Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Re: Around the League 

Post#1021 » by vege » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:30 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Old Keegan still stinking it up. Hes going to kill his brothers draft stock who is now doing the same thing Keegan did in the same system.

He's been on a slump for sure, it's not like he was going to run away with ROY out of the gate anyways, but for a guy that was touted NBA ready contributor and his extra year(s) of marinating in college supposedly doing good, sure hasn't looked stellar for a 4th pick

What's impressive is Ben Mathurin has a case that he should've been at least top 5, no question. Guy is tearing it up as a first year guard and a poise that not many young guys exhibit. Reminds me of when Donovan Mitchell came in and started to get going right away. Barring injuries, it'll be a close ROY race between him and Paolo with Ivey slotting right there with them on a few nights

Yeah Math has been awesome. Sharpe has shown some nice flashes as well. I'm happy with Ivey though outside of Paolo hes as good as a prospect as anyone.

Sharpe has shown flashes but he is an awful player so far, but he will improve, that's for sure. I'd have taken Paolo and probably Chet over Ivey so far in a redraft, nobody else.

buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#1022 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:54 am

vege wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
He's been on a slump for sure, it's not like he was going to run away with ROY out of the gate anyways, but for a guy that was touted NBA ready contributor and his extra year(s) of marinating in college supposedly doing good, sure hasn't looked stellar for a 4th pick

What's impressive is Ben Mathurin has a case that he should've been at least top 5, no question. Guy is tearing it up as a first year guard and a poise that not many young guys exhibit. Reminds me of when Donovan Mitchell came in and started to get going right away. Barring injuries, it'll be a close ROY race between him and Paolo with Ivey slotting right there with them on a few nights

Yeah Math has been awesome. Sharpe has shown some nice flashes as well. I'm happy with Ivey though outside of Paolo hes as good as a prospect as anyone.

Sharpe has shown flashes but he is an awful player so far, but he will improve, that's for sure. I'd have taken Paolo and probably Chet over Ivey so far in a redraft, nobody else.

Sharpe has a 58% TS hes shooting 41% from 3pter. He just doesnt get minutes because hes on a good team. Him showing this sort of efficiency as what was thought of as a high ceiling raw prospect is very bullish.

I'm still happy with Ivey but I wont be surprised if in 3 years we look back and Sharpe develops into the 2nd best player in the draft. Also he plays on the Blazers they have shown their really really good at drafting and developing guards.
vege
RealGM

Post#1023 » by vege » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:15 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Sharpe has a 58% TS hes shooting 41% from 3pter. He just doesnt get minutes because hes on a good team. Him showing this sort of efficiency as what was thought of as a high ceiling raw prospect is very bullish.

And yet he's a negative on the court. You gotta learn to see more than the numbers. He will be good, he is bad right now, despite of being an efficient shooter.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1024 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:16 am

vege wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

And yet he's a negative on the court. You gotta learn to see more than the numbers. He will be good, he is bad right now, despite of being an efficient shooter.

Majority of rookies are a negative on the court. Hes played great esp being a raw prospect.
vege
RealGM

Post#1025 » by vege » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:19 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
vege wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Majority of rookies are a negative on the court. Hes played great esp being a raw prospect.

Like I said, he will be good, right now he is awful, so yes, you are correct, he is doing great for a raw prospect, better than expected, he still have a long way to go.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#1026 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 am

Durens rebounding and efficiently #'s usually seem really good. The little I've watched of him he seems very capable as a switch big defender. He's not as tall as some of the true freaks in the NBA. Originally I was hoping he'd be a DeAndre Jordan level player, but he doesn't seem near as thick (but only 19yo).

What do we think of this guy? Not as thick as DJ not as tall as Tyson Chandler, but seems to fit their archetype although he'll probably be a better perimeter defender.

Should I be looking at a Mitchell Robinson outcome?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#1027 » by Phenomenonsense » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:37 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Durens rebounding and efficiently #'s usually seem really good. The little I've watched of him he seems very capable as a switch big defender. He's not as tall as some of the true freaks in the NBA. Originally I was hoping he'd be a DeAndre Jordan level player, but he doesn't seem near as thick (but only 19yo).

What do we think of this guy? Not as thick as DJ not as tall as Tyson Chandler, but seems to fit their archetype although he'll probably be a better perimeter defender.

I would certainly hope so. He changes how we look defensively, I think we're trying to make Bagley look good for a trade eventually and he will easily slide into a starting role.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#1028 » by tmorgan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:53 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Durens rebounding and efficiently #'s usually seem really good. The little I've watched of him he seems very capable as a switch big defender. He's not as tall as some of the true freaks in the NBA. Originally I was hoping he'd be a DeAndre Jordan level player, but he doesn't seem near as thick (but only 19yo).

Barely 19. Doesn’t really know how to play at this level. The hope is rapid, consistent development over the next few years. He has great physicals, great hands, great motor, and some passing instincts, too.

There’s a really big range of possible outcomes for Duren, from young Dwight Howard to just an athlete that can rebound. The very definition of a project — that needs minutes to develop. He’s in a good spot here.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Post#1029 » by Kalamazoo317 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 am

I think Duren will pair very nicely as a starter alongside Victor. :-P
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#1030 » by The Moose » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:00 am

Rob Williams
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Post#1031 » by Snakebites » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:54 pm

The Jazz have the same record in their last 10 games as we have and they lost to us.

Seems like they're settling back down after that insane start. Wonder where they'll end up once they're done settling.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#1032 » by MotownMadness » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:54 pm

Read on Twitter
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#1033 » by tmorgan » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:55 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, that’s just insanity (really, very Vinsanity) right there.

Sharpe is smooth and explosive as an athlete, but oddly, his on-ball creation and dribble moves are strangely slow at times. Fluid, but not rapid, if you know what I mean. Not quite sure what to make of that.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#1034 » by MotownMadness » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:04 pm

tmorgan wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sharpe is smooth and explosive as an athlete, but oddly, his on-ball creation and dribble moves are strangely slow at times. Fluid, but not rapid, if you know what I mean. Not quite sure what to make of that.

I haven't even seen him play yet but that athleticism is nuts
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1035 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:45 am

tmorgan wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Wow thanks for sharing this.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1036 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:32 am

Kemba with 29 7 5 tonight with Luka out and him starting. Arent we paying him?
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1037 » by chrbal » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:19 am

buzzkilloton wrote:Kemba with 29 7 5 tonight with Luka out and him starting. Arent we paying him?

Not as much as the Thunder. Talent was never the issue, let’s see him last the season without missing a decent amount of time with injuries.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#1038 » by reanimator » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:46 pm

I remember being high on AJ Griffin predraft and being told his shot was "funky" and he is "one dimensional"
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#1039 » by bstein14 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:58 pm

reanimator wrote:I remember being high on AJ Griffin predraft and being told his shot was "funky" and he is "one dimensional"

He was obviously a great 3 point shooter in college.... I think many here didn't like him as a prospect because he had a similar overlap to what we thought we'd be getting out of Bey. That said, they said Haliburton had a funky shot/release as well.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#1040 » by Cowology » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:41 am

BKN just dropped 91 on GSW. In the first half. It was 46-17 after the 1st Q. :lol: wow

Return to Detroit Pistons