ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Around the League 

Post#301 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:38 am

Canadafan wrote:Who's this Reggie Jackson guy on the Clippers? Looks like a pretty good player lol
He used to come off the bench for OKC and kill it too.

Guess he didn't like being a bench player so moved to LA

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#302 » by 440BB » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:25 pm

Boy, if we could pry that Kennard guy from the Clippers for Grant and sign our third Jackson, our back court would be set.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#303 » by DBC10 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
Canadafan wrote:Who's this Reggie Jackson guy on the Clippers? Looks like a pretty good player lol

Yep, what Detroit stint? He never played here

But in all seriousness, I came around on him after really didn't liking his being our PG here. But he really changed his game up as being this deadly shooter and doesn't dribble the ball for more than 3 seconds. Turns out when he's not the primary ball handler, he's actually a pretty good playoff performer

Clippers lose if Reggie doesn't play tonight, that's how meaningful he is to their team right now
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#304 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 1, 2021 2:41 am

DBC10 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Yep, what Detroit stint? He never played here

But in all seriousness, I came around on him after really didn't liking his being our PG here. But he really changed his game up as being this deadly shooter and doesn't dribble the ball for more than 3 seconds. Turns out when he's not the primary ball handler, he's actually a pretty good playoff performer

Clippers lose if Reggie doesn't play tonight, that's how meaningful he is to their team right now
The real Reggie never played here (often)

Dude got injured and that was that.

It's good to see his redemption though.

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#305 » by vege » Thu Jul 1, 2021 3:32 am

Looks like Chris Paul got Phoenix to the finals, he destroyed the Kawhi-less Center-less Clippers.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#306 » by chrbal » Thu Jul 1, 2021 3:49 am

Didn’t think Luke would be worth the money he got, but my god has he been mostly meh during the playoffs at best.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,752

Post#307 » by Snakebites » Thu Jul 1, 2021 3:15 pm

Yeah, I'm sure that if the Suns end up winning it all that there will be legions of fans who want an asterisk next to their championship.

Round 1- Injury to AD
Round 2- Injury to Murray and others
Round 3: Injury to Kawhi and Ibaka
Round 4: Injury to Giannis or Trae

Which is a shame- it overshadows the fact that they would have been one of the favorites even without any injuries. What's others take on this?
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#308 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu Jul 1, 2021 3:58 pm

Tough to just say injuries are part of the game this year. Really the players association should have stepped in and said no to this condensed season. They should step in now and not allow this kind of schedule in the future. But… $$$

Phoenix got robbed IMO, they had a good chance of winning anyways, but tough not to put an asterisk.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#309 » by 440BB » Thu Jul 1, 2021 5:03 pm

I don't see why the champion this year should get an asterisk. Every team had the same tough, compressed schedule.

Like many series during the playoffs, the winners are often healthier or deeper. The overall increase in injuries should be strongly considered in scheduling going forward, but this season's champion shouldn't be tarnished by that issue.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#310 » by chrbal » Thu Jul 1, 2021 5:22 pm

Every team in the playoffs dealt with injuries, the 4 teams in the conference finals dealt with key injuries. Why would there be an asterisk?

Sixers are out because Simmons started overthinking free throws, Nets and Lakers have been out because they rely on older players, etc.

Season shouldn’t have been so compressed though. I completely agree with that.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#311 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 1, 2021 10:28 pm

No asterisk

Every team suffered through the season and you can only control what you can control.

People always want to tear down the champ.

Lakers last year = LeBron got so much rest before the bubble

Toronto = Klay and KD got hurt

GSW = had KD

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#312 » by The Moose » Mon Jul 5, 2021 1:48 am

Doncic in these Olympic qualifying games is almost unbelievably good.
Honestly think he’s got a chance to be top 5 offensive player in NBA history.
His skill + iq+ size is just phenomenal
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#313 » by Pharaoh » Mon Jul 5, 2021 2:13 am

The Moose wrote:Doncic in these Olympic qualifying games is almost unbelievably good.
The problem for Dallas is that they're now asset poor and will struggle to get him a clear #2 option.

Relatively easy to fill in the margins around your core with the "right" fit but Zingus ain't it and they don't have much available to get a stud.

He might end up like Dame - battling better teams like a champ but never breaking through

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#314 » by The Moose » Mon Jul 5, 2021 2:56 am

Pharaoh wrote:
The Moose wrote:Doncic in these Olympic qualifying games is almost unbelievably good.
The problem for Dallas is that they're now asset poor and will struggle to get him a clear #2 option.

Relatively easy to fill in the margins around your core with the "right" fit but Zingus ain't it and they don't have much available to get a stud.

He might end up like Dame - battling better teams like a champ but never breaking through

I think if Doncic gets someone even the level of a CJ like Dame does, thats enough.
To me he's a class above Dame
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,885

Post#315 » by tmorgan » Mon Jul 5, 2021 5:27 am

I sure hope Giannis plays in the Finals. Doubt it’s a good series if he doesn’t.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#316 » by DBC10 » Mon Jul 5, 2021 1:04 pm

Pharaoh wrote:

I view Doncic as a Harden type so you just need a bunch of good role players and scrappy guys and you can make a lucky run to the Finals that way. It's too bad I don't trust their FO at all in the way that Harden had Morey. Morey got Harden sort of in prime Dwight Howard, CP3, and Westbrook with a bunch of good role players from the bargain bin.

It's just luck never broke their way at all.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#317 » by DBC10 » Mon Jul 5, 2021 7:02 pm

But Melvin didn't realize just how unique his son was until Devin, as a preteen in 2008, became wildly upset when the Detroit Pistons traded Chauncey Billups to the Denver Nuggets as part of a deal to acquire Allen Iverson, one of the biggest superstars in the league at the time.
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/phoenix-suns-star-devin-booker-nba-finals-dads-lessons

Book is a true Pistons fan to the bone, it's such a shame we didn't draft him when he was basically waiting for our phone call on draft night.

Maybe once Cade becomes a stud and Book wins a ring, he comes back to his home state to compete for a chip here

Every Pistons fan needs to hope the Suns win it all so that Book becomes free to go elsewhere after
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#318 » by Sort » Mon Jul 5, 2021 9:24 pm

You know I like Phoenix better as a team, but I admit that part of me wants Middleton to lead the Bucks to the Finals victory. Nobody will still consider him a top player in this league even if he does win it all and the Finals MVP.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#319 » by DBC10 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:18 am

I wasn't a big fan of Deandre Ayton and had him in the tier of guys like Myles Turner and a healthy Nurkic, but now he's clearly well ahead of them. He just moves so fluidly for a legit 7 footer and he's wide too. It's actually impressive in this day and age
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#320 » by bstein14 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:03 pm

CP3 really accelerated the development of Ayton. Crazy how good he has been for him... not that Ayton doesn't deserve a ton of the credit as well. Actually think the best place for Drummond next year would be a bench role with Phoenix but I'm sure he isn't going to want to take that. He'll likely end up playing where ever he can get the most money, or whoever is willing to give him a starting center job with guaranteed minutes.

Return to Detroit Pistons