ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Re: Around the League 

Post#421 » by 440BB » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:59 pm

Wood publicly complained about playing time when he was backing up Giannis in Milwaukee. I doubt anybody can coach around selfishness. The wrong kind of younger vet setting examples for the rookies. Probably one of the worst situations for Jalen Green from a developmental standpoint, as he needs some maturity himself.

This type of crap is why I didn't mind Wood wanting to go elsewhere.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#422 » by DBC10 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 6:34 pm

440BB wrote:Wood publicly complained about playing time when he was backing up Giannis in Milwaukee. I doubt anybody can coach around selfishness. The wrong kind of younger vet setting examples for the rookies. Probably one of the worst situations for Jalen Green from a developmental standpoint, as he needs some maturity himself.

This type of crap is why I didn't mind Wood wanting to go elsewhere.

How about KPJ too? The guy literally left the building at the halftime. Comical scene of events down in Houston
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#423 » by jakebernat » Sun Jan 2, 2022 7:44 pm

:oops:
JLiv wrote:Christian Wood refused to sub in tonight and KPJ left the arena at halftime after getting called out by John Lucas. Proof that they were NOT the guys we should’ve built around

the keyboard GM’s disrespectfully disagree.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#424 » by pistonsbball » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:03 pm

Don't get the KPJ hype, the dude is as toxic on the court as off, I can't see him ever contributing meaningfully to winning basketball. At least CWood has the unicorn skillset and size that few possess. I'm still rooting for him and think he can be a piece somewhere.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#425 » by chrbal » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:11 pm

pistonsbball wrote:Don't get the KPJ hype, the dude is as toxic on the court as off, I can't see him ever contributing meaningfully to winning basketball. At least CWood has the unicorn skillset and size that few possess. I'm still rooting for him and think he can be a piece somewhere.

I agree partially on not getting the Porter hype, but I still would have traded a blah second to get him from Cleveland. But you also couldn’t help but see this coming. Houston needs better veteran leadership
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#426 » by DBC10 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:50 pm

I know it's old but Wiggins making All-star starter is something to behold. Fan voting at its finest, all-star reserve, sure I can easily see the argument for that. But a starter?

Also, Hornets scoring 158 against the dumpster fire Pacers is also something to behold. I had to double check since those were All-star game numbers
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#427 » by Pharaoh » Fri Feb 4, 2022 10:54 pm

After that LAC & POR deal seems obvious Simons is off the table in the off-season.

Blazers will keep him as the 6th man or potential starter if they deal CJ or Dame or both.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#428 » by GreekAlex » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:25 am

Pharaoh wrote:After that LAC & POR deal seems obvious Simons is off the table in the off-season.

Blazers will keep him as the 6th man or potential starter if they deal CJ or Dame or both.

I’m pretty disappointed. I was hoping for a lineup next year with:

Simons
Cade
Bey
Jabari Smith
Stewart

If they miss out on Jabari Smith maybe they could be:

Cade
Jaden Ivey
Bey
Grant
Stewart

I’ll recalibrate my hopes/ wishes after the trade deadline lol
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#429 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:18 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:After that LAC & POR deal seems obvious Simons is off the table in the off-season.

Simons
Cade
Bey
Jabari Smith
Stewart

I was hoping to max Simons, keep Grant. But Grant looks bad and Portland will max Simons. Dust in the wind bro :lol: :lol:

Simons
Cade
Bey
Grant
Chet Holmgren

This team lacks serious, top 100 player talent. If you dont have an MVP caliber guy, you need a whole line up of really good players and Pistons arent there yet.

Look at NYK and Randle. They had a guy play better than Grant and still, its not really enough. BOS has Tatum and that team still isnt really there. It takes full on Chicago Bulls 2022 /2004 Pistons type squad without a top 10 player on the team.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#430 » by GreekAlex » Sat Feb 5, 2022 7:53 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Simons
Cade
Bey
Jabari Smith
Stewart

I was hoping to max Simons, keep Grant. But Grant looks bad and Portland will max Simons. Dust in the wind bro :lol: :lol:

Simons
Cade
Bey
Grant
Chet Holmgren

This team lacks serious, top 100 player talent. If you dont have an MVP caliber guy, you need a whole line up of really good players and Pistons arent there yet.

Look at NYK and Randle. They had a guy play better than Grant and still, its not really enough. BOS has Tatum and that team still isnt really there. It takes full on Chicago Bulls 2022 /2004 Pistons type squad without a top 10 player on the team.

I want nothing to do with Chet. He’s way too risky and it’s very likely his slender frame and lack of speed/ explosiveness won’t translate against elite athletes.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 136

Post#431 » by keepitrealhomes » Sat Feb 5, 2022 8:53 pm

this just in: jaden ivey is good.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#432 » by 440BB » Sat Feb 5, 2022 11:24 pm

keepitrealhomes wrote:this just in: jaden ivey is good.

Watching him today I thought he'd look pretty good next to Cade. One dangerous back court.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 136

Post#433 » by keepitrealhomes » Sun Feb 6, 2022 2:20 am

440BB wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:this just in: jaden ivey is good.

Watching him today I thought he'd look pretty good next to Cade. One dangerous back court.

dude is lethal off the bounce. i can only imagine how well he and cade would play off each other. troy PLEASE go and get Patrick Williams
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,689

Post#434 » by Cowology » Mon Feb 7, 2022 2:28 am

Nets have now lost 8 in a row and I love it. Kinda feels like karma for superstars colluding. A healthy Durant will obviously make a world of difference, so I'm going to just enjoy this while I can.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#435 » by chrbal » Mon Feb 7, 2022 3:37 am

Cowology wrote:Nets have now lost 8 in a row and I love it. Kinda feels like karma for superstars colluding. A healthy Durant will obviously make a world of difference, so I'm going to just enjoy this while I can.

That and Durant having to (at least I assume) convince harden to not leave via trade.

The current version of the Nets are the only team I legitimately want to see fall apart/not really do anything in the playoffs. And honestly I don’t really have any issue with any of the players. Blake’s sudden jump in ability post Detroit is the closest.

The Lakers misfortune is good as well. Who could have ever thought that adding Westbrook and that grab bag roster would be a bad thing?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#436 » by Snakebites » Mon Feb 7, 2022 3:47 am

Cowology wrote:Nets have now lost 8 in a row and I love it. Kinda feels like karma for superstars colluding. A healthy Durant will obviously make a world of difference, so I'm going to just enjoy this while I can.

All 3 of their stars are pretty easy to dislike too.

I've actually developed a strong respect for KD after how he came back from the torn Achilles last season, but Harden is still a fairly unlikable player.

I will admit that there was a big part of me that was hoping they'd pull it together and succeed without Kyrie this year- mainly because I have a particular dislike for him and feel he really screwed the team over this year.

But now that they've let him back and are going down in flames anyway...yeah, that's satisfying. As fans of an awful team schadenfreude is maybe the closest we can get to actual gratification from this league...sad.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#437 » by Cowology » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:20 am

chrbal wrote:

That and Durant having to (at least I assume) convince harden to not leave via trade.

The current version of the Nets are the only team I legitimately want to see fall apart/not really do anything in the playoffs. And honestly I don’t really have any issue with any of the players. Blake’s sudden jump in ability post Detroit is the closest.

The Lakers misfortune is good as well. Who could have ever thought that adding Westbrook and that grab bag roster would be a bad thing?
Yeah, Westbrook got benched in OT and they won :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm enjoying that too!!

I have a ton of respect for both Durant & LBJ as players. Can't deny how good they are. That said, players have waaaay to much power these days and a lot of that stems from LeBron. The whole Kyrie saga is completely ridiculous, but he's been allowed to get away with it. It's just bad for the overall health of the league when these guys dictate what happens.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,603

Post#438 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:51 pm

Anything to do with Lebron failing in LA is all I hope for this year. Love watching him as a player, but hate him as a person. Don't want to see him winning anything, but maybe a scoring title, lol.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
chrbal
RealGM

Post#439 » by chrbal » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:11 am

Cowology wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Yeah, Westbrook got benched in OT and they won :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm enjoying that too!!

I have a ton of respect for both Durant & LBJ as players. Can't deny how good they are. That said, players have waaaay to much power these days and a lot of that stems from LeBron. The whole Kyrie saga is completely ridiculous, but he's been allowed to get away with it. It's just bad for the overall health of the league when these guys dictate what happens.

Agree I respect those two. It’s crazy to think the Nets have to accept one of their big 3 as only an occasional participant

It’ll be something if a team ever lets Lebron officially be a gm. I honestly think he’d make divac look a little less terrible
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#440 » by Cowology » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:51 pm

I am literally praying for a Harden for Westbrook trade. This is just too perfect not to happen. DO IT!!

Return to Detroit Pistons