived into his basketball reference page and now I REALLY hate this signing. I'm actually mad about it especially Wood leaves for a figure that's anywhere near this figure. Absolutely atrocious and reeks of Jon Leuer 2.0. I really defending Troy's moves up to this point and chalked all the questionable stuff up to what he must know that I don't but this is just bowling shoe ugly.
User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 36,170
And1: 6,422
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#110 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:52 am

Piston Pete wrote:
The Penguin wrote:Lol. Change the guy making the calls but we are still fools who burn every bit of cap space we get on multi year deals for fringe rotation pieces.


It’s worse than that.

Not only that, but we let young guys with actual talent (WOOD) go.

Wood should have been our #1 priority BY FAR!!

People are operating under the assumption that we have the option to resign him.

I don’t like the signing but the notion that we chose him over Wood is based on unfounded assumptions.
User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 36,170
And1: 6,422
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#111 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:53 am

That said, the longer we go the more my hope that year 3 is a TEAM option wanes.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,998
And1: 7,562
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#112 » by ducler » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:54 am

James Edwards just confirmed no option on 3rd year

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app
Image
BJK1
Junior
Posts: 347
And1: 137
Joined: Jun 23, 2019

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#113 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:56 am

Read on Twitter


The only picture the Freep found was of Dre blocking this guy at the rim. Excellent signing.
BJK1
Junior
Posts: 347
And1: 137
Joined: Jun 23, 2019

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#114 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 am

ducler wrote:James Edwards just confirmed no option on 3rd year

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app


Wow. The Detroit Knicks.
pistons4ever
Sophomore
Posts: 240
And1: 78
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
         

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#115 » by pistons4ever » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 am

If we would have resigned wood and would make this deal it would be not so bad.. A trio of griffin plum and wood upfront. But when you sign a young guy like Stewart and you say he could become a surprise you don't go out to sign a Mason plumlee..

We could signed Harry Giles or someone else... Sorry but I don't understand this direction
User avatar
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
Posts: 7,257
And1: 4,105
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
Location: Columbus
     

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#116 » by The Penguin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:58 am

Snakebites wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:
The Penguin wrote:Lol. Change the guy making the calls but we are still fools who burn every bit of cap space we get on multi year deals for fringe rotation pieces.


It’s worse than that.

Not only that, but we let young guys with actual talent (WOOD) go.

Wood should have been our #1 priority BY FAR!!

People are operating under the assumption that we have the option to resign him.

I don’t like the signing but the notion that we chose him over Wood is based on unfounded assumptions.



Exactly. People acting like we have right of first refusal and he owes us a discount. Guy is going to get PAID. Flirting with a near max on a guy who put up some numbers on a terrible team seems like bad business.

That being said, Plumlee must be one heck of a nice guy....
User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 36,170
And1: 6,422
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#117 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:01 am

ducler wrote:James Edwards just confirmed no option on 3rd year

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app

Damn...

Yeah, can’t defend it. Bad signing.
thesack12
General Manager
Posts: 9,223
And1: 1,076
Joined: Jun 06, 2008
Location: N DA NAP
     

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#118 » by thesack12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 am

ducler wrote:James Edwards just confirmed no option on 3rd year

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app


Read on Twitter


Just Sickening
Southern Piston
Senior
Posts: 522
And1: 58
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#119 » by Southern Piston » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 am

Maybe we’re putting together a deal for Steven Adams and some draft picks or something
pistons4ever
Sophomore
Posts: 240
And1: 78
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
         

Re: Mason Plumlee 3/25 

Post#120 » by pistons4ever » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:06 am

We will atack the free agency!!!! :banghead: :lol:

With plumlee and okafor :noway:

Return to Detroit Pistons