Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: GAME 26: Pistons @ Celtics 8PM 

Post#121 » by DetroitSho » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:09 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:There's plenty of time to "rest" players and attempt to lose games.

Now is not that time.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
There's so much cringe in that post I don't even know why you bothered to address it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

There is so much cringe being a Pistons fan with a franchise that has been run into the ground. Also the popcorn fans that just want wins now.

Every year its the same thing. Somehow the fans cant connect that these wins are bad.

Are Pharaoh and DetroitSho going to be at the draft jumping up and down when the Pistons get the #12 pick because we got those awesome Feb and March wins?

:banghead:
Bruh just stfu with these stupid takes FFS. I'm glad they're losing and want them to continue to be bad. That much has been made clear in my posts. I just call out stupid when I see it. Like a 26 year old who finally has his first opportunity to spread his wings and really show his full potential being ok to go full "process" and sitting out fully healthy games just because a 31 year old David Robinson WITH A BAD BACK AND BROKEN FOOT was handled with kid gloves when the 7th or 8th greatest player of all time was available in the draft. I'm pretty sure it was you who had the same stupid take about Steph Curry and the Warriors. The Pistons situation does not mirror those of the Spurs or Warriors.

Some Pistons fans need to really figure out what they want in life and stick to it. They scream PLAY THE KIDS PLAY THE KIDS. CASEY'S AN IDIOT FOR TRYING TO WIN GAMES WITH THE VETS. The "kid" goes out and destroys Boston and now it's, "oh yeah great, we're gonna end up with another 7th pick". There's already been the argument that removing Blake and Rose from heavy minutes/usage and playing the kids more makes us more likely to win. It's becoming clear that's the case.

At this point you're gonna have to decide if you want the rookies to play heavy minutes at the risk of winning more. Period.

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#122 » by Pharaoh » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:46 am

Think you're going to find that as the season goes along the narratives of many people here will chop and change depending on the circumstances.

Whatever those circumstances are they will take a negative out of it!

Look at the players acquired during the off-season:

Plumlee, Stewart, Grant, Bey, Jackson, Ellington & Wright are all or have or did exceed expectations!

Yet Weaver is still a idiot, still blew the rebuild in one off-season, still is a moron and whatever else some wanna claim.

Casey gets hammered for not playing the kids "enough". Then Bey goes off and wins us a game so that's gotta be spun in a negative way too!

There is a group of posters that seem pretty happy atm but they're less vocal cause they realise this is going to take time.

Being less vocal isn't a good thing for a message board but it does explain why there's still so much negativity despite what we've see thus far this season.
DetroitSho wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:There's so much cringe in that post I don't even know why you bothered to address it.

There is so much cringe being a Pistons fan with a franchise that has been run into the ground. Also the popcorn fans that just want wins now.

Every year its the same thing. Somehow the fans cant connect that these wins are bad.

Are Pharaoh and DetroitSho going to be at the draft jumping up and down when the Pistons get the #12 pick because we got those awesome Feb and March wins?

:banghead:
Bruh just stfu with these stupid takes FFS. I'm glad they're losing and want them to continue to be bad. That much has been made clear in my posts. I just call out stupid when I see it. Like a 26 year old who finally has his first opportunity to spread his wings and really show his full potential being ok to go full "process" and sitting out fully healthy games just because a 31 year old David Robinson WITH A BAD BACK AND BROKEN FOOT was handled with kid gloves when the 7th or 8th greatest player of all time was available in the draft. I'm pretty sure it was you who had the same stupid take about Steph Curry and the Warriors. The Pistons situation does not mirror those of the Spurs or Warriors.

Some Pistons fans need to really figure out what they want in life and stick to it. They scream PLAY THE KIDS PLAY THE KIDS. CASEY'S AN IDIOT FOR TRYING TO WIN GAMES WITH THE VETS. The "kid" goes out and destroys Boston and now it's, "oh yeah great, we're gonna end up with another 7th pick". There's already been the argument that removing Blake and Rose from heavy minutes/usage and playing the kids more makes us more likely to win. It's becoming clear that's the case.

At this point you're gonna have to decide if you want the rookies to play heavy minutes at the risk of winning more. Period.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#123 » by vege » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:45 pm

This is too funny. Boston fan salty because they didn't draft Saddiq Bey.

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#124 » by bstein14 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:18 pm

vege wrote:This is too funny. Boston fan salty because they didn't draft Saddiq Bey.

Hopefully Boston fans end up feeling about Bey the same way we feel how we missed out on Mitchell.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#125 » by 440BB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:58 pm

Speaking of Mitchell, Clippers fans seem pretty confused why Kennard got that four year guaranteed extension, seeing a lack of aggression and defense. The trade that ended up with Bey takes a bit of the sting out of SVG's Kennard pick, though It still hurts.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#126 » by GBanga3 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:46 am

I was away so only watched the replay last night, but that was another good game to watch, really fun.

Its good actually having some players to root for, and Bey was awesome, he has shown the potential to really be something.

Also anyone that is still complaining about Weaver I have no time for you. The man changed our culture and direction (after being lost for many years) in one off-season.

He clearly has a no d&#khead policy and its working! These guys are a good group.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-

Return to Detroit Pistons