ImageImageImage

Only one of our next 10 games are against an above .500 team.

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Only one of our next 10 games are against an above .500 team. 

Post#1 » by bstein14 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:31 pm

Pistons opponents have the highest combined winning % in the NBA at this point. That's going to change soon as we now move into an easier part of our schedule. Over the next 10 games they only play one team with a winning records, the Spurs who are 15-11.

We are 7-19 after 26 games has us with the 3rd worst record in the NBA thus far, and luckily 4th worst already has 10 wins.

Coming up we've got before the all-star break this is our remaining schedule of 10 games.

Pelicans 11-14
Spurs 15-11
Mavs (B2B) 13-14
Grizzlies 10-11
Magic 10-17
Magic 10-17
Pelicans (B2B) 11-14
Kings 12-13
Knicks 13-15
Raptors 12-14

These next 10 games will be crucial to the direction this team goes this year. Especially those two games against Orlando because we could easily be ahead of them in the standings if we take both of those.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Re: Only one of our next 10 games are against an above .500 team. 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Gotta lose our asses off
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#3 » by 440BB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:47 pm

Best case scenario IMO is Plumlee and Sekou take the time to get healthy until after the ASB, Griffin and Ellington get hot, lead us to a few wins and get traded.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,609

Post#4 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:47 pm

We’ve done pretty badly against poor teams while being inexplicably decent against good teams. One of those trends will eventually give way, as they’re paradoxical.

We’ll find out which in the coming weeks.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,525

Post#5 » by zeebneeb » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Snakebites wrote:We’ve done pretty badly against poor teams while being inexplicably decent against good teams. One of those trends will eventually give way, as they’re paradoxical.

We’ll find out which in the coming weeks.
Me and my brother talked at length about this team before the season started and one of our biggest worries is that the team would be better then anyone thought.

Well when the season started and the team kept losing our fears were lessened, and it seemed all the rookies needed a long time to start having an impact. Well, now here's today. Bey is really starting to have a serious impact(I love that part, no complaints)and Stewart is a real force down low on both ends, and had a hell of a bigger impact then I thought he would(again, love it). Hayes went down, who was playing horrifically and while learning I had zero problem with it as it ensured a top pick.

Now it seems Blake is starting to come alive and with Grant's explosion, Bey playing well, and Stewart, and Weavers other pickups all contributing, this team already a few bounces away from having damn near a .500 record is really starting to gel. It has me worried. Fans love a team that wins, but Piston fans having sat thru a decade plus of 10th-7th seed truly want a top pick. A player that will really shine, and put the team back on the map.

This team absolutely has what it takes to go on a winning streak, and climb towards.500 and its making me really nervous. I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I love that the rookies(well two of them anyway)are a huge part of it, but losing a top 5 pick this year would be crushing.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#6 » by Sort » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:44 pm

As messed up as this season is for everyone, you can easily see the Pistons going on a winning streak. You know Casey will still lean hard on his vets, and here are the two top concerns then:

1) Blake is playing better basketball overall; he's limiting his game some to fit the team and not trying to be himself from two years ago. So many times early on Rose and Blake just tanked hard for the Pistons due to their self image no longer fitting with their declining skills.

2) Delon Wright has been playing far better than anyone could have expected three out of every four games. It's actually much harder to tank when your starting one is efficiently getting 18 and 8.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#7 » by MotownMadness » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Sort wrote:As messed up as this season is for everyone, you can easily see the Pistons going on a winning streak. You know Casey will still lean hard on his vets, and here are the two top concerns then:

1) Blake is playing better basketball overall; he's limiting his game some to fit the team and not trying to be himself from two years ago. So many times early on Rose and Blake just tanked hard for the Pistons due to their self image no longer fitting with their declining skills.

2) Delon Wright has been playing far better than anyone could have expected three out of every four games. It's actually much harder to tank when your starting one is efficiently getting 18 and 8.

Yeah I noticed Blake seems to be accepting a smaller role at this stage in his career. Smart on his part to not be stubborn after being such a high usage player his whole career.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,315

Post#8 » by oldncreaky » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:22 pm

I'd be a bit worried about the Pistons' net point differential, which can be a better gauge of how good a team is, and how much it will win going forward. By point differential, the Pistons are 24th in the NBA, with a diff of -4.6, and are clearly better than OKC, ORL, WAS, MIN and CLE

Start DSJ !!!!
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#9 » by bstein14 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:14 pm

I'd be super happy to finish anyhwere in the bottom 3 and drafting in the top 5 picks. Once we get outside that range it starts to become a bit of a slippery slope on missing out on some real talent. Will Weaver make pro tank moves? Rose trade for DSJ was a pro tank move for sure. Having Hayes start is a pro-tank move. Not sure if he would pull the trigger on another player that would be pro-tank. Really this team is much, much worse if the only two PG's are Hayes and DSJ and Wright is gone for another asset but who knows if Weaver would pull the trigger on a deal like that just to stay at the bottom of the rankings.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,030

Post#10 » by NYPiston » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:40 pm

The schedule was bound to flip at some point, their schedule to date has been incredibly difficult. Has there been any team in the league with a tougher schedule thus far?

With that said, teams like the Raptors and Grizzlies are better than their record shows, probably the Pelicans too, so these will be tough games I'd imagine.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#11 » by jakebernat » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:09 pm

NYPiston wrote:The schedule was bound to flip at some point, their schedule to date has been incredibly difficult. Has there been any team in the league with a tougher schedule thus far?

With that said, teams like the Raptors and Grizzlies are better than their record shows, probably the Pelicans too, so these will be tough games I'd imagine.

I saw a stat not too long ago that said that statistically, we’ve had the most difficult schedule in the league.

Return to Detroit Pistons