chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: GAME 39: Spurs @ Pistons 8PM 

Post#41 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:40 pm

vege wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
vege wrote:Unwatchable

Don’t worry, Vege. We have tons of cap space and draft picks coming up - the future is bright!

I hope so, but I have 0 faith in Weaver. I hope we don't become the next Sacramento Kings or Minnesotta Timberwolves, but that's what I see for our future.

I get your issues with weaver, but what did you honestly think the 1st year of a tank would look like?

Kings and wolves have better rosters but a terrible track record for understanding how to build in the nba.

Could be worse we could be the rockets. Terrible history of drafting, players locked in to large contracts, veterans on expiring contracts that don’t want to be there, and then a whole bunch of random g league pick ups with minimal upside.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#42 » by vege » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:07 pm

chrbal wrote:
vege wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
Don’t worry, Vege. We have tons of cap space and draft picks coming up - the future is bright!

I hope so, but I have 0 faith in Weaver. I hope we don't become the next Sacramento Kings or Minnesotta Timberwolves, but that's what I see for our future.

I get your issues with weaver, but what did you honestly think the 1st year of a tank would look like?

Kings and wolves have better rosters but a terrible track record for understanding how to build in the nba.

Could be worse we could be the rockets. Terrible history of drafting, players locked in to large contracts, veterans on expiring contracts that don’t want to be there, and then a whole bunch of random g league pick ups with minimal upside.

Hum, I posted it several times.

Haliburton/Jackson/Bey/Grant/Wood with Bruce Brown and Miles Plumlee off the bench. Without dead money in our cap and without us owning future picks, in fact, with us collecting assets to trade for good young players (2nds for Rose/Ellington etc etc). We would need a better SG and depth, but that team would be exciting, with a lot of room to grow and a lot of cap space to add pieces in the future.

You are correct about Houston, they are **** for a long long time. They would be in a much worse position if we didn't gift them Wood and a future 1st.

Charlotte was in the same boat we were before this season. They got luck and drafted Lamelo, now they're in a good position, as long as their FO are competent.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#43 » by DNice68 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 pm

vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:
vege wrote:

Haliburton/Jackson/Bey/Grant/Wood with Bruce Brown and Miles Plumlee off the bench. Without dead money in our cap and without us owning future picks, in fact, with us collecting assets to trade for good young players (2nds for Rose/Ellington etc etc). We would need a better SG and depth, but that team would be exciting, with a lot of room to grow and a lot of cap space to add pieces in the future.

You are correct about Houston, they are **** for a long long time. They would be in a much worse position if we didn't gift them Wood and a future 1st.

Charlotte was in the same boat we were before this season. They got luck and drafted Lamelo, now they're in a good position, as long as their FO are competent.

I think if we draft Haliburton and keep Wood, we probably don’t have Grant, and are in the 7 to 10 range in the lottery.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#44 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 pm

vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:
vege wrote:

That’s fair. I forgot Orlando. If you look at what they’ve done/are doing, it’s like a greatest hits of what the treadmill pistons did.

Since I brought this on.
I would still have drafted Hayes, and did the move to get bey (musa would be on the bench instead of devidis), taken a smaller return in a wood sign and trade, do the Lee/Bradley move but keep Bradley. Sign Grant, plumlee, and Jackson. Unload Snell to get Wright.

Accepted Utah’s 2nd call of accepting Ed Davis (they did this trade with New York) and two 2nds for what is basically air to trade him to Minnesota for a 2nd and two players to waive.

Fill out the rest of the roster as needed.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#45 » by vege » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:50 pm

DNice68 wrote:
vege wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I think if we draft Haliburton and keep Wood, we probably don’t have Grant, and are in the 7 to 10 range in the lottery.

You are incorrect. We could have signed Grant and Plumlee and kept Wood I explained that a few times before, I even showed the math.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#46 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm

vege wrote:
DNice68 wrote:
vege wrote:

You are incorrect. We could have signed Grant and Plumlee and kept Wood I explained that a few times before, I even showed the math.

Never mind, you were responding to someone else
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#47 » by DetroitSho » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm

vege wrote:
DNice68 wrote:
vege wrote:

The fact that you actually think that could've happened really says alot about your grasp on reality and confirms the unreal expectations you have. On top of that you added what I'm sure is some convoluted math to further add to the fairy tale.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons