GAME 35: Pistons @ Raptors 7PM

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Re: GAME 35: Pistons @ Raptors 7PM 

Post#41 » by Reeko » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:33 am

Sorry for cracking on you guys earlier in the game. You've got a nice player in Saben Lee.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#42 » by radeonboy » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:33 am

Coach Casey popping the champagne
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#43 » by detroitKG » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:34 am

Read on Twitter
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#44 » by whitehops » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:36 am

weird game overall with both teams missing heavy rotation players but the boys played well from start to finish.

crazy that we had two guys with triple doubles and had 40 assists!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#45 » by chrbal » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:37 am

zeebneeb wrote:There was a question on the general board on whether or not your still impressed with the triple double.

No.

Yes and no, tonight no. That was basically a practice
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#46 » by whitehops » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:45 am

DSJ was really bad in his start here but he's turned it around.

still nothing great, but he could have a role in the league as opposed to out of it which is how bad he looked earlier.

and we better sign saben lee to a proper contract soon because he deserves way more than to be a two-way player.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#47 » by Sort » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:51 am

chrbal wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:There was a question on the general board on whether or not your still impressed with the triple double.

No.

Practice game - it felt like an exhibition game, like the stats from tonight's game won't be counted. Wait until that Toronto squad faces a more cohesive and talented team....
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#48 » by chrbal » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:58 am

Sort wrote:
chrbal wrote:

No.

Practice game - it felt like an exhibition game, like the stats from tonight's game won't be counted. Wait until that Toronto squad faces a more cohesive and talented team....

Boston will win tomorrow’s game around halftime.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#49 » by NYPiston » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:48 am

chrbal wrote:

Once I heard all the people they had out and the amount of guys from the coaching staff, there was no way we’d lose tonight.

Was only really hoping to see donta Hall gets some playing time

They missed a bunch of guys but so did the Pistons who were missing arguably their 3 best players in Grant, Jackson and Wright so it seemed like a pretty even fight. Turns out the Pistons depth was better tonight, who knew?

It's been soft competition for the most part but Lee continues to impress, every game. They better damn well find a way to get him significant minutes when Wright and Hayes return.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#50 » by bstein14 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:57 am

It feels like triple doubles used to be incredibly rare for Pistons and now we've got Plumlee with his 2nd one this season and we've got DSR with one in the same game. Really bizarre game for sure. If I could have seen this boxscore 4 months ago my head probably would have exploded. I'd be wondering where all our players were and how we got all these guys.... how DSR and Plumlee are putting up triple doubles for us and why Ellington is starting at F and our leading scorer.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#51 » by Manocad » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:01 am

Reeko wrote:Sorry for cracking on you guys earlier in the game. You've got a nice player in Saben Lee.

No offense taken. We don't expect much from an Ohio State fan given your offspring are probably still two generations away from knuckles no longer dragging on the ground.

Just kidding, of course. In the context of this NBA basketball forum, that is. And this forum only, if you catch my drift. :D
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#52 » by ComboGuardCity » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:20 am

Missed the game. This was Casey’s super bowl.
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#53 » by GBanga3 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:21 am

Fun game, I am sure Vege would have enjoyed it.

Probably a win we didn't need, but silver lining would be Ellington showing out! Come and get this man!!
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#54 » by El Chivo » Thu Mar 4, 2021 1:06 pm

we're rebuilding in a funny way and we have some good young pieces.

people around here will always find a way to complain for the second rounders we gave away attached to DNP Kennard, for Kevin Porter Jr, for Sirvidys and whatever else, but move on.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#55 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:21 pm

I would be very pleased adding a young star from the draft to this group, shocking I know
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,781

Post#56 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:54 pm

Yeah, I don’t wanna see Josh Jackson anymore.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#57 » by Manocad » Thu Mar 4, 2021 6:17 pm

El Chivo wrote:we're rebuilding in a funny way and we have some good young pieces.

people around here will always find a way to complain for the second rounders we gave away attached to DNP Kennard, for Kevin Porter Jr, for Sirvidys and whatever else, but move on.

Eh, I think people view it as funny/strange/wrong because it's not how THEY thought it should be done. The important part IMO is the result.

One thing about this team...they rarely get bombed out. They're going to lose a lot of games but night in and night out they're pretty competitive for having really only one player who could be considered star-level along with a bunch of rookies, has beens, and hopefully maybe could be's. Add a good player in the next draft and maybe the year after that as well, fill a gap with a key free agent pick up and/or try to land a marquee player, and it's not hard to see this team making some noise in 2-3 years.

Now if you've followed the Pistons for very long, think about the last time you could say that and truly mean it. I'll clue you in--a lot of you probably weren't alive.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#58 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Mar 4, 2021 7:50 pm

Snakebites wrote:Yeah, I don’t wanna see Josh Jackson anymore.

Josh has so much talent, but all he knows is drive or shoot when he has the ball. Passing is option 5 or 6 after TOs, getting his shot blocked and offensive foul.

On defense he tries hard, but his emotions get the best of him and he freaks out.

He's still just 24. So his prime hasnt arrived. Hopefully a lot more maturity comes to him. He could be amazing.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,781

Post#59 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 4, 2021 8:54 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Yeah, I don’t wanna see Josh Jackson anymore.

Josh has so much talent, but all he knows is drive or shoot when he has the ball. Passing is option 5 or 6 after TOs, getting his shot blocked and offensive foul.

On defense he tries hard, but his emotions get the best of him and he freaks out.

He's still just 24. So his prime hasnt arrived. Hopefully a lot more maturity comes to him. He could be amazing.

Yeah, he frustrates me. His outside shot is terrible too.

He’s clearly a headcase- we are seeing the same flaws that have kept him from being a steady NBA contributor thus far. That means that taking a flyer on him has (so far) not worked out.

At this point we have other guards/wings that I’d rather see out there than him- enough to fill a rotation. Especially once Delon gets back. DSJ and Saben have both played well enough to deserve minutes.

Return to Detroit Pistons