ImageImageImage

Come up with a Blake trade!

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Re: Come up with a Blake trade! 

Post#101 » by 440BB » Tue Feb 9, 2021 3:14 pm

I think it's become common knowledge across the league that Blake's got nothing left in the tank. Nobody is going to see any value until he's either an expiring contract next year or gets bought out and can be signed for the minimum. This thread is a year early.

If Weaver is able to unload Blake this season without giving up picks or taking on something longer term I will consider him a genius.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#102 » by DCintheD » Tue Feb 9, 2021 3:32 pm

Would be nice if OKC did their former employee a solid and gave us one of their many 1sts plus Horford’s extra year to take Blake. Who knows maybe OKC would be able to convince Blake to opt out. Wishful thinking
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#103 » by SamFlow » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:42 pm

Blake isn't going anywhere this year. Maybe next year when it's expiring.

Plumlee and Ellington to boston for Nesmith and ? would be nice.
BigDaddyJungle
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#104 » by Snakebites » Tue Feb 9, 2021 6:39 pm

SamFlow wrote:Blake isn't going anywhere this year. Maybe next year when it's expiring.

Even next year getting salaries to match will be very challenging without us having to take something horrible back.

I resigned myself to being stuck with Blake for the life of the contract when he got hurt last year.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#105 » by SamFlow » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:40 am

Snakebites wrote:
SamFlow wrote:Blake isn't going anywhere this year. Maybe next year when it's expiring.

Even next year getting salaries to match will be very challenging without us having to take something horrible back.

I resigned myself to being stuck with Blake for the life of the contract when he got hurt last year.

they have the other guard thats always been injured to make the trade work. I forget his name, but many here have mentioned him. the trade worked financially when I last checked. for two older guys for two younger guys we might have to add the 2nd we just got for rose. but for nesmith I'd do that.
BigDaddyJungle
440BB
Bench Warmer

Post#106 » by 440BB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Coming off playing 30+ minutes in back to back games and looking more like he's adjusted to his limitations, Griffin's name is coming up in potential trade rumors. If he can stay healthy and continue to contribute for a while there is a slim chance we get out from under that contract. He's surprised me after such a slow start - maybe we get lucky.

I'm still somewhat shocked Blake has value. If he were to go somewhere, stay healthy and make a big contribution, I would be glad for him and the Pistons. Any deal that doesn't cost us picks or future salary is a winner.

If we pull off a decent trade, Casey playing Griffin for more minutes than most of us wanted will make perfect sense.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#107 » by MotownMadness » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:47 pm

440BB wrote:Coming off playing 30+ minutes in back to back games and looking more like he's adjusted to his limitations, Griffin's name is coming up in potential trade rumors. If he can stay healthy and continue to contribute for a while there is a slim chance we get out from under that contract. He's surprised me after such a slow start - maybe we get lucky.

I'm still somewhat shocked Blake has value. If he were to go somewhere, stay healthy and make a big contribution, I would be glad for him and the Pistons. Any deal that doesn't cost us picks or future salary is a winner.

If we pull off a decent trade, Casey playing Griffin for more minutes than most of us wanted will make perfect sense.

Who is interested? Links?
440BB
Bench Warmer

Post#108 » by 440BB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:29 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
440BB wrote:Coming off playing 30+ minutes in back to back games and looking more like he's adjusted to his limitations, Griffin's name is coming up in potential trade rumors. If he can stay healthy and continue to contribute for a while there is a slim chance we get out from under that contract. He's surprised me after such a slow start - maybe we get lucky.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/11/how-the-heat-could-trade-for-pistons-blake-griffin/
https://heavy.com/sports/miami-heat/blake-griffin-trade-pistons-draft-pick/

I might just be drinkin the Kool-Aid but I feel a little hope.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,257

Post#109 » by vege » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:39 pm

440BB wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/11/how-the-heat-could-trade-for-pistons-blake-griffin/

I call that BS, the article said we offered a 1st for them to take on Blake. The only way we trade a 1st is if it is guaranteed to be a lotto pick, and that's just insane, even for Weaver.
foolinc
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#110 » by foolinc » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Well this is interesting news. Not sure who is trading for Blake's contract knowing that we can't send over a 1st round pick.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#111 » by Sort » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Just about to post that. This is wonderful news. Blake may not be traded - that seems so implausible to me - but a buyout could work well. He'd have to cough up some serious cash to just leave IMO. I don't see this resolving itself soon, but at least he's no longer taking away PT.
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#112 » by BJK1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Read on Twitter
440BB
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by 440BB » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:34 pm

I'll have a Kool-Aid, and make it a double!
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,511

Post#114 » by whitehops » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:36 pm

i'm glad this is happening sooner than later. it's obviously in everyone's best interest to move on, we're retooling and the young guys need minutes/touches. blake doesn't have much left in his legs and i'm sure he wants to make whatever time he has left in the league count.

i don't expect a trade at all, it'll all come down to how much money blake is willing to leave on the table in a buyout. i know it's easy for me to say because it's not my money but i'd be willing to pay griffin all his salary this season to leave. if he wants to get bought out and play for whatever team he wants he should at the very least "decline" his player option for next season. that way he gets what he wants and has freedom to go anywhere he wants this season and in the off season, the pistons get to officially start the rebuild and both parties leave on positive terms.

but there's a huge amount of money at stake, even for blake and the pistons. we'll see how it all goes down.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#115 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Feels like Christmas has come earlyyyyy
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#116 » by DBC10 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:40 pm

The BG and Rose redemption tour largely ended in a whimper

Good luck to Weaver trying to trade and match a 36 million salary without giving up an asset. Blake would be foolish to give up for a buyout considering he still has next years $38 million to look forward to
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#117 » by edmunder_prc » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:40 pm

vege wrote:
440BB wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Who is interested? Links?

I call that BS, the article said we offered a 1st for them to take on Blake. The only way we trade a 1st is if it is guaranteed to be a lotto pick, and that's just insane, even for Weaver.

Hahah, maybe the Pistons think they can win enough to send the #19 to the Rockets this year. Then send next year's pick to Miami for the privilege of getting out of Blake's deal a year early (rather than just letting Blake rot on the bench , or vacation in Mexico).

Weaver is thinking outside the box. :lol:
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#118 » by BJK1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:42 pm

Whether this happens as a buyout or a trade, if Blake wants to move on he will need to be willing to forego a significant amount of the money remaining on his contract.
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#119 » by kpt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:44 pm

What if the rumor of us adding a young player was sekou with blake. He isnt a "weaver guy". He is still a major project it seems. Thoughts? But then there is the HUGE contract for BG that needs to be matched.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#120 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Blake for Drummond/filler?

Then flip Drummond for a pick

Return to Detroit Pistons