ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,940

Re: Around the League 

Post#1261 » by tmorgan » Mon May 8, 2023 7:53 pm

Also, Keegan Murray making first team all-rookie over Ivey is messed up. I get Banchero, Kessler, Williams and (kinda) Mathurin, and I’m good with Duren on second team, but Ivey got robbed.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1262 » by Pharaoh » Mon May 8, 2023 8:30 pm

tmorgan wrote:Also, Keegan Murray making first team all-rookie over Ivey is messed up. I get Banchero, Kessler, Williams and (kinda) Mathurin, and I’m good with Duren on second team, but Ivey got robbed.
Murray was a key component in the Kings season so not hard to see why he got votes

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#1263 » by tmorgan » Mon May 8, 2023 8:35 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Also, Keegan Murray making first team all-rookie over Ivey is messed up. I get Banchero, Kessler, Williams and (kinda) Mathurin, and I’m good with Duren on second team, but Ivey got robbed.
Murray was a key component in the Kings season so not hard to see why he got votes

Was he, though? Look at his numbers.

12.2/4.6/1.2

He was basically a spot up shooter getting open threes off Fox and Sabonis. He did his job well, but his role was so much smaller than Ivey’s that that should matter.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1264 » by Pharaoh » Mon May 8, 2023 8:49 pm

tmorgan wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Was he, though? Look at his numbers.

12.2/4.6/1.2

He was basically a spot up shooter getting open threes off Fox and Sabonis. He did his job well, but his role was so much smaller than Ivey’s that that should matter.
They won - it's the narrative around him more than his actual numbers

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,045

Post#1265 » by bstein14 » Mon May 8, 2023 8:53 pm

I don't really have any issue with Keagan over Ivey. Keagan was much more efficient and Ivey was also horrible on defense. I still like Ivey's upside more but I can understand Ivey not getting 1st team.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#1266 » by Canadafan » Mon May 8, 2023 11:19 pm

https://hoopshype.com/lists/global-rating-rankings-the-best-of-the-nba-playoffs/

Interesting ranking system.
Booker killing it this playoffs.
Can search team by team as well and Bojan is our highest ranked at 9 yikes
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1267 » by Pharaoh » Tue May 9, 2023 10:29 am

Canadafan wrote:https://hoopshype.com/lists/global-rating-rankings-the-best-of-the-nba-playoffs/

Says best playoff guys - what am I searching that is related to us?

Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1268 » by Pharaoh » Tue May 9, 2023 10:53 am

Lonnie Walker IV

How much is he gonna get this off-season now?

Shows how a young guy can be regardless of playing time or opportunity.

High character guy, didn't get down mentally despite his situation and when called upon he delivered in a big game.

Need guys built like that

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#1269 » by Canadafan » Tue May 9, 2023 3:01 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
Canadafan wrote:https://hoopshype.com/lists/global-rating-rankings-the-best-of-the-nba-playoffs/

Says best playoff guys - what am I searching that is related to us?

All good. Just a couple clicks and you can check out team by team. Here it is https://hoopshype.com/lists/global-rating-rankings-team-by-team/
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1270 » by DBC10 » Tue May 9, 2023 3:12 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Lonnie Walker IV

High character guy, didn't get down mentally despite his situation and when called upon he delivered in a big game.

It's one game so probably not a whole lot from his current pay rate? I can't imagine him all of sudden being a top FA after tonight. Guys sometimes become active and are needed at the right moment. Since Austin Reaves has largely been a nonfactor this series, and he's viewed as a mid to top tier FA this upcoming market
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#1271 » by Invictus88 » Tue May 9, 2023 3:22 pm

DBC10 wrote:

It's one game so probably not a whole lot from his current pay rate? I can't imagine him all of sudden being a top FA after tonight. Guys sometimes become active and are needed at the right moment. Since Austin Reaves has largely been a nonfactor this series, and he's viewed as a mid to top tier FA this upcoming market

Not saying this will occur with LW4 but remember what happened with Jerome James?
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 472

Post#1272 » by MortSahlfan » Tue May 9, 2023 8:50 pm

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1273 » by DBC10 » Tue May 9, 2023 10:22 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

Not saying this will occur with LW4 but remember what happened with Jerome James?

What happened with Jerome?
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#1274 » by Invictus88 » Tue May 9, 2023 11:03 pm

DBC10 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

He had just finished his 2004-05 regular season where he averaged 4.9 pts and 3 boards in 17 mins of action. Then in the playoffs (presumably getting increased playing time) averages 12.5 and 7 boards over 8 games.

Isaiah Thomas, the current Knicks GM says "Yup. This guy is going to be our next starting center!" An proceeds to sign him to a 5-year 30 million dollar contract which was a lot of money at the time.

Over his Knicks contract he started a total of 20 games; playing in a total of 90. He averaged 2.5 pts and 1.8 rebounds in 7.7 minutes of play.

He is the cautionary tale of playoff fools gold.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#1275 » by bstein14 » Tue May 9, 2023 11:39 pm

Lonnie Walker IV is a solid defender and league average scorer. He's be a decent bench player for us but not someone you really want starting at this point (he's still 24 and could get better of course)... But this summer I really hope we aren't adding 2 or 3 bench guys and we are going after a legit solid starter to add to the mix. We don't need more depth we need a good player that plays winning basketball every night.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1276 » by chrbal » Wed May 10, 2023 1:08 am

Invictus88 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

He had just finished his 2004-05 regular season where he averaged 4.9 pts and 3 boards in 17 mins of action. Then in the playoffs (presumably getting increased playing time) averages 12.5 and 7 boards over 8 games.

Isaiah Thomas, the current Knicks GM says "Yup. This guy is going to be our next starting center!" An proceeds to sign him to a 5-year 30 million dollar contract which was a lot of money at the time.

Over his Knicks contract he started a total of 20 games; playing in a total of 90. He averaged 2.5 pts and 1.8 rebounds in 7.7 minutes of play.

He is the cautionary tale of playoff fools gold.

He played series vs the Kings (two decent centers, thanks google) and the Spurs (two more decent centers).

The problem for New York is NO ONE else in the NBA fell for it. Isiah literally bid against himself.

A season before he was exposed in an expansion draft as an expiring contract big and they passed on him
SuperBad
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#1277 » by SuperBad » Wed May 10, 2023 3:02 am

Isiah was terrible at FA and trades, but he did draft pretty well if I remember right. Jerome James also shut someone down somebody pretty good in the playoffs I think too, which helped him get that contract as well.
SuperBad
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#1278 » by SuperBad » Wed May 10, 2023 5:01 am

Isiah was terrible at FA and trades, but he did draft pretty well if I remember right. Jerome James also shut someone down somebody pretty good in the playoffs I think too, which helped him get that contract as well.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#1279 » by bstein14 » Wed May 10, 2023 7:09 pm

Bruce Brown with a huge efficient 25 point game in 26 minutes of play for the Nuggets last night in an incredibly important game against the Suns.... plus great D as well. He should be moving up to at least a full MLE deal this summer from someone to be a 5th starter or 6th man.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#1280 » by tmorgan » Wed May 10, 2023 10:08 pm

bstein14 wrote:Bruce Brown with a huge efficient 25 point game in 26 minutes of play for the Nuggets last night in an incredibly important game against the Suns.... plus great D as well. He should be moving up to at least a full MLE deal this summer from someone to be a 5th starter or 6th man.

Full MLE my butt. He’s gonna get 20, or darn close.

Return to Detroit Pistons