ImageImageImage

Christian Wood didn’t want to leave Detroit

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Re: Christian Wood didn’t want to leave Detroit 

Post#361 » by whitehops » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:17 am

Pharaoh wrote:Can someone explain to me how a fit and healthy combo of Wood & Grant isn't enough to lead us to the playoffs this season?

Both dudes have been doing exceptionally well in difficult situations.

It seems reasonable to assume that if they had each other out there we'd be right in the thick of the playoff race.

i'm not so sure, neither guy is good at creating for others so we'd still have nobody to make plays. it'd still be blake running the offense which limits things due to his immobility.

it sucks to have let wood go considering his contract looks to be a bargain but the reality is that if we kept him and still signed grant, we'd be a capped-out, borderline playoff team with no stud prospects and it would just continue the treadmill.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#362 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:23 am

GSW took Curry out an entire season because of a hang nail.

They got the #2 pick. Thats what rationale GMs/coaches do to make their team better. You get talent, then you tank with that talent "injured", get a high pick.

If the GSW can shut down Curry and Draymond for an entire season, the Pistons could have load managed Wood/Grant so we get a top 10 pick to go along with them.

Its not hard to lose. Its hard to find some damn talent and the Pistons managed to let Wood go and pick Hayes.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#363 » by DetroitSho » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:32 am

edmunder_prc wrote:GSW took Curry out an entire season because of a hang nail.

They got the #2 pick. Thats what rationale GMs/coaches do to make their team better. You get talent, then you tank with that talent "injured", get a high pick.

If the GSW can shut down Curry and Draymond for an entire season, the Pistons could have load managed Wood/Grant so we get a top 10 pick to go along with them.

Its not hard to lose. Its hard to find some damn talent and the Pistons managed to let Wood go and pick Hayes.
Look at this people. Will you just look at this....

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#364 » by Piston Pete » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:35 am

Worst-case, we keep Wood and he leads us to the playoffs. I don’t know what would be so bad about that.

A team with the core of:

26 year old Grant
25 year old Wood
Hayes
Sekou
Josh Jackson
Svi
Bey
Stewart
Saban Lee

That’s actually a really good, young core to build around. Everyone above is 26 or younger

PG - Hayes / Lee
SG - Jackson / Svi
SF - Grant / Bey
PF - Sekou
C - Wood / Stewart

Return to Detroit Pistons