Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Re: Tobias Harris/Saddiq Bey 

Post#41 » by Mr Peanut » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:49 am

vege wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:Early days but the returns on the Bey trade look promising:

Saddiq Bey (1st season, age 21): 23 MPG, 10.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 0.9 APG, 38% FG, 46% 3P, 12.1 PER
Luke Kennard (4th season, age 24): 23 MPG, 8.5 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.7 APG, 47% FG, 47% 3P, 9.8 PER

The issue has never been Bey for Kennard, is the 4 2nds we added for the swap.

If Saddiq keeps playing the way he is and develops into a Middleton-like talent I'm not sure anyone will be losing too much sleep over second round picks (particularly when they're relatively easy to buy/trade for).
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#42 » by Billl » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:00 pm

The fact that Luke signed a big deal and is now putting up 8 ppg is making that trade look a lot better.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,781

Post#43 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Billl wrote:The fact that Luke signed a big deal and is now putting up 8 ppg is making that trade look a lot better.

If Bey manages to become a solid starter level player then it won't matter that we gave up second rounders in the swap. I don't think it's fair to be comparing their stats at this moment, Kennard isn't playing/shooting as much as he would with us because the Clippers have better players. And who knows what kind of role Bey would have on the Clippers.

Will have to wait and see. So far I'm a fan of the trade.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#44 » by vege » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:40 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
vege wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:Early days but the returns on the Bey trade look promising:

Saddiq Bey (1st season, age 21): 23 MPG, 10.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 0.9 APG, 38% FG, 46% 3P, 12.1 PER
Luke Kennard (4th season, age 24): 23 MPG, 8.5 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.7 APG, 47% FG, 47% 3P, 9.8 PER

If Saddiq keeps playing the way he is and develops into a Middleton-like talent I'm not sure anyone will be losing too much sleep over second round picks (particularly when they're relatively easy to buy/trade for).

You can buy mid/late 2nds, 2nds in the early mid 30's have value and ours should be early 30's 2nds.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#45 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:40 pm

vege wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
vege wrote:

You can buy mid/late 2nds, 2nds in the early mid 30's have value and ours should be early 30's 2nds.

The picks of ours we traded are in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 drafts. No one can say with any certainty where we would have been drafting in the second round that far away.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#46 » by Pharaoh » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:08 pm

All about the details!

People blew up because we traded FOUR seconds - very few checked what years they conveyed
Mr Peanut wrote:
vege wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

The picks of ours we traded are in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 drafts. No one can say with any certainty where we would have been drafting in the second round that far away.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#47 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:54 am

I can see some Tobias in his game. If he becomes as good as Harris thats an awesome pick at 19. That means we have a 3rd or 4th option for a good team but we need two really good stars in the draft to go with him.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#48 » by Pharaoh » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:41 am

Top 5 pick in 2021
Grant
Jackson
Bey

How good could that 4some be?
buzzkilloton wrote:I can see some Tobias in his game. If he becomes as good as Harris thats an awesome pick at 19. That means we have a 3rd or 4th option for a good team but we need two really good stars in the draft to go with him.

buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#49 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:55 am

Pharaoh wrote:Top 5 pick in 2021
Grant
Jackson
Bey

buzzkilloton wrote:I can see some Tobias in his game. If he becomes as good as Harris thats an awesome pick at 19. That means we have a 3rd or 4th option for a good team but we need two really good stars in the draft to go with him.

Say we draft Cade or Mobley and Cade is Luka or Mobley is AD then pretty fkn good. Bey turns into a Harris level player. I mean think of a team with AD/GRant/Harris or Luka/Grant/Harris I dont think your the Lakers/Clippers level but I think that next tier of teams. Also if you have that you can easily add to it.

Of course were asking for Cade to be Luka and Mobley to be AD and then draft them. It could just be two guys we draft that are lesser players but very strong.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#50 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:22 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Top 5 pick in 2021
Grant
Jackson
Bey

Say we draft Cade or Mobley and Cade is Luka or Mobley is AD then pretty fkn good. Bey turns into a Harris level player. I mean think of a team with AD/GRant/Harris or Luka/Grant/Harris I dont think your the Lakers/Clippers level but I think that next tier of teams. Also if you have that you can easily add to it.

Of course were asking for Cade to be Luka and Mobley to be AD and then draft them. It could just be two guys we draft that are lesser players but very strong.

That's absolute best case scenario.

Maybe Mobley is more like Miami Bosh? Or Cade is like Avdija on the Wizards, SG/SF body (6'9" 210 20 years old) that can handle the ball, pass, shoot, but not an elite athlete. If Avdija was playing in the NCAA he would probably look like Cade too.

Still, its more needed talent and the best chance to get a superstar.

On JJ Reddick Podcast 26:50 he talks about how in Detroit no one comes, covid playing in Detroit is no different than April games, etc. So this team needs some talent, asap, and the top 5 of this draft is the easiest way. Especially with little cap space until Blake's deal is done. Then hopefully can trade or lure someone for the max.

Return to Detroit Pistons