ImageImageImage

Piston/GS trade idea

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Piston/GS trade idea 

Post#1 » by Shooter1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:38 am

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03/11/nba-rumors-detroit-pistons-golden-warriors-warriors-trade-jerami-grant/2/

Detroit Pistons Receive: Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, 2021 1st Round Pick (via MIN), 2026 1st Round Pick (Top 3 Protected)

Golden State Receive: Jerami Grant, Delon Wright

Minn 1st is top 3 protected. But if it fell to 4 and Piston get a top 3...... This is the best offer so far. Wiggins can then be traded for another #1.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Re: Piston/GS trade rumor 

Post#2 » by mattao313 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:39 am

Thats a easy yes for me cant see GS doing it.
Championships
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#3 » by thesack12 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:39 am

Umm, yes please.

Where do I sign?
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#4 » by zeebneeb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:44 am

mattao313 wrote:Thats a easy yes for me cant see GS doing it.
This is actually a good trade for GS, and ill bet they proposed it. Grant is a dynamic player that as a PF/SF averages over a block a game, can shoot the three, get to the rim,, and draw fouls.. He would fit in there like a damn glove.

This is actually a good trade for both teams. GS wants to extend their run, and Detroit wants to nab high end 1st round picks. Win win for both teams. In the end, its iffy for Detroit as what are the odds that the team lands a player as good as Grant?
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#5 » by Kilo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:58 am

How about a link to the source of this "rumor"...
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#6 » by guldakot » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:11 am

unfortunately he's probably referencing this ,its a site that focuses on what potential trades could look like, not verified rumors.
https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03/11/nba-rumors-detroit-pistons-golden-warriors-warriors-trade-jerami-grant/2/
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#7 » by bstein14 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:43 am

That 2021 first round pick is top 3 protected. That's the real question in this deal. Do you risk it not being relayed this year and Minny potentially being much better next year if they get another top 3 pick. One of these years they will finally put it all together with all the young talent they have. They've got to eventually.

That Minny pick is IMO worth more than 3 Boston picks in 21, 23, and 25.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#8 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:20 am

bstein14 wrote:That 2021 first round pick is top 3 protected. That's the real question in this deal. Do you risk it not being relayed this year and Minny potentially being much better next year if they get another top 3 pick. One of these years they will finally put it all together with all the young talent they have. They've got to eventually.

That Minny pick is IMO worth more than 3 Boston picks in 21, 23, and 25.
How many times will it take before Minny puts it together? It ain't happening next year either.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,759

Re: Piston/GS trade idea 

Post#9 » by Snakebites » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:20 am

Title/OP edited for accuracy and to include the link.
Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#10 » by Shooter1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:50 am

Snakebites wrote:Title/OP edited for accuracy and to include the link.

Thanks Snake
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#11 » by Pharaoh » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:46 am

I'd take this deal.

Minnesota ain't getting it together any time soon regardless of coach or GM so if the pick doesn't convey this year it will in 2022.

Not sure we'd be able to flip Wiggins for a first - still gotta match salaries - but he's been better than I expected in GS so who knows, maybe he's not as bad as people think?

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#12 » by Kilo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:10 pm

GSW could get Beal for that package.

But there is a ~40% chance the pick doesn't convey this season, so that is a helluva gamble. It comes down to GSW wanting to contend this season or not to move the Minnesota pick. It goes up in value after the lottery if Minnesota pick ends up 4th or 5th, but it crashes if they end up in the top three and it's bumped to 2022. If they hold on and it's 4/5 this year they can get an elite player and with Klay coming back could be a favorite again next season. But if they keep it and Minnesota wins the lotto to add a top 3 player to KAT, DAR, Edwards then the pick is late lotto and GSW's window probably closes as they couldn't get a good enough return for it.

Warriors best play I think it to trade it now for the 80% of it's peak worth and get a top player at a position of need than hold on to it and gamble that it's not conveyed this year.

It would be unprotected next year IIRC, but only would be an 11.7 chance of moving up to top 4 and 2.5% chance at #1 OA from the 10th pick spot (late lotto). Right now it's a 6 in 10 chance at 4/5, next year it's a 1 in 10 chance for 1-4.

Gun to my head I do it as the Pistons and don't think it's out of the realm for GSW to consider as Grant is a killer fit there now and going forward. I think you'd have to be okay with it being Wiggins and #10 OA in 2022 for Grant and if that's good enough return for the lotto ticket it could be Wiggins and 60% @ #4/5 this year or Wiggins and 10% @ #1-4 next year.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#13 » by MotownMadness » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Even if that pick doesn't convey this year it's unprotected next year where we'll get it. I do this trade easily.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#14 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Kilo wrote:GSW could get Beal for that package.

But there is a ~40% chance the pick doesn't convey this season, so that is a helluva gamble. It comes down to GSW wanting to contend this season or not to move the Minnesota pick. It goes up in value after the lottery if Minnesota pick ends up 4th or 5th, but it crashes if they end up in the top three and it's bumped to 2022. If they hold on and it's 4/5 this year they can get an elite player and with Klay coming back could be a favorite again next season. But if they keep it and Minnesota wins the lotto to add a top 3 player to KAT, DAR, Edwards then the pick is late lotto and GSW's window probably closes as they couldn't get a good enough return for it.

Warriors best play I think it to trade it now for the 80% of it's peak worth and get a top player at a position of need than hold on to it and gamble that it's not conveyed this year.

It would be unprotected next year IIRC, but only would be an 11.7 chance of moving up to top 4 and 2.5% chance at #1 OA from the 10th pick spot (late lotto). Right now it's a 6 in 10 chance at 4/5, next year it's a 1 in 10 chance for 1-4.

Gun to my head I do it as the Pistons and don't think it's out of the realm for GSW to consider as Grant is a killer fit there now and going forward. I think you'd have to be okay with it being Wiggins and #10 OA in 2022 for Grant and if that's good enough return for the lotto ticket it could be Wiggins and 60% @ #4/5 this year or Wiggins and 10% @ #1-4 next year.
There's nothing that suggests to me that Minny would be drafting anywhere outta the top 5 next year too.

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#15 » by bstein14 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:35 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Kilo wrote:GSW could get Beal for that package.

There's nothing that suggests to me that Minny would be drafting anywhere outta the top 5 next year too.

To be in the top 5 you have to be the worst team in the league, or get lucky with lottery balls.

They could finish 5th worst and draft 7th or 8th with how the new lottery system works.

They are far from being a guaranteed 5th worst team next year. I agree they aren't a playoff team, but its far from a lock of being a top 5 pick next year.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#16 » by ducler » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:40 pm

If the pick stays with the Wolves this year, no problem, that's increases our chances at Emoni Bates next year.

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#17 » by Manocad » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Pure fluff article. There was no rumor or source ever mentioned other than in the headline. And the article clearly reads like the writer is playing some "What if?" games. Would I do it? Absolutely. I like Grant a whole lot but having two first round picks in this draft with another two first rounders in five years (assuming they don't get moved in a trade) is a pretty big deal.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#18 » by Canadafan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:29 pm

ducler wrote:If the pick stays with the Wolves this year, no problem, that's increases our chances at Emoni Bates next year.

Sent from my STF-L09 using RealGM mobile app

Ya we need to talk Warriors into this. They would be great this year and even better next with Steph Klay Oubre Grant Green with Wiseman still. Let's give them all our vets for Previous mentioned package and Wiseman lmao

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjr4xzzu
:wink:
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#19 » by tmorgan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:39 am

I was on an idea like this a month or two ago in the trade forum. GSW fans seemed amenable, but i didn’t include Wiggins, who they actually seem to like. Still, it’s a lot of salary moving forward, so they’d have to consider getting out of his deal if they have Grant.

I’d definitely do it. Grant is a very good player, but trading someone at peak value is usually smart. That’s about where he is — playing well on both ends, volume scoring, signed for the playoff run plus two years at an under market deal. The only way that Minny pick isn’t a top prospect is if they get top 3 (55%) and improve greatly next season, which i don’t see happening.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#20 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:01 pm

The answer is no unless Wiggins can be moved to a third team for assets/expirings/pick.

Return to Detroit Pistons