ImageImageImage

Hypothetical DRose Trades

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Hypothetical DRose Trades 

Post#201 » by Pharaoh » Mon Feb 8, 2021 3:07 am

Weaver will cop it from some on here regardless of what he does but you're right in that asking for a lotto to mid first for DRose falls on Ed.

Until the season is over we won't know where the Charlotte 2nd will be (I believe right now it's top 45?)
buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Should of moved him last season his value was higher. Pistons wanted a lotto pick. Standard Pistons move hold when high sell when low.

At least we're actually getting some semblance of value back although one can argue it's moot in the grand scheme of things since it's a 2nd

Whereas in the past, we let a combo of KCP, Monroe, SJ, Ellington, etc all for nothing. And two of those took the QO because they didn't want to stay here or had no confidence in a deal

Yeah I mean this is what hes worth now. Rose has declined this season big time from the past two. He was in the middle of two very good seasons before this and on a nice contract.

I just posted this somewhere else but Ed is who messed up last season. Asking for a lotto pick. Telling interested teams hes not trading him. Don't blame Weaver blame Ed for not moving him last season.

He wanted a lotto pick for him. As reported by Shams https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pistons-seeking-lottery-pick-215001960.html

"Shams Charania of The Athletic:

The Pistons are open to discussing deals for Derrick Rose, with an asking price of a lottery-level first-round pick, according to sources."

"No, there’s no chance," said Brian Windhorst on The Hoop Collective Podcast in reply to a question on whether the Pistons might negotiate a buyout with Rose. "He’s under contract for next year at a good number. From what I understand, when the Lakers called the Pistons and expressed an interest in trading for Derrick Rose, the Pistons said ‘hey, we appreciate you calling, but we’re not trading him. Dwane Casey likes him. We think he’s going to be important for us next year.’ He just wasn’t available."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257315/Pistons-Wont-Buyout-Derrick-Rose-After-Rebuffing-Trade-Inquiries

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#202 » by DetroitSho » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:08 am

Pharaoh wrote:Weaver will cop it from some on here regardless of what he does but you're right in that asking for a lotto to mid first for DRose falls on Ed.

Until the season is over we won't know where the Charlotte 2nd will be (I believe right now it's top 45?)
buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
At least we're actually getting some semblance of value back although one can argue it's moot in the grand scheme of things since it's a 2nd

Whereas in the past, we let a combo of KCP, Monroe, SJ, Ellington, etc all for nothing. And two of those took the QO because they didn't want to stay here or had no confidence in a deal

Yeah I mean this is what hes worth now. Rose has declined this season big time from the past two. He was in the middle of two very good seasons before this and on a nice contract.

I just posted this somewhere else but Ed is who messed up last season. Asking for a lotto pick. Telling interested teams hes not trading him. Don't blame Weaver blame Ed for not moving him last season.

He wanted a lotto pick for him. As reported by Shams https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pistons-seeking-lottery-pick-215001960.html

The Pistons are open to discussing deals for Derrick Rose, with an asking price of a lottery-level first-round pick, according to sources."

"No, there’s no chance," said Brian Windhorst on The Hoop Collective Podcast in reply to a question on whether the Pistons might negotiate a buyout with Rose. "He’s under contract for next year at a good number. From what I understand, when the Lakers called the Pistons and expressed an interest in trading for Derrick Rose, the Pistons said ‘hey, we appreciate you calling, but we’re not trading him. Dwane Casey likes him. We think he’s going to be important for us next year.’ He just wasn’t available."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257315/Pistons-Wont-Buyout-Derrick-Rose-After-Rebuffing-Trade-Inquiries

I think that's part of Weaver's motivation, it's 45 TODAY. But are we confident that Charlotte will be in the playoffs? They could slide further and further and that pick could end up in the 30s.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#203 » by Pharaoh » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:56 am

Let's be honest: the Hornets have exceeded expectations thus far.

If they do slide we benefit but then the narrative will be that Weaver got lucky.

DetroitSho wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Weaver will cop it from some on here regardless of what he does but you're right in that asking for a lotto to mid first for DRose falls on Ed.

buzzkilloton wrote:

I think that's part of Weaver's motivation, it's 45 TODAY. But are we confident that Charlotte will be in the playoffs? They could slide further and further and that pick could end up in the 30s.

pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#204 » by pistonsbball » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:52 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Should of moved him last season his value was higher. Pistons wanted a lotto pick. Standard Pistons move hold when high sell when low.

Funny thing is if we did this deal with the Lakers last season we possibly could've got THT thrown in as an afterthought. His salary number would've been required as an add-on to make a lot of the deals work.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#205 » by Pharaoh » Mon Feb 8, 2021 6:42 am

That wasn't the reported deal though
pistonsbball wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

Funny thing is if we did this deal with the Lakers last season we possibly could've got THT thrown in as an afterthought. His salary number would've been required as an add-on to make a lot of the deals work.

dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#206 » by dVs33 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 7:45 am

I wasn’t expecting much of a return from rose, so I don’t mind the deal.
Give smith a chance to prove his worth while we continue the tank. Similar to Jackson (good) and okafor (bad), it’s worth a try.
pistonpat
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#207 » by pistonpat » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:50 pm

When was the last time the Pistons maximized an asset. This organization always gets the least amount if value for their assets or miss the best time window like clock work. Just like Drummond last season. Teams love trading w Detroit!
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#208 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 8, 2021 1:16 pm

Will do it again here soon with Grant. His value will never be higher than it is right now.

The biggest example of this is Blake. Should have traded him two years ago when he was putting up CRAZY numbers.

Rose, we should have traded last season.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#209 » by Billl » Mon Feb 8, 2021 1:48 pm

Obviously, DSJ hasn't panned out at this point, but he's the type of guy you take a flier on. Good size and athleticism and can get into the paint with ease. If he puts the work in to make his jumper respectable? Could be solid. I'd much rather keep giving guys like that a look vs filling the end of the bench with vets.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#210 » by rmfc » Mon Feb 8, 2021 1:56 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Will do it again here soon with Grant. His value will never be higher than it is right now.

The biggest example of this is Blake. Should have traded him two years ago when he was putting up CRAZY numbers.

Rose, we should have traded last season.

Agreed. This is the time.
Blake should go ASAP but I know that it's just wishful thinking at this point.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#211 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 8, 2021 8:04 pm

Headlines say the Heat, Clippers, Bucks, and Nets were all interested in DRose. Too bad we didn’t get them all into more of a bidding war with each other
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#212 » by MotownMadness » Mon Feb 8, 2021 8:06 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Headlines say the Heat, Clippers, Bucks, and Nets were all interested in DRose. Too bad we didn’t get them all into more of a bidding war with each other

Maybe that was the bidding war and that's the best we got
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#213 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 8, 2021 8:07 pm

That’s possible. Teams out there trying to lowball Weaver, I’m sure
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#214 » by MotownMadness » Mon Feb 8, 2021 8:09 pm

Piston Pete wrote:That’s possible. Teams out there trying to lowball Weaver, I’m sure

What in the world were you really expecting for Rose at this point? A RFA possible reclamation project and a 2nd rounder is pretty much right.

No different then trading Bullock for a 2nd and SVI as a project.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#215 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:52 pm

I wasn’t expecting much.

But for DRose - who will likely start for the Knicks, we should have got more than a 2nd and their end of the bench guy.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#216 » by DetroitSho » Mon Feb 8, 2021 10:37 pm

Piston Pete wrote:I wasn’t expecting much.

But for DRose - who will likely start for the Knicks, we should have got more than a 2nd and their end of the bench guy.
He doesn't increase in value if he becomes their starter.

Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#217 » by Pharaoh » Mon Feb 8, 2021 10:49 pm

So you wanted him traded, got your wish and now you're gonna complain about what we got in return?

None of us know what was offered but you somehow believe Weaver is getting lowballed?

This is funny

Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#218 » by Piston Pete » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:22 pm

Sounds like you’re putting words in my mouth.

Have fun
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#219 » by chrbal » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:36 pm

He’s only capable of playing like 2/3 of his games at about 24 minutes a game. What makes you think he’s going to start?
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#220 » by DetroitSho » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:55 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Sounds like you’re putting words in my mouth.

Have fun
No he's actually recalling literally what you've posted.

Return to Detroit Pistons