ImageImageImage

2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Prospects/ NBA Draft 

Post#901 » by tmorgan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:55 am

If we do pick third and Cade/Mobley go 1/2, I’m going to be mad if we take Suggs over Green. It’s not about Killian either, although I believe in him. Green is a talent. He gets buckets. Suggs is going to be a good NBA PG, but the path to Chris Paul I keep hearing about seems super unlikely, intangibles or not.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#902 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:23 pm

tmorgan wrote:If we do pick third and Cade/Mobley go 1/2, I’m going to be mad if we take Suggs over Green. It’s not about Killian either, although I believe in him. Green is a talent. He gets buckets. Suggs is going to be a good NBA PG, but the path to Chris Paul I keep hearing about seems super unlikely, intangibles or not.

Suggs is a really good defender too though where Green can be weakness there. Not hating on Green or anything but just adding a bit to Suggs game. I'm pretty good with any of them.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#903 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pm

About to watch, it was kinda fun last year cause they try to do it realtime like a draft. Something to watch for anyone bored this morning

eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#904 » by eminence » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:19 pm

So I'm a mega fan of Cade and would love to see him in GS with the older core.

How do Detroit fans feel about a Wiseman/#4 for Plumlee/Cade offer if he's available at where y'all pick (obviously easier to sell if it's #3 than if it's #1)?
I bought a boat.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#905 » by Pharaoh » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 pm

eminence wrote:So I'm a mega fan of Cade and would love to see him in GS with the older core.

How do Detroit fans feel about a Wiseman/#4 for Plumlee/Cade offer if he's available at where y'all pick (obviously easier to sell if it's #3 than if it's #1)?
Would do that deal.

Doubt GS would though

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,120

Post#906 » by NYPiston » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Would do that deal.

Doubt GS would though

Would not do that deal. Wiseman isn't worth giving up Cade to take whoever is left at 4 even if the talent gap between 1 and 4 in this draft isn't that big. The Pistons, moreso than any team in the league, needs a go to player. Cade is as sure a thing to be that as there is in this draft.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#907 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:54 pm

eminence wrote:So I'm a mega fan of Cade and would love to see him in GS with the older core.

I wouldnt of done this before the knee injury to Wiseman. Surely not doing it now.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#908 » by MotownMadness » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 am

buzzkilloton wrote:

I wouldnt of done this before the knee injury to Wiseman. Surely not doing it now.

Yeah it's tempting but with that injury no chance. This draft is almost a defining moment in this franchises path forward.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#909 » by zeebneeb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Yeah it's tempting but with that injury no chance. This draft is almost a defining moment in this franchises path forward.
You know, your 100% correct. I can't think of the last time where the player the Pistons pick in the draft is going to have a meteoric impact on the franchise as a whole. I think a large part of this is because of all the work Weaver has done in bringing in Grant, Diallo as well as his apparent grandslam of a draft last year.

If everything stays as it is right now, it would appear that Weaver drafted 3 starters, and a backup which is insane to even contemplate.

Either Cade, or Green would be fit perfectly here.

Hayes
Green/Cade
Bey
Grant
Stewart

If Green/Cade pan out, that's a hell of a young core. If the team stumbles again next year, that draft looks equally as loaded. All I know is that this is the happiest I've been as a Piston fan in a really, really long time. Complete reset happened seemingly overnight, and with 3 really good looking rookies in tow.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#910 » by tmorgan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 am

The truth that the GSW don’t want to hear is that Wiseman isn’t carrying much value right now. He could still be a good player down the road, but he’s horrible defensively and just ok offensively. Add to that an injury and a #2 overall’s paycheck and you don’t have much value. It certainly wouldn’t move you to the #1 pick from #4 right now, given the perception of Cade vs Green, Mobley, or Suggs.

Much like Killian early this year, he’d greatly help a tank next year, though.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#911 » by SamFlow » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 am

Based on this years draft and past from weaver. I'll trust whoever he decides on. Finally have faith in the Pistons leadership. So I won't sweat it much.
BigDaddyJungle
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#912 » by MotownMadness » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:51 am

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

You know, your 100% correct. I can't think of the last time where the player the Pistons pick in the draft is going to have a meteoric impact on the franchise as a whole. I think a large part of this is because of all the work Weaver has done in bringing in Grant, Diallo as well as his apparent grandslam of a draft last year.

If everything stays as it is right now, it would appear that Weaver drafted 3 starters, and a backup which is insane to even contemplate.

Hayes
Green/Cade
Bey
Grant
Stewart

If Green/Cade pan out, that's a hell of a young core. If the team stumbles again next year, that draft looks equally as loaded. All I know is that this is the happiest I've been as a Piston fan in a really, really long time. Complete reset happened seemingly overnight, and with 3 really good looking rookies in tow.

For sure he's already got a bunch of good young players to develop and a possible core out of one draft already. If he hits a Star in this draft to go with everything else then he just skipped what most teams do in a rebuild in 5 years in basically 1 year.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#913 » by MotownMadness » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:52 am

SamFlow wrote:Based on this years draft and past from weaver. I'll trust whoever he decides on. Finally have faith in the Pistons leadership. So I won't sweat it much.

Yeah at the moment I'm trusting his eye for talent
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#914 » by SamFlow » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:46 am

MotownMadness wrote:
SamFlow wrote:Based on this years draft and past from weaver. I'll trust whoever he decides on. Finally have faith in the Pistons leadership. So I won't sweat it much.

Yeah at the moment I'm trusting his eye for talent

I think Jalen Suggs is an alpha pg. I see more Ja than Paul. He's so young, I think there is more to his game. All star, but not hall of famer.

I think Jalen Green is an alpha. Obviously his game has a lot of room to grow too. I think he could be a guy that grabs alot of attention. If he isn't soft like Dre is and has the grit of Bey.... He could be better than Suggs.

The real question would be can suggs and hayes start in the same backcourt.

Who is most athletic and defensively capable? I think coach would go for that.
BigDaddyJungle
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#915 » by Pharaoh » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 am

Didn't know Wiseman had been injured!

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#916 » by LaSheed » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:45 am

Man if there's 2 guys in this draft that scream Troy Weaver it's Jalen Green and Keon Johnson.

Keon Johnson is climbing my draft board and fast.

EDIT: Mobley as well. Weaver loves his bigs and he's by far the best one in the draft.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#917 » by Manocad » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah it's tempting but with that injury no chance. This draft is almost a defining moment in this franchises path forward.

Hayes
Green/Cade
Bey
Grant
Stewart

For sure he's already got a bunch of good young players to develop and a possible core out of one draft already. If he hits a Star in this draft to go with everything else then he just skipped what most teams do in a rebuild in 5 years in basically 1 year.

He still sucks. Christian Wood. :lol:
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#918 » by The Moose » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 pm

LaSheed wrote:Man if there's 2 guys in this draft that scream Troy Weaver it's Jalen Green and Keon Johnson.

EDIT: Mobley as well. Weaver loves his bigs and he's by far the best one in the draft.

Kuminga as well
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#919 » by flow » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:48 pm

LaSheed wrote:Man if there's 2 guys in this draft that scream Troy Weaver it's Jalen Green and Keon Johnson.

While I agree that there seems to be a Weaver 'type' of player (long, athletic...), let's keep in mind that Killian Hayes isn't exactly that type, (nor Bey really, for that matter), and Weaver drafted him. Point being, we should be careful not to zero in on just his type of player.

Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#920 » by Pharaoh » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:03 pm

While his record and rep suggests a "type" flow is right: Hayes and Bey don't really fit the mold.

That said it's easy to assume his top 4 in this Draft: Cade, Green, Suggs, Mobley

Suggs over Mobley due to mentality and motor.

Return to Detroit Pistons