DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: GAME 33: Kings @ Pistons 8PM 

Post#61 » by DetroitSho » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:25 pm

Manocad wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Where's the hate for Weaver and the FO now

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app

I’m waiting for someone to suggest that moving Rose and Blake and playing the kids was something Weaver and Casey were forced to do at gunpoint by a highly knowledgeable RealGM poster because it was never part of the plan all along. Or that it occurred out of pure happenstance because both are just too dumb to do something like that. Just like signing Grant, Plumlee and Wright. Obviously pure luck and Rod Beard’s report that there was a completely calculated plan in place was a total fabrication.
I'm just waiting for a time where everytime the Pistons go on a 10-2 run in a game people will stop being so scared of losing a top 5 pick FFS. Every good stretch of basketball in a game doesn't equate to some inevitable winning streak.

They won a whopping 5 games in January and 4 in February even with our "improved" play and roster balance. I will contend that our ability to win basketball games is more likely to get worse as the season goes on than it is to get better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#62 » by chrbal » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:49 pm

You notice how the pistons poor draft history posts have been showing up a lot, there.

It’s crazy because we basically have a textbook rebuild.
Rookies on roster, 5.
Other teams lottery busts who are still young, 3.
Major free agents added, Grant.
Glue guys added, 3.
Veteran seat warmer, McGruder.

But people cite the sixers barely field an nba roster and bank on luck plan as something that was more a sure thing.

I could’ve done without acquiring Dedmon to waive him and personally would have kept tony Bradley around, over signing okafor and acquiring zhaire to cut him. But neither move is awful or pointless.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#63 » by Pharaoh » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:55 am

Or the idea that us saving boatloads of cap space to help facilitate trades was somehow going to lead to us acquire a war chest of future mid first round picks!

But but but OKC & NO have loads of picks!

Yeah they do - they got them because they traded away Westbrook, PG13, AD & Jrue!

Said it before and I'll say it again:

Weaver and his staff had 5 months to prepare for the off-season! To think they had no clue boggles my mind
chrbal wrote:

You notice how the pistons poor draft history posts have been showing up a lot, there.

It’s crazy because we basically have a textbook rebuild.
Rookies on roster, 5.
Other teams lottery busts who are still young, 3.
Major free agents added, Grant.
Glue guys added, 3.
Veteran seat warmer, McGruder.

But people sight the sixers barely field an nba roster and bank on luck plan as something that was more a sure thing.

I could’ve done without acquiring Dedmon to waive him and personally would have kept tony Bradley around, over signing okafor and acquiring zhaire to cut him. But neither move is awful or pointless.

Return to Detroit Pistons