ImageImageImage

Pistons signing SF Josh Jackson

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

pistonpat
Freshman
And1: 41

Re: Pistons signing SF Josh Jackson 

Post#41 » by pistonpat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:57 am

The one good move Weaver has made tonight. This was worth a flyer at low price on a kid still with some potential. Showed some good flashes last year.
SamFlow
Senior
And1: 139

Post#42 » by SamFlow » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 am

pistonpat wrote:The one good move Weaver has made tonight. This was worth a flyer at low price on a kid still with some potential. Showed some good flashes last year.

I like this one and I could take the okafor for minimum deal for two years.
The plumlee deal I just don't get at the moment.

Will have to wait until it all shakes out and see what the final results of the team is going into the season.
BigDaddyJungle
thesack12
General Manager
And1: 1,070

Post#43 » by thesack12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:58 pm

So has anyone seen the contract details for Jackson? I've seen that its for 2 years, but nothing other than that.

If its only a minimum contract, I can see a scenario where Josh decides to seek out other options after all these other moves that are blocking his path to minutes. If he's gonna be on a minimum contract and doesn't have a clear path to a sizable role, I can see him deciding to take that kind of situation on a different team.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 4,568

Post#44 » by Kilo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 am

JE III mentioned something about using the Room Exception/Exemption(I'm always unsure which it is), wasn't sure if it was the full RE though which is about $4M. I read somewhere else it's a 1 + 1 with the second year a team option. Given Jackson's personal issues I think that makes sense. I could see an overpay on the money to get the TO second year.
thesack12
General Manager
And1: 1,070

Post#45 » by thesack12 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:13 am

Kilo wrote:JE III mentioned something about using the Room Exception/Exemption(I always unsure which it is), wasn't sure if it was the full RE though which is about $4M. I read somewhere else it's a 1 + 1 with the second year a team option. Given Jackson's personal issues I think that makes sense. I could see an overpay on the money to get the TO second year.

That would make sense. Seemed odd that Jackson would be relegated to a minimum deal on a bad team, as he is currently trending in the right direction of rebuilding his reputation/value.
Collymore
Sixth Man
And1: 2,497

Post#46 » by Collymore » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 am

coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That's one heck of a story.

Return to Detroit Pistons