ImageImageImage

Point Guard is the Pistons main problem

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

kellmellus50
Starter
Posts: 2,107
And1: 87
Joined: Dec 05, 2008

Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:46 am

Untill they fix the point guard position the pistons will continue to lose and get the #1 pick in the draft.
The pistons have scorers but no one to dish them the ball.
You have to live,dance,party,and always have fun with everyone.http://buzzlamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sbBoob1.gif
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 62,865
And1: 8,139
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#2 » by Manocad » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:16 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Untill they fix the point guard position the pistons will continue to lose and get the #1 pick in the draft.
The pistons have scorers but no one to dish them the ball.

And that's bad...why?
Image
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 16,333
And1: 405
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#3 » by Piston Pete » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:19 am

Getting Suggs will help...
Moses ShamMoses
Veteran
Posts: 2,580
And1: 918
Joined: Nov 28, 2012

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#4 » by Moses ShamMoses » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:22 am

Pistons main problem is a lack of a superstar or two. I don't think position matters too much.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,745
And1: 738
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#5 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:44 am

Lack of talent is the problem. Best player is Grant. Grants on a good team like the Nugs was nothing more then a spot shooting defensive guy.
Miss you C.Wood
User avatar
ElectricMayhem
General Manager
Posts: 8,342
And1: 7,700
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Location: Kobe-Osaka

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#6 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:42 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Untill they fix the point guard position the pistons will continue to lose and get the #1 pick in the draft.


Uh-oh. How can we avert this crisis?
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Tom Gores: Sell Securus or sell the Pistons.
User avatar
pistonsbball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,574
And1: 694
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#7 » by pistonsbball » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:18 am

Once Ja comes back see if Memphis wants to do D Rose for Tyus Jones. D Rose back in Memphis would be a story and he could be perfect for their bench.

Jones would be a great insurance policy for Hayes. Dude has great natural PG skills and is getting that little bit better each season, although his 3ball has regressed so far this season.
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 15,279
And1: 1,623
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Fire Troy Weaver

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#8 » by vege » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:28 am

Well, Lamelo Ball is really good too bad we couldn't draft him.
sfballa13
Analyst
Posts: 3,484
And1: 655
Joined: Jan 11, 2005

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#9 » by sfballa13 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 am

vege wrote:Well, Lamelo Ball is really good too bad we couldn't draft him.


Jordan is so stupid, we could have got Ball in a trade on draft night

Put together a godfather offer:
- Kennard
- Rose
- Bruce Brown
- two 2nd round draft picks
- future 1st (since we dont need to give that up to Houston for nothing)
- Take back Batum so the Hornets dont need to stretch him and Jordan doesnt need to lose money
- Hell i would have thrown in Sekou

Ball + trash >>>>>>> Killian, Sekou, Grant

LaMelo was begging the Pistons the draft him, literally putting out piece after piece in the media about how he loves Detroit and what the Pistons and hard work mission means

LaMelo and Lavar and begging the Pistons to draft him, Wood wants to stay in Detroit so what does Weaver do? He gives away any tradeable asset, uses our cap space to help other teams, gifts the Clippers FOUR second round picks in a trade where we sent them a 1st round draft pick and our best 3pt shooter in Kennard

LaMelo + Wood is such a nice young core moving forward, Weaver is trash, garbage, he deserves to be fired now, not in a few years
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,627
And1: 3,499
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#10 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:08 am

Just WOW!

Some are never going to be happy regardless of what we have cause it's always about what we don't have!
sfballa13 wrote:
vege wrote:Well, Lamelo Ball is really good too bad we couldn't draft him.


Jordan is so stupid, we could have got Ball in a trade on draft night

Put together a godfather offer:
- Kennard
- Rose
- Bruce Brown
- two 2nd round draft picks
- future 1st (since we dont need to give that up to Houston for nothing)
- Take back Batum so the Hornets dont need to stretch him and Jordan doesnt need to lose money
- Hell i would have thrown in Sekou

Ball + trash >>>>>>> Killian, Sekou, Grant

LaMelo was begging the Pistons the draft him, literally putting out piece after piece in the media about how he loves Detroit and what the Pistons and hard work mission means

LaMelo and Lavar and begging the Pistons to draft him, Wood wants to stay in Detroit so what does Weaver do? He gives away any tradeable asset, uses our cap space to help other teams, gifts the Clippers FOUR second round picks in a trade where we sent them a 1st round draft pick and our best 3pt shooter in Kennard

LaMelo + Wood is such a nice young core moving forward, Weaver is trash, garbage, he deserves to be fired now, not in a few years


Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
El Chivo
Starter
Posts: 2,109
And1: 854
Joined: Jun 19, 2015
Location: Roma
       

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#11 » by El Chivo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 am

So people around here want to address point guard position in order to keep picking in the 7-12 range once again?

I'm pretty sure that almost half the forum wanted us to be trash and tank for Cade, Bates, Chet in the next 2-3 years... how they changed idea and started complaining about Pistons being trash?

if Hayes and Doumbouya are two bust we'll replace them with higher lottery picks.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Billl
Veteran
Posts: 2,805
And1: 1,182
Joined: Sep 06, 2013

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#12 » by Billl » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:10 pm

The pistons don't have "scorers." They have complimentary roll players. We also don't have anything resembling enough talent to win a title on the current roster. Once we add a couple more high draft picks and clear Blake off the books, then we can start talking about what pieces we might need to add.
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 62,865
And1: 8,139
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#13 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 pm

El Chivo wrote:So people around here want to address point guard position in order to keep picking in the 7-12 range once again?

I'm pretty sure that almost half the forum wanted us to be trash and tank for Cade, Bates, Chet in the next 2-3 years... how they changed idea and started complaining about Pistons being trash?

if Hayes and Doumbouya are two bust we'll replace them with higher lottery picks.

There are people here willing to go over the cap and trade away every future draft pick if it meant getting the players that could guarantee a #8 playoff spot, so...yeah
Image
Drwho17
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,333
And1: 142
Joined: Jul 31, 2004

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#14 » by Drwho17 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:52 pm

PG is a problem, even with Rose, Rose isn't good for developing players unless you are an offensive rebounder picking up his misses. When he's on the floor, everyone knows they probably aren't going to get the ball, he's just going to take it to the hoop, same with BG (although he's been getting better the last few games, initiating offense and taking it to the post).
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 15,279
And1: 1,623
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Fire Troy Weaver

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#15 » by vege » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Drwho17 wrote:PG is a problem, even with Rose, Rose isn't good for developing players unless you are an offensive rebounder picking up his misses. When he's on the floor, everyone knows they probably aren't going to get the ball, he's just going to take it to the hoop, same with BG (although he's been getting better the last few games, initiating offense and taking it to the post).


Kennard got plenty of open looks from Rose when he was health. Maybe the players around Rose are just terrible, so he rather finishes himself them give them the ball lol
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,627
And1: 3,499
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#16 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:27 am

Or maybe he's a hog that doesn't play winning basketball?

Been a long time since he's impacted a winning team in a really positive way
vege wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:PG is a problem, even with Rose, Rose isn't good for developing players unless you are an offensive rebounder picking up his misses. When he's on the floor, everyone knows they probably aren't going to get the ball, he's just going to take it to the hoop, same with BG (although he's been getting better the last few games, initiating offense and taking it to the post).


Kennard got plenty of open looks from Rose when he was health. Maybe the players around Rose are just terrible, so he rather finishes himself them give them the ball lol


Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 13,627
And1: 3,499
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#17 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 am

THIS, so much THIS!

Heard for years how the playoff mandate and roster moves sucked and how we should tank for franchise players in the Draft since no one comes here via free agency!

Got a GM who came in and is doing exactly that (with some seriously weird cap gymnastics I admit) and all people can complain about is not keeping this guy who would have prevented the tank and made us at best first round fodder
Manocad wrote:
El Chivo wrote:So people around here want to address point guard position in order to keep picking in the 7-12 range once again?

I'm pretty sure that almost half the forum wanted us to be trash and tank for Cade, Bates, Chet in the next 2-3 years... how they changed idea and started complaining about Pistons being trash?

if Hayes and Doumbouya are two bust we'll replace them with higher lottery picks.

There are people here willing to go over the cap and trade away every future draft pick if it meant getting the players that could guarantee a #8 playoff spot, so...yeah


Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
Arp590
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,317
And1: 2,982
Joined: Jul 02, 2009
 

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#18 » by Arp590 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:52 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Untill they fix the point guard position the pistons will continue to lose and get the #1 pick in the draft.

Okay so what's the problem? Isn't that the goal this season...?
DET_Athletics
Senior
Posts: 598
And1: 103
Joined: Dec 17, 2014
       

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#19 » by DET_Athletics » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:24 am

I think the goal for the season should be find a "Facilitator" in the draft, not necessarily a point guard.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
ByeByeDre
Rookie
Posts: 1,028
And1: 314
Joined: Apr 20, 2017
 

Re: Point Guard is the Pistons main problem 

Post#20 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:23 pm

Manocad wrote:There are people here willing to go over the cap and trade away every future draft pick if it meant getting the players that could guarantee a #8 playoff spot, so...yeah


Like Troy Weaver, for example
Every good poster has a troll. Mine is named Pharaoh.

Return to Detroit Pistons