Hypothetical DRose Trades

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Re: Hypothetical DRose Trades 

Post#181 » by ByeByeDre » Sun Feb 7, 2021 9:11 pm

ducler wrote:
frothbrain wrote:DSJ is not a scrub. See his Rookie season on Dallas.

Detroit might be the perfect opportunity for him to revitalize his career.
Don't judge him by his stint on the Knicks.
Fizdale was the worst coach in the NBA and Thibs never gave him a chance.

Didn't they said the same when he went to NYC?

I’ll be interested to see if they tell him not to show up. Entirely possible.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#182 » by flow » Sun Feb 7, 2021 9:28 pm

No one in the nba thinks Rose is half as valuable as this board does. That's apparent.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,045

Post#183 » by bstein14 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 9:35 pm

This trade also saves Detroit $$$ this season. That is for sure a positive for ownership considering how much money we'll likely lose. I think its safe to say if we make any more moves before the deadline they will almost certainly be moves in which we save some money.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#184 » by MotownMadness » Sun Feb 7, 2021 9:45 pm

Next move Ellington, we already got two 2nds in this draft so hopefully get back some future 2nds for him to replenish the stockpile
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#185 » by Piston Pete » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:18 pm

Ellington
Okafor
Plumlee

They need to be the next guys traded out of here
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#186 » by johanliebert » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:21 pm

JLiv wrote:I haven’t seen DSJ play in a while but I think he’ll fit right along with our attempt to resurrect the careers of semi young players

People said much of the same about lowry when he got to Toronto and look how he developed under casey.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#187 » by Piston Pete » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:23 pm

DSJ is like a poor man’s Chucky Atkins. Streaky shooter, little else.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#188 » by flow » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:37 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Ellington
Okafor
Plumlee

They need to be the next guys traded out of here

They're not trading Plumlee.

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#189 » by zeebneeb » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:51 pm

I would caution some folks to not give up on Smith. He has shown flashes, and could become a player. I always remind people of Billups and how he bounced around with team after team giving up on him.

He didn't blossom until he was given the reigns, and proper time to develope.(Age? 26)
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,550

Post#190 » by pistonsbball » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:16 pm

Would have taken Frankie if there was a choice, I think he's the better bet to become a solid NBA role player.

Hopefully DSJ can get something going here. I don't think he has any sort of ability to run an offense, but maybe he can become a decent change-of-pace guard off the bench.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,116

Post#191 » by NYPiston » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:21 pm

I could tell by some of the responses to this trade that some of you guys really overvalued Rose.

I thought that they MIGHT be able to squeeze out a late 1st earlier in the season but he's been really bad and had some nagging injuries AGAIN so that hope for a 1st became a pipedream. At least they got a pick out of it, I was thinking Ntilikina or DSJ as a straight up swap so I'm ok with this. Maybe they can flip DSJ for another 2nd at the deadline if he shows well.

In any event, another piece of the SVG/Stefanski era being swept out so that's a positive. Hope that Blake opts out this offseason then the real rebuild can begin.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#192 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:56 pm

Yay no more D Rose hero ball! I think DSJ at least gets a chance to play here over the likes of Saben Lee. We are thin at point guard.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using RealGM mobile app
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#193 » by vege » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:32 am

zeebneeb wrote:I would caution some folks to not give up on Smith. He has shown flashes, and could become a player. I always remind people of Billups and how he bounced around with team after team giving up on him.

He didn't blossom until he was given the reigns, and proper time to develope.(Age? 26)

Even when Billups was a scrub shooting 34% from the field, he could shoot FTs. DSJr should be out of the league at the end of the season. He is bad. 38% from the field and 55% from the line in his last 3 seasons. He's not even G-League material.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#194 » by Pharaoh » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:33 am

Kinda funny that most wanted him gone so he doesn't take minutes off the kids and/or his style of play is "antiquated" and/or he's a asset so cash in when we can.

The minute he's gone some gotta complain that we didn't get "enough" for him

We got what the market believed what he's worth (= not a lot).

Appreciated DRose while he was here but not sorry to see him gone. Best wishes though.

As for DSJ Time will tell.

Charlotte's 2nd? that's interesting

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#195 » by DNice68 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:44 am

flow wrote:No one in the nba thinks Rose is half as valuable as this board does. That's apparent.

This!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#196 » by chrbal » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:50 am

Pharaoh wrote:[*]Kinda funny that most wanted him gone so he doesn't take minutes off the kids and/or his style of play is "antiquated" and/or he's a asset so cash in when we can.

The minute he's gone some gotta complain that we didn't get "enough" for him

We got what the market believed what he's worth (= not a lot).

Appreciated DRose while he was here but not sorry to see him gone. Best wishes though.

As for DSJ Time will tell.

Charlotte's 2nd? that's interesting

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app

Seems to be a good chunk of the fan base right now.

We seemed to want to do Rose a favor (shocking since his former agent is part of our front office) as much as wanting to trade him. Smith, ntilika, and Knox are all interchangeable, but we were supposedly interested in Smith last season so there’s that.

Our 2nd would have been better than charlottes but, but this is better than waiving him for nothing later on. Roses’ defensive rating is bad, health is poor, effectiveness is off.

Smith is largely disappointing, but he’s 23 and we’re tanking.

Curious to see if we move Ellington.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#197 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:53 am

Should of moved him last season his value was higher. Pistons wanted a lotto pick. Standard Pistons move hold when high sell when low.
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#198 » by Southern Piston » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:54 am

I was hoping for a bigger deal with Frank in it, but this is the best we’re getting for Rose, he really hasn’t been that great this, plus it’s a respectable thing to do for Rose, DSJ I mean Josh Jackson seems to be working, I’m excited for him it’s the best shot he’s gonna get for a loooooooong time, I hope it works out, honestly think we should trade delon Wright for frank and 2nd too, I’d give them both and Killian Hayes the reigns until we can Draft the top tier Pg the franchises needs
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#199 » by DBC10 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 1:32 am

buzzkilloton wrote:Should of moved him last season his value was higher. Pistons wanted a lotto pick. Standard Pistons move hold when high sell when low.

At least we're actually getting some semblance of value back although one can argue it's moot in the grand scheme of things since it's a 2nd

Whereas in the past, we let a combo of KCP, Monroe, SJ, Ellington, etc all for nothing. And two of those took the QO because they didn't want to stay here or had no confidence in a deal
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#200 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Feb 8, 2021 1:46 am

DBC10 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Should of moved him last season his value was higher. Pistons wanted a lotto pick. Standard Pistons move hold when high sell when low.

At least we're actually getting some semblance of value back although one can argue it's moot in the grand scheme of things since it's a 2nd

Whereas in the past, we let a combo of KCP, Monroe, SJ, Ellington, etc all for nothing. And two of those took the QO because they didn't want to stay here or had no confidence in a deal

Yeah I mean this is what hes worth now. Rose has declined this season big time from the past two. He was in the middle of two very good seasons before this and on a nice contract.

I just posted this somewhere else but Ed is who messed up last season. Asking for a lotto pick. Telling interested teams hes not trading him. Don't blame Weaver blame Ed for not moving him last season.

He wanted a lotto pick for him. As reported by Shams https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pistons-seeking-lottery-pick-215001960.html

"Shams Charania of The Athletic:

The Pistons are open to discussing deals for Derrick Rose, with an asking price of a lottery-level first-round pick, according to sources."

"No, there’s no chance," said Brian Windhorst on The Hoop Collective Podcast in reply to a question on whether the Pistons might negotiate a buyout with Rose. "He’s under contract for next year at a good number. From what I understand, when the Lakers called the Pistons and expressed an interest in trading for Derrick Rose, the Pistons said ‘hey, we appreciate you calling, but we’re not trading him. Dwane Casey likes him. We think he’s going to be important for us next year.’ He just wasn’t available."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257315/Pistons-Wont-Buyout-Derrick-Rose-After-Rebuffing-Trade-Inquiries

Return to Detroit Pistons