ImageImageImage

2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 30,722
And1: 17,746
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#121 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:52 pm

Han Solo wrote:Green looks like Kobe did when he was young. Before this year he was my favorite prospect. I’m not giving up on him. I think if he were in college, he’d look as good as Suggs at least attacking the basket.

Green is a violent finisher around the rim. That’s his main Kobe comparison.

He just looks like he’s going to be an NBA star. That’s why if we drop to the 4th pick or something I won’t be too sad about it. If we miss out on the “new” big three, Green would be a prospect with a chance at super stardom too.

I do get that Cade, Suggs, and Mobley are probably safer now though.

I hope he ends up looking really good when the Gleague gets going cause he probably makes the most sense for our roster.
topsearch92
Junior
Posts: 271
And1: 127
Joined: Jan 09, 2013

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#122 » by topsearch92 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:06 pm

Han Solo wrote:How far can you drop in the draft if you’re the worst team in the league?

All the way to 5th. Odds for lottery with worst record
1-14
2-13.4
3-12.7
4-12
5-47.9
The top 3 worst records have the same odds at a top 4 pick and then 2/3 have their odds slightly differ in the 5-6/5-7 range
Moses ShamMoses
Veteran
Posts: 2,584
And1: 919
Joined: Nov 28, 2012

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#123 » by Moses ShamMoses » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:06 pm

Han Solo wrote:How far can you drop in the draft if you’re the worst team in the league?


The worst team can drop to #5. 52% chance of getting 1-4, 48% chance of picking #5. I'm surprised a little at those odds. I guess a backstop of #5 is valuable in this type of draft but doesn't help you much in odds to get the top picks.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
440BB
Junior
Posts: 450
And1: 286
Joined: Jul 13, 2017
     

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#124 » by 440BB » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:07 pm

Han Solo wrote:How far can you drop in the draft if you’re the worst team in the league?


Fifth under the new lottery rules. In keeping with tradition, should the Pistons end up with the worst record, they will likely end up with the fifth pick. :banghead:
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 9,239
And1: 6,635
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#125 » by Han Solo » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:29 pm

440BB wrote:
Han Solo wrote:How far can you drop in the draft if you’re the worst team in the league?


Fifth under the new lottery rules. In keeping with tradition, should the Pistons end up with the worst record, they will likely end up with the fifth pick. :banghead:

We may as well prepare for it.

I saw this tweet the other day that said we are a cursed franchise as long as Gores owns the team because of the type of person they think he is.

I wanted to laugh at them, but I’d be lying if it didn’t make me a little nervous thinking about it.
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 30,722
And1: 17,746
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#126 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:37 pm

Lot of good games on tomorrow
edmunder_prc
Pro Prospect
Posts: 786
And1: 425
Joined: Dec 06, 2015
   

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#127 » by edmunder_prc » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:19 pm

Pistons need to do anything they can to get another 1st round pick from a team hoping to make the playoffs.

Anything can happen with a lotto pick, as the percentages show.

Which Conference has the most competition for those last spots? The West or the East? Weaver needs to find a team that thinks Derrick Rose, Ellington, Svi (once his shooting slump is over), maybe all 3 together, can help a team.

So DRose and Svi out, take back 10 million dollar junk and a 1st round pick that maybe goes lotto and becomes a top 3 pick.

There will be injuries. I just saw the Pacers lost TJ Warren.

Also post-Harden things will make more sense. Who needs a PG. Rose must be traded for something, preferably a really high 2nd, or a lotto possible first.
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,746
And1: 741
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#128 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:30 am

Han Solo wrote:Green looks like Kobe did when he was young. Before this year he was my favorite prospect. I’m not giving up on him. I think if he were in college, he’d look as good as Suggs at least attacking the basket.

Green is a violent finisher around the rim. That’s his main Kobe comparison.

He just looks like he’s going to be an NBA star. That’s why if we drop to the 4th pick or something I won’t be too sad about it. If we miss out on the “new” big three, Green would be a prospect with a chance at super stardom too.

I do get that Cade, Suggs, and Mobley are probably safer now though.


Green was ranked the number 1 prospect some places coming out. If he wasnt 1 he was 2. Kuminga also in the G league was ranked 4 all over. These guys are both really good prospects. They arent getting hype because their not on TV right now like other guys is all. Thats why I'm saying we should be looking at a big 5 when draft time rolls around.
Miss you C.Wood
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 30,722
And1: 17,746
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#129 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:44 am

Moody has some nice looking stats and tankathon has him #8 on their board, I haven't got to watch him yet.
vic
Starter
Posts: 2,193
And1: 818
Joined: Dec 27, 2012

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#130 » by vic » Sat Jan 2, 2021 2:08 am

Moody is my #4 after Mobley, Cade, Suggs

The G League guys are athletic but I can't see their shooting or IQ yet
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,746
And1: 741
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#131 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:50 am

Mobley 0-0 3 pts 3 blocks 5 rebs 2assist 3 TO vs Utah in 30mins.
Miss you C.Wood
mattao313
Head Coach
Posts: 6,018
And1: 2,870
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#132 » by mattao313 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:42 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Mobley 0-0 3 pts 3 blocks 5 rebs 2assist 3 TO vs Utah in 30mins.

yikes lol
Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 30,722
And1: 17,746
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#133 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:38 am

Cade definitely looks like the #1 pick tonight
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,746
And1: 741
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#134 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:45 am

MotownMadness wrote:Cade definitely looks like the #1 pick tonight


Yup no way I'm taking Suggs or Mobley over him. 6'8 do everything ball handler you can't pass that up.

I'm still interested to see Green and Kuminga more but Cade is looking like a sure thing.
Miss you C.Wood
ByeByeDre
Rookie
Posts: 1,029
And1: 315
Joined: Apr 20, 2017
 

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#135 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:49 am

Cade to me seems like a future stud.

Press Virginia Baby!
Every good poster has a troll. Mine is named Pharaoh.
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,746
And1: 741
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#136 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:04 am

Cade foul trouble and WV just came back lets see how he does in the clutch with 4 fouls

edit- Damn fouled out looks like game.

Still love what I seen. Cades legit.
Miss you C.Wood
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 30,722
And1: 17,746
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#137 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:56 am

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 11,479
And1: 7,812
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#138 » by ducler » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:46 am

I want to be 6 months later and know if we won the lottery...
Image
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 30,722
And1: 17,746
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#139 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:15 pm

Kinda souring on Mobley after his last couple games. Hes going to be good but I dont think hes comfortable with high volume making him a star.

Hes probably gonna be something like a Jaren Jackson Jr. Which obviously we want but we really need that big go to scoring star out of this draft, CADE!!!!!
vic
Starter
Posts: 2,193
And1: 818
Joined: Dec 27, 2012

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#140 » by vic » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:30 pm

I'm not worried about Mobley... the game where he took 0 shots was a game where the coach specifically said before the gam that he didn't want it to be the Mobley show...

Kind of weird that he took it to that extreme but 1 game doesn't erase the fact that he is somebody that has no weaknesses except free throw shooting. The Pistons will need him or someone like him to even compete on the same floor with Giannis/Davis/Jokic/Bam, etc...

That being said: I still take Cade at #1 because we'll need as many playmakers as possible due to the weaknesses of the current team.

At 2, I'd still probably take Mobley.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!

Return to Detroit Pistons